Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:47 PM
    So you believe the Bible has remained EXACTLY as it was when holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost? (2 Peter 1:21)
    Now THAT is a great, great question. It is most almost certainly not EXACTLY as it was when written. Has it been twisted and mangled? There is no evidence of that. The evidence shows that the Bible has been changed largely in terms of spelling and grammar which basically amounts to nothing. The estimates I see is that the Bible is over 99% accurate and that no major doctrines of the Bible have been effected by whatever relatively minor changes have taken place.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    It will bring life. It has so much more 'meaning. It can be nothing other that the work of God.
    If it was at all the work of God, it would still remain the work of God.
    So over the millennia, there have been no mistranslations, misunderstandings of words and terms and cultural references as the Bible has been translated from Hebrew and Greek to the English versions (note: VERSIONS) we have now?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Earth to Athos. They were not my words.
    Duh. Yes, I know. That is my point!

even at that, why would you want my words when you have the words of Jesus?
    Answered above. Again: That would be true IF those were actually the words of Jesus. Some may be, some may not be. In any case, ALL those quotes are COPIES of what a writer put on paper (parchment?) 1700+ years ago. Jesus lived three centuries before that. That's why I want your words for your own belief.

If you don't accept what Jesus said,
    Please stop misquoting me. I never said I don't accept what Jesus said. I clearly said that what you read in the Bible (probably KJV in dated English) has been misinterpreted by you.

why would you want to know my views?
    Good question. I really don't - I already know them. I just want to see you own up to them without hiding behind the skirts of a book. (Bad metaphor, I know).

You haven't disputed a passage.
    How soon they forget!

Why would you want mine?
    To help you see the error of your ways. Putting things in your own words helps to understand what you're quoting from a book.

He is speaking of the trusting disposition of a little child.
    The question is - How have YOU become like a little child?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 22, 2021, 04:04 PM
    Let us say there has been variants imposed into the Bible. If that is so, God will honor them. Remember, it was never God's intent for Israel to have a King. And if you look at history man has always interpreted The bible incorrectly. It still works. 

P.S. Can I assume Athos is still going on about that 'Hell' thing?
    Man Alive, He really doesn't like Hell! Strange, for a fellow that doesn't believe Hell exists. But hey, let him have his fun while it lasts. @Athos, No worries Athos, you ain't a gonna end up in Hell. I have a feeling Jesus has better plan for you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 04:09 PM
    Let us say there has been variants imposed into the Bible. If that is so, God will honor them. Remember, it was never God's intent for Israel to have a King. And if you look at history man has always interpreted The bible incorrectly. It still works.
    Why do you think there are so many Christian denominations? Each has its own favorite beliefs somewhat different from the others' beliefs. Would you be comfortable in a Mormon church? a Lutheran church? (even different beliefs in those) a Catholic church? a Pentecostal church?
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:18 PM
    And if you look at history man has always interpreted The bible incorrectly.
    You're digging that ditch deeper and deeper. You'll never be able to crawl out of it.

It still works.
    As far as I know, no one here has denied that the Bible is a"good book". It's even called that as a title!

Can I assume Athos is still going on about that 'Hell' thing?
    Easy enough to find out, Waldo. Just read my posts. If you don't read, you'll never know.

He really doesn't like Hell!
    Do you like hell, walter? What is it you like?

Strange for a fellow that doesn't believe it exists.
    Why is it strange? Would you be silent if you discovered others were preaching to children that horrible eternal torture awaits them if they don't believe in Jesus? Describing that torture? Is that your idea of fun?

For once, how about answering the question? You have a tendency to run away when things get difficult for you.

Apr 22, 2021, 04:33 PM
    And if you look at history man has always interpreted The bible incorrectly.
    In the same sense that Jesus, Disciples Didn't know what he was talking about.
    Just read my posts. If you don't read, you'll never know.
    I honestly tried, I could not figure out what you were going on about. I sensed a Hellish overtone from what I did read.
    Do you like hell,
    Honestly, I Don't really think about it.
    You have a tendency to run away
    I've been here all day.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:45 PM
    You have a tendency to run away

I've been here all day.
    That's so funny. Athos is the one who disappears for days at a time. Strange, indeed.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:53 PM
    So over the millennia, there have been no mistranslations, misunderstandings of words and terms and cultural references as the Bible has been translated from Hebrew and Greek to the English versions (note: VERSIONS) we have now?
    Of course there have been, but it is just silly to speaking of "twisted and mangled". The two are worlds apart.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 05:01 PM
    I honestly tried, I could not figure out what you were going on about.
    If you're being honest, which I highly doubt, and you could not read what I wrote, then you've got a bigger problem than I thought. Anyone may disagree with WHAT I write, and some do, but they cannot complain HOW I write since my posts, like the others here, are coherent and properly constructed. Something that cannot be said for how YOU write.

Honestly, I Don't really think about it.
    Then why make an issue of it?

I've been here all day.
    That's not an answer, Waldo. Can you explain WHY you can't or won't answer that question?

That's so funny. Athos is the one who disappears for days at a time. Strange, indeed.
    You're full of merde, Jl. That's French for sh*t.

I seem to remember you disappearing for a month or so, n'est pas?
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 05:13 PM
    I seem to remember you disappearing for a month or so, n'est pas?
    Tell you what. I'll point out the next time you disappear so we can all note it. It won't be long. And if you are going to call Walter "Waldo", then please don't whine anymore about some imaginary episode of me calling you names. That is really muet.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 05:17 PM
    Tell you what. I'll point out the next time you disappear so we can all note it.
    We don't have lives and responsibilities? You disappear during the afternoons and on Sundays.

Apr 22, 2021, 05:48 PM
    you could not read what I wrote
    No, it's more like I could not look at it anymore. You can't seem to let it go. So I glanced over a few fragments and I could only guess what you were yammering about. 
    Then why make an issue of it?
    Huh? ya that was me.
    Can you explain WHY you can't or won't answer that question?
    hmm, what was the question? As far as I knew you were done.
    Not all that Strange. I have noticed- that's his MO. He's all too predictable really.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 07:20 PM
    Tell you what. I'll point out the next time you disappear so we can all note it. It won't be long. And if you are going to call Walter "Waldo", then please don't whine anymore about some imaginary episode of me calling you names. That is really muet.
    Tell you what - shove it where the sun don't shine. You didn't explain your month absence. Or was it longer than that? Waldo can speak for himself. He sure as hell doesn't need you to do it for him.

Your nastiness is hardly imaginary. Don't forget, you're on record here - permanent record. Ask not for whom the death knell tolls - it tolls for thee.

Muet? You got me there.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 07:26 PM
    So I glanced over a few fragments and I could only guess what you were yammering about.
    Ah, there's the problem. You guessed at what I wrote. You have a habit of inadvertently writing what you don't want anyone to know. Keep doing it. Your subconscious at work. It helps all of us to see into your soul.

hmm, what was the question?
    Here it is -

"Would you be silent if you discovered others were preaching to children that horrible eternal torture awaits them if they don't believe in Jesus? Describing that torture? Is that your idea of fun?"
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 07:50 PM
    Tell you what - shove it where the sun don't shine. You didn't explain your month absence. Or was it longer than that? Waldo can speak for himself. He sure as hell doesn't need you to do it for him.

Your nastiness is hardly imaginary. Don't forget, you're on record here - permanent record. Ask not for whom the death knell tolls - it tolls for thee.
    Oh calm down. The world has not come to an end, not even for Darth Vader. "Luke! You are on permanent record here, Luke. Permanent as in forever and ever and ever, and then even longer than that. Keep your light saber near you at all times, Luke, for the death star tolls for thee!"
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 08:04 PM
    Oh calm down. The world has not come to an end, not even for Darth Vader. "Luke! You are on permanent record here, Luke. Permanent as in forever and ever and ever, and then even longer than that. Keep your light saber near you at all times, Luke, for the death star tolls for thee!"
    Nice try, but weak. You just ain't got it.

Apr 22, 2021, 10:45 PM
    You guessed at what I wrote.
    You really have to drop it down a notch or two, your not thinking strait.
    What has gotten you so frazzled? I viewed a few scathing posts and I didn't look any further. I assumed you were referring to the Hell thingy.
    I P.S.st in one of my posts. I wasn't really expecting getting a response from you (as far as I knew, you were done talking to me).
    It turns out my hunch was right- you were making reference to the Hell thingy...why would I want to read any further. It was clear you were upset. You dislike it when Christians preach Hellfire and brimstone. I'm not a fan either.

Would you be silent if you discovered others were preaching to children that horrible eternal torture awaits them if they don't believe in Jesus?
    Ah, you've been to a Catholic School?
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 11:53 PM
    You really have to drop it down a notch or two, your not thinking strait.
    Rather than accuse me of not thinking straight, why don't you say exactly what it is? There's a word for what you are doing.

I viewed a few scathing posts and I didn't look any further
    Why do you bother at all if you won't read what I write? I'm feeding you so you can continue to play the troll. But you're starting to bore me. The lack of content, etc.

I assumed you were referring to the Hell thingy.
    Here you are making assumptions after just admitting you won't read the posts. ?????????????

you were making reference to the Hell thingy...why would I want to read any further.
    Because you're here on this website posting what you won't do? Why are you here then?

It was clear you were upset.
    interesting that you keep saying I am "upset" or "frazzled" or something else. You must be getting that from your partner in crime.

You dislike it when Christians preach Hellfire and brimstone.
    Gee, ya think?

I'm not a fan either.
    You could have fooled me.

Would you be silent if you discovered others were preaching to children that horrible eternal torture awaits them if they don't believe in Jesus?
    Ah, you've been to a Catholic School?
    What does THAT mean? As far as I know, Catholics believe in hell. Do you claim they don't?

More importantly, why didn't you answer the question?

Apr 23, 2021, 12:39 AM
    Why are you trying to drag me into your little spat with JL. I'm staying out of it.

Ah, you've been to a Catholic School? Didn't mean anything other than I find most people with this sort of frustration have come from a Catholic School.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this means it's really over? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 24. My boyfriend and I been together for almost 5 yrs. We live together. We have a three yr. old son together, he always treated me right and never cheated. When he was working he used to always stay home now that he lost his job he starts smoking weed everyday with his friends and doesn't pay...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

View more questions Search