Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2021, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You have a partial point. I did not connect a name with "complete loon", so that's pretty iffy. As to the others, they refer to someone's actions rather than calling names.
    See post #179. I wasn't finished before you replied. Pretty quick on the trigger, eh?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2021, 06:09 PM
    I looked. This was not explained.

Please do. You were, however, being deceptive in your mishandling of the text. If not, then explain why you provided the first half of the passage but not the second which clearly showed your point to be senseless. We earnestly await your explanation/admission. Perhaps it was simply a mistake?
    Bear in mind that I am referring there to the quote by Jesus you referred to concerning judgment and not to the Aquinas quote.

I've heard your Aquinas explanation many times. I don't accept it as there is no support out there anywhere for your idea.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2021, 08:26 PM
    I've heard your Aquinas explanation many times. I don't accept it as there is no support out there anywhere for your idea.
    By support, you mean of course the internet as "out there anywhere". I hardly think you are studying Aquinas from books in a structured setting. I have, and was taught by men who are scholars of the "Angelic Doctor". I'm aware of the propositions for which Thomas was condemned until much later when he was canonized as Saint Thomas Aquinas by the Catholic Church.

I care not a whit that you don't accept my explanation of Aquinas. You are like Doubting Thomas. Unless it is laid out for you in black and white, you dismiss whatever it may be. Remember that incident about the Navy you wouldn't believe? Well, I turned out to be right, didn't I? That one WAS on the internet and you couldn't find it. How much less would you ever find something by St. Thomas?
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2021, 09:02 PM
    Do I trust you? No. Your latest effort at partially presenting a quote, still unaddressed by you, helps to explain why. Asking me to just take your word for it as regards Aquinas won’t work.

Remember that incident about the Navy you wouldn't believe? Well, I turned out to be right, didn't I?
    What in the world are you talking about?

How much less would you ever find something by St. Thomas?
    I found the half of the Aquinas quote that you failed to include. Didn't take long. So that's how I would "ever find something by St. Thomas".
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2021, 10:06 PM
    "Most people" don't want to understand? Most people? But you are one of the privileged few? I would ask you to explain yourself but I know you won't.
    It can be found in the parable of the Prodigal son (I doubt you'll want to hear it). I'll wait till your in a better frame of mind, I can see your busy.
    it's about God sending people to hell who don't believe in Jesus.
    The Judgement of God, is not God sorting out the human race into a group that he likes that go to heaven and a group that he doesn't like that go to Hell.  By God's grace we don't get what our sins deserve.

But you are one of the privileged few?
    Only by the grace of God.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 08:22 AM
    Do I trust you? No. Your latest effort at partially presenting a quote, still unaddressed by you, helps to explain why. Asking me to just take your word for it as regards Aquinas won’t work.
    I never asked you to trust me. Nor have I ever asked you to take my word for Aquinas - or anything else for that matter.

What in the world are you talking about?
    Funny how you have a selective memory when it comes to issues where you have been found wrong.

I found the half of the Aquinas quote that you failed to include. Didn't take long. So that's how I would "ever find something by St. Thomas".
    Not everything is on the internet. As a self-proclaimed former "teacher", that should be very obvious to you.

Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    The Judgement of God, is not God sorting out the human race into a group that he likes that go to heaven and a group that he doesn't like that go to Hell.
    According to Jl's interpretation of the Bible, that us EXACTLY what God does! I thought you were also an evangelical. If I'm wrong about you, say whether you believe Jesus sends unbelievers to hell for eternal punishment.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 10:00 AM
    Funny how you have a selective memory when it comes to issues where you have been found wrong.
    Funny how you obviously have NO memory of it. Otherwise you would be specific.

Not everything is on the internet. As a self-proclaimed former "teacher", that should be very obvious to you.
    Yeah, but the evidence to show your plain deceit about the Aquinas quote was there.

According to Jl's interpretation of the Bible,
    I haven't interpreted the Bible. I've simply quoted it. You don't like what it says and it makes you angry about it.

You still have not explained your partial quote of this passage. It certainly looks as deceitful as the Aquinas incident. I'll post it again in case you simply forgot to explain.

It's very simple. In the first quote, Jesus is speaking in the present tense of his time on earth. He did not come then for judgement but rather for salvation. The second speaks of the coming day of judgement when He will judge.

In a gross truncation of a quote which reminds me of your Aquinas debacle, you intentionally misrepresented what He said. The entire quote very nicely answers your question. It is startling that you did not, I suppose, bother to read it for yourself.

"47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. (present tense JL)

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. (future tense JL)"
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 10:21 AM
    I still don't understand why you get so upset about what I believe. Earlier I asked, "Why is it you care about what I believe?" You replied, "Because your belief re hell is horrible and should never be taught to children (or anyone) as a condition of salvation."

As far as hell goes, I simply believe what Jesus said over and over and over again, so it would seem we must conclude that you believe his teaching of hell is horrible. OK. Fair enough, but I have never, and will never, teach anyone that a belief in hell is a condition of salvation, so I still don't really understand what gets you so wound up about it. Why do you care?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2021, 10:47 AM
    I have never, and will never, teach anyone that a belief in hell is a condition of salvation.
    What have you taught children about hell?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 10:52 AM
    I don't do much teaching of children in a Christian setting. If I did, I would feel a responsibility to teach them what Jesus said about hell.

Would you?
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 11:29 AM
    I have never, and will never, teach anyone that a belief in hell is a condition of salvation,
    When you say ( quoting Matthew) that unbelievers go to hell, you are making belief a condition of salvation.

so I still don't really understand what gets you so wound up about it. Why do you care?
    I oppose evil in all its forms.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 11:40 AM
    Funny how you obviously have NO memory of it. Otherwise you would be specific.
    I specifically referred to the Navy incident.

the evidence to show your plain deceit about the Aquinas quote was there.
    The evidence of the context of the quote was rejected by you. That's on you, not me.

You don't like what it says and it makes you angry about it.
    You keep saying I'm angry. Somehow, that works for you. The truth is I usually enjoy the chance to expose your bad ideas about almost every subject you get yourself involved in.

You still have not explained your partial quote of this passage.
    Already answered: here it is - For a guy who insists on being literal, I see that you provide context when it suits you. Will you now allow others to do the same?
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 11:46 AM
    When you say ( quoting Matthew) that unbelievers go to hell, you are making belief a condition of salvation.
    Belief in Christ, yes, but not in hell. And as I've said before, I simply posted what Jesus said. Your problem is with Him, and that's a bad situation to be in. "Unless you believe that I (Jesus) am He, you will die in your sins."

You keep saying I'm angry. Somehow, that works for you. The truth is I usually enjoy the chance to expose your bad ideas about almost every subject you get yourself involved in.
    Good luck. You're gonna need it.

I specifically referred to the Navy incident.
    There was no navy incident.

You still have not explained your partial quote of this passage.

Already answered: here it is - For a guy who insists on being literal, I see that you provide context when it suits you. Will you now allow others to do the same?
    A ridiculous reply in which you never say WHY you only posted half the statement and thus was deceitful. If that's your reply, then you're guilty as charged. Pleading "context" when you were the one who posted half the statement and thus had it OUT of context is ludicrous. We'll just call it Aquinas #2.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 11:51 AM
    Here is the disgraceful effort of yours. Your partial quote of the first passage was intentionally deceitful. At least it's out there for everyone to see now. Better to be "Holy Joe" than Deceitful Athos.

“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person.
    Right after that from Holy Joe, this:

from thence he shall come to judge the quick (living) and the dead.
    Does he or doesn't he? Only Joe knows for sure.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2021, 11:54 AM
    I don't do much teaching of children in a Christian setting. If I did, I would feel a responsibility to teach them what Jesus said about hell.
    I have never, and will never, teach anyone that a belief in hell is a condition of salvation
    What would you tell them?
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 11:57 AM
    Here is the disgraceful effort of yours.
    Hardly disgraceful. It reflects your methodology EXACTLY. If one is disgraceful, so is the other (yours).
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 12:08 PM
    Belief in Christ, yes, but not in hell.
    According to you, Christ sends unbelievers to hell. So, yes, belief in hell. You are now misinterpreting a misinterpretation.

Your problem is with Him, and that's a bad situation to be in. "Unless you believe that I (Jesus) am He, you will die in your sins."
    Your proclivity to threaten opposing views is typical of your "Christianity". Your need for this goes very deep and goes a long way to understanding your belief.

There was no navy incident.
    You were certainly all up in arms about it, denying what I said about USN reaction, which I proved with a link to the actual event. You refused to believe the evidence of your own eyes.

Aquinas .
    Aquinas is mild compared to your position on hell. In a very real sense, St. Thomas anticipated your belief by centuries.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 12:15 PM
    Hardly disgraceful. It reflects your methodology EXACTLY. If one is disgraceful, so is the other (yours).
    Except, of course, that I have posted your deceitful effort. You have nothing of mine to post, so your statement is just whining.

According to you, Christ sends unbelievers to hell. So, yes, belief in hell. You are now misinterpreting a misinterpretation.
    There is nothing "according to me". I've simply posted the words of Jesus.

You were certainly all up in arms about it, denying what I said about USN reaction, which I proved with a link to the actual event. You refused to believe the evidence of your own eyes.
    Yeah, right. Post the quotes and we can discuss it. Pretty sure you can't, but we'll see. But if you think I'll take your word for what happened, you are far away from reality.

Aquinas is mild compared to your position on hell.
    Your deceitfulness about Aquinas is, by far, the worst performance I've seen on this board. This was pretty bad as well.

It's very simple. In the first quote, Jesus is speaking in the present tense of his time on earth. He did not come then for judgement but rather for salvation. The second speaks of the coming day of judgement when He will judge.

In a gross truncation of a quote which reminds me of your Aquinas debacle, you intentionally misrepresented what He said. The entire quote very nicely answers your question. It is startling that you did not, I suppose, bother to read it for yourself.

"47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. (present tense JL)

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. (future tense JL)"
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2021, 01:41 PM
    Except, of course, that I have posted your deceitful effort. You have nothing of mine to post, so your statement is just whining.
    Your posting habits have been here for a long time - time enough for anyone to see what real deceit is like.

There is nothing "according to me". I've simply posted the words of Jesus.
    Are you now saying you DO NOT believe Jesus sends unbelievers to hell for eternal torture? If you don't believe it, then say so. Don't be afraid.

if you think I'll take your word for what happened, you are far away from reality.
    Not my word, your own memory.

Your deceitfulness about Aquinas is, by far, the worst performance I've seen
    Calm down. Surely your belief about Jesus sending sinners and unbelievers to eternal hell is far, far worse than anything your fevered brain can conjure up re Aquinas or anyone else.

I think I'll call your Jesus/hell message JESUS REDUX since you repeat it so often and are so fond of sending so many to eternal torture in God's secret torture chamber.

Come on, Jesus judges and then he doesn't judge. Which is it? I don't think you know.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2021, 03:16 PM
    Your posting habits have been here for a long time - time enough for anyone to see what real deceit is like.
    In other words, you don't have a clue about the supposed Navy story.

Are you now saying you DO NOT believe Jesus sends unbelievers to hell for eternal torture? If you don't believe it, then say so. Don't be afraid.
    I believe that what Jesus said is true. I would encourage you to do the same.

Come on, Jesus judges and then he doesn't judge. Which is it? I don't think you know.
    Oh stop lying for goodness sake. It's becoming embarrassing to have to watch. That's already been explained to you. Remember? Present tense, future tense? My fifth graders could have easily understood it and I'm sure you can as well.

I don't have a Jesus/hell message. I just quote what He said. You don't like it, and it drives you nuts.

I'll post this again for your benefit and for the benefit of those who want to see your deceit at work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this means it's really over? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 24. My boyfriend and I been together for almost 5 yrs. We live together. We have a three yr. old son together, he always treated me right and never cheated. When he was working he used to always stay home now that he lost his job he starts smoking weed everyday with his friends and doesn't pay...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

View more questions Search