Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 3, 2021, 05:09 AM
    They have been trying to go in the direction of systemic racism for some time now, but that's a hard case to make. Black Americans are now in the position of having the opportunity to make great progress over the next ten or twenty years simply by changing their own behaviors. Rebuilding families and solving the problem of inefficient schooling would be great places to start.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2021, 08:39 PM
    America isn't a racists country (Anymore?), but many Americans are and they support and elect those that make and enforce racist policies, practices, and procedures.

Sadly there are enough nitwits that just don't know the difference which makes the coalition of racists and fundie bible thumpers a dangerous combination when you include 2nd amendment wingnuts in that mix. Yep that's the repub party alright corrupted finally by the dufus cult even after being evicted from the WH.

They still rule the repubs make no mistake about it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2021, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    America isn't a racists country (Anymore?), but many Americans are and they support and elect those that make and enforce racist policies, practices, and procedures.
    A foolproof way of identifying racism is when cops killing unarmed blacks is met with a "blaming-the-victim" trope of black-on-black inner-city violence intended to deflect from the murderous police. Just as effective is commenting on out-of-wedlock births when responding to a black person being traffic-stopped and winding up being shot to death for no valid reason. These types always fail to recognize root causes as a major contributing factor to these situations they love to decry.

Sadly there are enough nitwits that just don't know the difference which makes the coalition of racists and fundie bible thumpers a dangerous combination when you include 2nd amendment wingnuts in that mix. Yep that's the repub party alright corrupted finally by the dufus cult even after being evicted from the WH.
    Unfortunately, that's very true. It shows how the mob is always latent in certain well-defined groups waiting for a con-man like Trump to lead them into paths of hatred and sedition. The line between white evangelicals and racism is a thin one.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2021, 03:05 AM
    so your answer is no America is not a racist nation ...... just the people . The American Ambassador to the UN accused the US of systemic racism. I think the Dems are walking back from their comments and their true beliefs only for political considerations . That's why they are giving us qualifying but monkeys "American is not a racists nation BUT..... " Scott called them out so now they backtrack .
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2021, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    so your answer is no America is not a racist nation ...... just the people
    What don't you understand about that?

The American Ambassador to the UN accused the US of systemic racism.
    Systemic racism reflects racist people, not the federal laws passed by Congress against discrimination of all kinds.

I think the Dems are walking back from their comments and their true beliefs only for political considerations
    If you're referring to Biden's recent response to the question whether America is racist, and he gave a lame answer, I agree. It is not unheard of for a politician to give a political answer to a question. We can agree it's not always in the best interests of truth.

Scott's comment about liberal progressives calling him the "N"-" word didn't make sense.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2021, 05:17 AM
    The greatest racism I know of in America belongs to those whose response to the out of wedlock birth crisis, the education crisis, and thousands of black people annually murdered by other black people is nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and to essentially say, "We don't care. If it can't be used as a political tool against conservatives, then we have no concern about it. Let em stay mired in poverty and violence."
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2021, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The greatest racism I know of in America belongs to those whose response to the out of wedlock birth crisis, the education crisis, and thousands of black people annually murdered by other black people is nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders
    Athos
    These types always fail to recognize root causes as a major contributing factor to these situations they love to decry.
    Athos
    The line between white evangelicals and racism is a thin one.
    Thanks for proving my points.
    Expert

May 4, 2021, 11:57 AM
    so your answer is no America is not a racist nation ...... just the people . The American Ambassador to the UN accused the US of systemic racism. I think the Dems are walking back from their comments and their true beliefs only for political considerations . That's why they are giving us qualifying but monkeys "American is not a racists nation BUT..... " Scott called them out so now they backtrack .
    I find it fascinating the only black US senator has been stopped 7 times scared crapless and says this isn't a racist nation. Nice cover for the real racists and true believers don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The greatest racism I know of in America belongs to those whose response to the out of wedlock birth crisis, the education crisis, and thousands of black people annually murdered by other black people is nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and to essentially say, "We don't care. If it can't be used as a political tool against conservatives, then we have no concern about it. Let em stay mired in poverty and violence."
    Of course you can't find anyone remotely like that except in your own warped twisted mind.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2021, 04:55 AM
    comment removed and incorporated below
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2021, 05:02 AM
    I find it fascinating the only black US senator has been stopped 7 times scared crapless and says this isn't a racist nation. Nice cover for the real racists and true believers don't you think?
    He's not the only Black Senator . The Dems only have 2 . Spartacus Booker and the Rev Warnock .

I was taught by my dad the proper conduct to follow when being pulled over ,and I followed that the times I have been pulled over . A couple of them I thought I was pulled over for no good reason .The person to argue your case to is to a judge ;not to the cop.

Democrats want it both ways They want to appease the woke by decrying "systemic racism"(which effectively means America is a racist nation) while Quid and Harris says the US is not a racist country .How can both be true ?

What Scott did was pose a simple observation. That the Dems have trouble with the question is more telling about them. It comes down to the fact that Scott is an independent thinker who does not buy into the party line that the only legitimate Black position is the ones the Dems dictate .
    Uber Member

May 5, 2021, 05:10 AM
    Thanks for proving my points.
    And you as well. If you can't score pol points off of it, you seem not to care. "What? Out of wedlock births and poor schools cause rampant poverty and misery?? Who cares? Let's go for the stuff that we can use against the repubs!"

stopped 7 times scared crapless
    Tim Scott is not a liberal dem so he doesn't scare that easy.
    Expert

May 5, 2021, 05:45 AM
    He's not the only Black Senator . The Dems only have 2 . Spartacus Booker and the Rev Warnock .

I was taught by my dad the proper conduct to follow when being pulled over ,and I followed that the times I have been pulled over . A couple of them I thought I was pulled over for no good reason .The person to argue your case to is to a judge ;not to the cop.

Democrats want it both ways They want to appease the woke by decrying "systemic racism"(which effectively means America is a racist nation) while Quid and Harris says the US is not a racist country .How can both be true ?

What Scott did was pose a simple observation. That the Dems have trouble with the question is more telling about them. It comes down to the fact that Scott is an independent thinker who does not buy into the party line that the only legitimate Black position is the ones the Dems dictate .
    No Mr. Scott is a partisan true believer espousing HIS party's line. Nothing independent about that and a little thought can bring understanding that there can be racism in this country without it being a racist country.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2021, 06:26 AM
    What would make him an independent thinker . Towing the Dem party line ... yeah I thought so . I have heard the accusation by the Dems . That America was born a racists country and is systemically racist to this day . Then they go on and accuse the Republicans ,the conservatives , of being racists . I have heard that accusation of every Republican Presidential candidate since Ike . It is the blood libel they keep on the shelf as their ultimate fall back rebuttal . Being fiscally conservative is racist . Wanting to secure the integrity of the franchise is racist . Controlling the border is racist . Believing in a smaller federal government is racist . On and on .
    Expert

May 5, 2021, 12:22 PM
    I have nothing against Mr. Scott espousing the party line, but don't try to sell me as him being a truth-teller or even an independent. If he did then he would be like Liz Cheney booted out of the party for telling the truth.

Talk about cancel culture
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2021, 04:17 AM
    Liz Cheney is banking on having significant 'Never Trumpers left in the party . She just is betting on the wrong horse. IF she was so sure the election in Ariz. was so above board then why would she oppose an audit ? Wouldn't that bolster her argument if the audit proved the election was fair ? Clearly she is worried the the audit will expose the extent of the Democrat fraud in the election.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2021, 06:28 AM
    Liz Cheney is banking on having significant 'Never Trumpers left in the party . She just is betting on the wrong horse. IF she was so sure the election in Ariz. was so above board then why would she oppose an audit ?
    Because it's already been done - more than once!

Wouldn't that bolster her argument if the audit proved the election was fair
    Not a chance in hell the audit will be fair. The stories coming out of the Arizona audit are bizarre beyond belief. My favorite is the auditor who was at the Jan6 Trump Insurrection. I'm sure he'll be fair!

Clearly she is worried the the audit will expose the extent of the Democrat fraud in the election.
    Democrat fraud???? Only you, Trump, and the audit crooks believe that. Actually, in truth, none of you BELIEVE it. You all just want to illegally reverse the election.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2021, 06:30 AM
    the election is a done deal. I just don't want the fraud to happen again
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2021, 06:33 AM
    the election is a done deal. I just don't want the fraud to happen again
    There was no fraud.
    Expert

May 6, 2021, 07:25 AM
    Liz Cheney is banking on having significant 'Never Trumpers left in the party . She just is betting on the wrong horse. IF she was so sure the election in Ariz. was so above board then why would she oppose an audit ? Wouldn't that bolster her argument if the audit proved the election was fair ? Clearly she is worried the the audit will expose the extent of the Democrat fraud in the election.
    Love watching conservative dufus defenders heads explode! 8D Doesn't stop you guys from running in circles rambling about the end of the world though.

The Arizona "audit" ain't about nothing but feeding red meat to the loonies so the dufus can pay his lawyer bills and keep up the BIG LIE!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dream act candidates [ 1 Answers ]

My cousins age 20 and 17 got their work permits through the dream act passed in aug 2012. Question is their mom holds a green card can she file for them since they are un married and under 21? Also next question is once she files their I 130 they have to wait approx 3 years till their visa num is...

Get educated on the candidates [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. While at a party last night, a guest admitted that she was not educated on the candidates. She also said she wasn't even sure she was going to vote because she didn't know enough about either one. She admitted that she had not taken the time to get educated. I was shocked. It is...

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

The Candidates [ 17 Answers ]

Hello wingnuts: With Bush's approval ratings at 28%, why are the Republican candidates trying to out Bush each other? They all want to keep Gitmo open. None of them want gays to openly serve in the military, and they love the Iraq war. The base love's 'em, but that will never get them...

View more questions Search