Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2021, 07:25 PM
    Another present from China
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...58ccbba337f69e

apparently China has been a little careless with its space junk and a large piece will crash to Earth soon. Weighting several tonnes, the section of the long march rocket could impact anywhere from New York to New Zealand, that is it it doesn't burn up on reentry. We should immediately demand this rogue nation clean up after itself and not put anyoneelse in danger
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2021, 06:40 AM
    There has been over 60 deliberate destructions of orbiting satellites conducted by the US ,Russia ,and China . There are over 20,000 artificial devices we know of orbiting the earth and countless smaller junk that could cripple or destroy orbiting space stations . America's Skylab crashed to Earth . Mir crashed to Earth . 2009 a defunct Russian satellite crashed with a US communication satellite leaving over 2,000 pieces of smaller junk rotating the Earth . An average of 200 and 400 tracked objects enter Earth's atmosphere every year. Space junk is an international problem It will only become worse as more nations get the ability to launch .
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2021, 10:32 AM
    we should immediately demand this rogue nation clean up after itself
    (Puts on Goggles)
    FIRE THE LAZARRR!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2021, 01:28 PM
    Hurry Scotty beam me up, these humans are nasty!!
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2021, 04:07 PM
    Thanks for the facts Tom, seems many more than the Chinese need to clean up their act. An opportunity is being missed here, all those wonder targets for testing exotic weapons. the UN needs a resolution here, no launch without plans for recovery of the vehicle and all components. Would give the US a clear advantage at the moment as they can recover some components
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2021, 10:12 PM
    China has described speculation about where this Chinese junk will hit as western hype but they offer no assurances it is under control or that its orbit is known. China continues their spate of irresponsibility
    Expert

May 7, 2021, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    China has described speculation about where this Chinese junk will hit as western hype but they offer no assurances it is under control or that its orbit is known. China continues their spate of irresponsibility
    What do you think the responsible thing for China to do about their space junk would be?
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2021, 02:31 PM
    Send up a recovery vehicle or in the case of this one find a way to incorporate in their space station
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2021, 03:27 PM
    redirect it to crash were there is no land mass .
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2021, 04:20 PM
    If they can do that they can redirect it to crash into an "enemy" city and claim it is an accident. They allegedly have hypersonic missiles they therefore have the technology to destroy it

May 7, 2021, 04:29 PM
    What do you think the responsible thing for China to do about their space junk would be?
    Toss it into the Junk pile. America will do.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2021, 06:58 PM
    How naive you are

May 7, 2021, 09:32 PM
    The US is responsible for the most debris in space, followed by Russia and China. America should take care of the Problem. I use to live with two roomies, If I wanted a clean house, I would have to clean it. Or should I have waited for my roomies to contribute? ClearSpace-1, set to launch in 2025, we're on it.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2021, 05:45 AM
    So China says the reentry is controlled, how come then it is aimed at Australia. I don't know how many more of these provacations we can stand

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...b73aa2c2bfc639

We will have to start seizing some Chinese fishing boats
    Expert

May 9, 2021, 04:27 AM
    It's being reported that the rocket landed in the Indian Ocean so crisis over?? And what are you going to do if it had hit Australia, or anywhere else for that matter??
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It's being reported that the rocket landed in the Indian Ocean so crisis over?? And what are you going to do if it had hit Australia, or anywhere else for that matter??
    Certainly require reparations
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 05:10 AM
    I see the Chinese are not letting up on the rhetorical pressure. Excuse me but it does appear that they are going after the weakest links in the 5 eyes ...the Aussies and the Canadians .

China war: Australia threatened with 'ballistic missile strike' by China | World | News | Express.co.uk

China’s Threat to Bomb Australia Shows Need for Aussie Nuclear Deterrent (theepochtimes.com)
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I see the Chinese are not letting up on the rhetorical pressure. Excuse me but it does appear that they are going after the weakest links in the 5 eyes ...the Aussies and the Canadians .

China war: Australia threatened with 'ballistic missile strike' by China | World | News | Express.co.uk

China’s Threat to Bomb Australia Shows Need for Aussie Nuclear Deterrent (theepochtimes.com)
    I like the nuclear deterrent, a little MAD will keep them in line
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 01:37 PM
    you mean the American umbrella ?

Actually Chinese nuclear doctrine is scary and I don't think they care about MAD . Not sure if they even care if they contaminate an island they want to reunite with ,

Nuclear plants a big security risk - Taipei Times
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 03:15 PM
    No I mean doing what we should have done decades ago and acquire our own nuclear deterrent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

View more questions Search