Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2021, 04:33 AM
    I now have 2 candidates to support
    I already gave my endorsement to Ron DeSantis . After yesterday ,and having lived in the state he represents for a month ;I am now firmly in the Tim Scott camp.

While the libs protest ,threaten to defund the police ,or even worse nationalize the police .....and break things peacefully ;Scott has offered real solutions that he has passed in the Senate by huge bipartisan majorities . When the Dems talk about common ground ,all they need to do is examine what Scott has already put on the table.
    Sen. Tim Scott's Full Republican Response | WSJ - YouTube

"I get called Uncle Tom and the N word by progressives.." (Tim Scott last night in his rebuttal to Quid's SOTU address.

Tim Scott says 100 years ago kids were taught skin color was their most important characteristic."Today, kids are being taught that the color of their skin defines them again and if they look a certain way, they're an oppressor."

"Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."

"Democrats want a partisan wish list - they won't even build bridges to build bridges"

"Big majorities of Americans support early voting and big majorities support voter ID, including African-Americans and Hispanics,"
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2021, 05:17 AM
    What's your view of Ben Carson?
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2021, 06:59 AM
    Carson has similar views on how the Dems are trying to racially divide the nation that Scott spoke of in his address . He was also an accomplished surgeon. I don't think he stood out as a cabinet secretary . I don't think that was his fault . He should've been posted in a position more suitable to his expertise .He wasn't terrible at HUD (as opposed to il duce) .He created opportunity zones .

He went no where as a candidate in 2020 and was not very inspiring on the trail I don't think it is in him to be a dynamic candidate .I think the perfect spot for him would be Sec Health and Human Services ;or Surgeon General as a policy advocate and director .

Scott is more seasoned politically and has had a business career .
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2021, 07:07 AM
    He went no where as a candidate in 2020 and was not very inspiring on the trail I don't think it is in him to be a dynamic candidate
    That's a fair analysis.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2021, 10:10 AM
    It's very simple for me. I'm going to support whoever runs against Biden/Harris. I hope we make it far enough to see them replaced.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2021, 06:54 PM
    Yes Joe is a one term president, he is senile, but who comes after him, a black woman or a radical like AOC
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2021, 01:11 PM
    I already gave my endorsement to Ron DeSantis . After yesterday ,and having lived in the state he represents for a month ;I am now firmly in the Tim Scott camp.
    DeSantis is a dufus wannabe and Scott toes the party line admirably.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2021, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes Joe is a one term president, he is senile, but who comes after him, a black woman or a radical
    Do you object to "black"? Or do you object to "woman"? Or maybe you object to both.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2021, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Do you object to "black"? Or do you object to "woman"? Or maybe you object to both.
    It isn't for me to object, but it speaks to mentality. The last woman we have had in leadership has been a disaster, we haven't tried a "black" so can't comment other than by observation, their powers of organisation are lacking. There is too much focus on minority issues, both in your nation and in mine, it is like a virus that migrated across the pond, and it diverts attention from the real issues
    Expert

May 1, 2021, 08:55 PM
    It isn't for me to object, but it speaks to mentality. The last woman we have had in leadership has been a disaster, we haven't tried a "black" so can't comment other than by observation, their powers of organisation are lacking. There is too much focus on minority issues, both in your nation and in mine, it is like a virus that migrated across the pond, and it diverts attention from the real issues
    Yes that speaks volumes about YOUR mentality.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 2, 2021, 02:03 AM
    Why the Attitude Dude?
    Uber Member

May 2, 2021, 05:10 AM
    There is too much focus on minority issues, both in your nation and in mine...and it diverts attention from the real issues
    I would agree with that. It's not to say that minority issues are not "real issues", but to say that we cannot deal with those and exclude practically everything else.

As for blacks and women, I'd vote for Scott or Carson tomorrow, Thomas Sowell is the best economist I know of, and Margaret Thatcher was one of the three greatest leaders of the 20th century, so I have no desire to judge people by the group they might belong to.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2021, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    My mentality is the nation exists for all and should not be divided, not for blacks, not for women, not for homosexuals and fellow travellers and certainly not by politicians
    Uber Member

May 2, 2021, 07:31 AM
    My mentality is the nation exists for all and should not be divided, not for blacks, not for women, not for homosexuals and fellow travellers and certainly not by politicians
    Good advice.
    Expert

May 2, 2021, 11:34 AM
    Then you should be willing to act like it and address everybody equally don't you conservatives think so? That's not what your dismissive judgmental posts reflect, but a nice attempt to clean it up somewhat I suppose.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2021, 02:36 PM
    I dismiss individuals
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2021, 03:31 AM
    Democrat bigotry on full display

He was called an "Oreo" by a Texas Dem. An oreo is a slur that implies that like the Oreo cookie he is black on the outside but white inside.
    Texas Democrat Facing Calls to Resign after Calling Tim Scott an ‘Oreo’ (yahoo.com)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2021, 04:30 AM
    My favorite from Biden was when he pointed out that "poor kids" are just as bright as "white kids".
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2021, 05:00 AM
    Quid and the Dems have been calling America racists . Now that Scott called them out on it ,Quid and Harris have pivoted and now says America is not racists .
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2021, 05:05 AM
    Of course you are not racists, you shoot everyone alike, you imprison everyone alike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dream act candidates [ 1 Answers ]

My cousins age 20 and 17 got their work permits through the dream act passed in aug 2012. Question is their mom holds a green card can she file for them since they are un married and under 21? Also next question is once she files their I 130 they have to wait approx 3 years till their visa num is...

Get educated on the candidates [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. While at a party last night, a guest admitted that she was not educated on the candidates. She also said she wasn't even sure she was going to vote because she didn't know enough about either one. She admitted that she had not taken the time to get educated. I was shocked. It is...

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

The Candidates [ 17 Answers ]

Hello wingnuts: With Bush's approval ratings at 28%, why are the Republican candidates trying to out Bush each other? They all want to keep Gitmo open. None of them want gays to openly serve in the military, and they love the Iraq war. The base love's 'em, but that will never get them...

View more questions Search