Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:57 PM
    The. Gift. Of. God.
    It...does...not...say...the...Holy...Spirit. It...does...not...say...faith...is...the...subject .

This was your weak as water reply. "We are always on the prowl (lookout) for them to show them our love and, through that love, witness to them."

So I guess I need to be more specific. What happens to them if they die after rejecting and never accepting the Gospel? "It is appointed unto man once to die, and then the judgment."

What then?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It...does...not...say...the...Holy...Spirit. It...does...not...say...faith...is...the...subject .
    If you were a Bible scribe, heaven help us all! This is EXACTLY why the Scriptures have been mistranslated and misinterpreted.
    This was your weak as water reply. "We are always on the prowl (lookout) for them to show them our love and, through that love, witness to them."
    Try it.
    So I guess I need to be more specific. What happens to them if they die after rejecting and never accepting the Gospel? "It is appointed unto man once to die, and then the judgment."

What then?
    Not my call. You believe God will send to hell everyone except "true believers" (are we up to 1,000 yet?).
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 22, 2021, 05:55 PM
    Quotes:
    Waldo- Faith is not believe in a God of your own imagination.
    Athos-  Of course it is. Faith does not require real-world evidence outside of your imagination.
    Waldo- (Talking about faith)So what is it you want?
    Athos -FACTS are what is required here.
    Waldo- You mean "Facts" like "real-world evidence outside of your imagination"?
    Athos- Coherent facts. Not dream fantasies, imaginary beliefs.
    Waldo- You seem to be confused. Your previous statements don't jive.
    Athos- That's it I'm done talking.

Waldo- can you separate faith and logic?
    Athos- Sure. Faith is based on belief. Logic is based on reason. Faith is subjective. Logic is objective.
    Waldo- Part of the reason that we strive to separate faith and logic is that logic demands proof and evidence while faith sees something as a reality which is yet unseen. You might have a good grasp on Logic but you have no comprehension of what faith is.
    Waldo- Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses].
    Athos- With your exegesis in parens, you have managed to misconstrue the meaning. More like totally garbled it.
    Waldo- (Who? what? how? huh??? )
    Athos- Being convinced of a thing is proof?? Huh? Not in a million years.
    Waldo- You're thinking with your eyes.
    Athos- No, I think with my brain.
    Waldo- Talking about faith here.
    Athos-  I'm still waiting for your responses to proving God
    Waldo-  Here it is; GOD said it, I believe it.
    Athos- still waiting...is not logical, does not compute, does not compute...overload, overload (rissen friss frassin friss frass)

Athos- your Crazy
    Waldo- Do you think I'm Craaazy, crazaay...maybe I'm crazaay crazy just like youuuu! I love that Song.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 06:17 PM
    Not my call. You believe God will send to hell everyone except "true believers" (are we up to 1,000 yet?).
    I realize it is not your call, but you are certainly drawing conclusions in other areas based upon your understanding of scripture. What is your understanding of scripture here?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 06:38 PM
    What is your understanding of scripture here?
    What difference does it make? No matter what I say, I'll be wrong, according to you. Of course, I could parrot you and get a high-five from you.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Quotes:
    Waldo- Faith is not believe in a God of your own imagination.
    Athos- Of course it is. Faith does not require real-world evidence outside of your imagination.
    Waldo- (Talking about faith)So what is it you want?
    Athos -FACTS are what is required here.
    Waldo- You mean "Facts" like "real-world evidence outside of your imagination"?
    Athos- Coherent facts. Not dream fantasies, imaginary beliefs.
    Waldo- You seem to be confused. Your previous statements don't jive.
    Athos- That's it I'm done talking.

Waldo- can you separate faith and logic?
    Athos- Sure. Faith is based on belief. Logic is based on reason. Faith is subjective. Logic is objective.
    Waldo- Part of the reason that we strive to separate faith and logic is that logic demands proof and evidence while faith sees something as a reality which is yet unseen. You might have a good grasp on Logic but you have no comprehension of what faith is.
    Waldo- Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses].
    Athos- With your exegesis in parens, you have managed to misconstrue the meaning. More like totally garbled it.
    Waldo- (Who? what? how? huh??? )
    Athos- Being convinced of a thing is proof?? Huh? Not in a million years.
    Waldo- You're thinking with your eyes.
    Athos- No, I think with my brain.
    Waldo- Talking about faith here.
    Athos- I'm still waiting for your responses to proving God
    Waldo- Here it is; GOD said it, I believe it.
    Athos- still waiting...is not logical, does not compute, does not compute...overload, overload (rissen friss frassin friss frass)

Athos- your Crazy
    Waldo- Do you think I'm Craaazy, crazaay...maybe I'm crazaay crazy just like youuuu! I love that Song.
    Waltero - Very good, I'm impressed. I know it took time and effort for you to get all those quotes in a reasonable order and properly attributed. I realize it's c/p but still.............

Now, I stand by every single quote by me without qualification. Clear enough for you? It was unclear the reason you posted those. I assume you think they're in various stages of error, but maybe my assumption is incorrect.

In any case, if you object to any, just note which ones, tell me why, and I will be most happy to give you my reason(s). OK?
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 07:51 PM
    What difference does it make?
    A lot.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 08:33 PM
    A lot.
    Sooooo, you want me to say that everyone who doesn't believe like I do will endure an endless fiery hell.

Apr 22, 2021, 10:55 PM
    if you object to any, just note which ones, tell me why, and I will be most happy to give you my reason(s). OK?
    Fair enough.

Apr 22, 2021, 11:53 PM
    It's a Childlike faith.
    In the Video below, It would be very easy for either child to simply look outside the window and "see" the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaM9J2VHLf8

God and Faith:
    My Father told me something, there is no need for me to go "see" if it is true. He said it, I believe it. When God said he created the entire universe I believe him. SO when somebody comes up to me and says; prove it! I might simply say- what are you talking about, your standing on it. They would probably respond; your crazy- what are you talking about (spark of curiosity) Then I'd take it from there, if they chose to stick around (you'd be surprised how long people stick around). You might think it is "the wrong approach for Christians" to express their desire while attempting to "prove the existence of God." Maybe you could see it as a childlike faith? is that acceptable to you?

I liked how the boy slipped in there "your pretty." Strange how he said; You’re not real I’m real”
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2021, 12:07 AM
    It's a Childlike faith.
    If this is to me, it's not one of the posts from your #46.

To repeat: if you object to any, just note which ones, tell me why, and I will be most happy to give you my reason(s). OK?

I think you said Ok to this or something like that. If so, try again.

Apr 23, 2021, 12:13 AM
    This is where it all began.
    There is no proof for the existence of God
    "the wrong approach for Christians"
    Why: Because It looks as if you have some animosity towered such belief.

Sorry I thought it was obvious. I'm tired of searching through posts
    I don't know if it is one of the questions you prefer. If not you can disregard.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2021, 12:30 AM
    Why: Because It looks as if you have some animosity towered such belief.
    This is not one of the quotes you said you would give for questions. Do you understand what you agreed to? Do you want me to answer this one anyway?

Apr 23, 2021, 12:49 AM
    Sure
    Here it is:
    No, I think with my brain.
    Why; If I only had a brain.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2021, 12:52 AM
    Sure
    Here it is:

Your part is to tell me why you object to my saying I think with my brain. I originally bolded tat on purpose so you wouldn't forget.

Apr 23, 2021, 01:01 AM
    Sure
    Here it is:

Nah, I was just being silly. Tired, can't go into right now.
    Night
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2021, 04:48 AM
    Sooooo, you want me to say that everyone who doesn't believe like I do will endure an endless fiery hell.
    I want you to say what you believe. I was surprised you would agree that people do reject the Gospel. If you don't want to say what happens to those people once they die, then that's fine. Your choice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2021, 08:45 AM
    I want you to say what you believe. I was surprised you would agree that people do reject the Gospel. If you don't want to say what happens to those people once they die, then that's fine. Your choice.
    But if I say what I believe, you will cut me down to size and spit in my face as I fall to the ground.

God hasn't made me a celestial judge. He's even told us not to judge, lest we be judged ourselves. If someone rejects Him, that person is immediately destined for hell no matter what? And we, like God, can see into that person's heart and know him/her and why the rejection?
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2021, 09:33 AM
    But if I say what I believe, you will cut me down to size and spit in my face as I fall to the ground.
    Stop complaining and grossly exaggerating. Give and take is all part of discussion. I have actually applauded you WILDLY for your discovery that there are those who reject the Gospel.

God hasn't made me a celestial judge. He's even told us not to judge, lest we be judged ourselves. If someone rejects Him, that person is immediately destined for hell no matter what? And we, like God, can see into that person's heart and know him/her and why the rejection?
    I simply asked you what you believe the Bible teaches about those people. If you don't know, or don't want to answer, then that's fine. We can move on.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2021, 09:38 AM
    I simply asked you what you believe the Bible teaches about those people
    You demand others explain their beliefs while you never do so. You just provide Bible verses when asked to explain. Strikes me as a double standard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On faith [ 1 Answers ]

Properly understood, faith is the humble acknowledgment that we do not know everything about anything. Or, to put it more plainly, faith is a rational inference (or a “belief”), drawn from a long history of prior human experience, which dictates that there is always more for us to learn on any...

Have a little faith in me [ 6 Answers ]

We keep getting into fights! Last night kept escalating until we broke up and then Decided to salvage what we had! I am always depressed and I don't know why? I never have faith in the Fact that he cares (we are long distance) and I never seem to be able Just to "have fun." He doesn't know...

Faith [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and I hope that I can get answers to some questions that I have and hope that I can answer some for you.

Faith [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope? Please.

View more questions Search