Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeet Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Mar 22, 2005, 03:07 AM
    How to create a good virus?
    Hi,
    My querry is that , how can a person create a good virus... I mean which is benifical... are there of this kind viruses which are reallly helpful?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 05:49 AM
    I guess there are "good" viruses, one's that get in via a security hole and then patch it. Trouble is these would be a lot of work for very little gain. If you find a security hole in something, you tell the developers. They will be able to fix the hole much faster than you and then distribute the fix more quick too.

As for how to make one - To make a "good" virus you would need to know how to make a run of the mill, bad virus. Nobody on here is going to tell you how to do that (even if we did know :P). We have no security that you're not going to use the information to freeze PC's over the world.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 06:43 AM
    Good viruses
    Hi,
    Your best source of info on this subject would be a search engine, such as http://www.google.com
    You can type it what you wish, such as "good virus", etc, and find information.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2005, 07:33 AM
    There is no such thing as a "good virus". By its very definition, a virus is code that is designed to spread from machine to machine, making changes in secret. This is never "good". No one has the right to make changes to someone else's machine without permission.

Last year someone did try to write a virus that would block or reverse the effects of a previously issued virus. But since any code may have unpredictable effects on certain machines, this attempt caused more problems then it cured.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2005, 10:39 AM
    Best place to start is to learn programming. Any programmer can create a 'virus' if they want to. So choose a language and start learning it. Warning, programming may lead to a good career. ;)
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2005, 10:47 AM
    Not to reply twice but I just noticed you are the one who wants to HACK too. Gee with all this good you're planning, maybe we should vote you for member of the year or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I create a bootable cd? [ 7 Answers ]

My friend has had problems reloading windows xp after formating, missing files and such. I have tried some other solutions and come to the conclusion he had a bad disk. Now somewhere or somehow he got a hold of the files or an XP disk , I'm really not sure, but he asked if I knew how to make a...

Create mhtml [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a way to programmatically create one MHTML document that embeds all the required resources (text, images, scripts, etc.), similar kind to PDF document? Presently, I'm only able to find converters. Thank everyone.

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

How can create chocolate? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Would you mind tell me how can make chocolate?

View more questions Search