Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 22, 2021, 12:26 PM
    Here you go Athos, I'll post the Topic once more.

What it means to believe God
    What have we Witnessed?

By reading and reflecting the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life- yes?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Here you go Athos, I'll post the Topic once more.
    Answered - Here's where -- post #s 42,44,49,52,58,56,59,64,67,70,72,74,76,79,118, and 120.

If you can't get what you're lookin for in all those posts, there's no hope for you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 12:59 PM
    What it means to believe IN God
    What have we witnessed?

By reading and reflecting ON the
    Scriptures, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life - yes?

WG replies: Simply reading and reflecting on the Scriptures isn't enough to be a witness. As we well know, our Old Adam is always very present to twist and mangle the words in the Bible. That's why I asked you to list your beliefs in 1, 2, 3 order snd state them in short, simple sentences.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 02:45 PM
    It's your death knell here, Jl, and you have only yourself to blame.
    Wow! That was really impressive. It has to be one of the best Darth Vader impressions I've ever seen. "Luke! Your post has disgraced you. It has become your death knell. Luke! Bewaarreee of the DEATH STAR."

On a serious note, when I post the words of Jesus, you can accept them, reject them, or whatever, but however you respond, your response is to Him and not to me. My post was entirely accurate.

Here are some others to ponder.

24 “Truly I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life.25 “Truly I tell you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment: 9 About sin, because they do not believe in me;

We don't accept it on our own--we can accept it only with the Holy Spirit's help. We ourselves, on our own, can only refuse it.
    Accept or refuse what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Accept or refuse what?
    I was responding to YOUR comment: "It's a glorious message to me, and it's a glorious message to anyone willing to accept it."

Remember, we can accept it only with the Holy Spirit's help.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 02:58 PM
    So you do agree that the message of the Gospel has to be accepted, and that some people reject it?

Apr 22, 2021, 02:58 PM
    As we well know, our Old Adam is always very present to twist and mangle the words in the Bible.
    True, myself included. I get it, your saying- the Bible can't be trusted.
    Sake of argument: (spiritual life)
    You say- God is the highest life- Man is the Center life- Bible is the lower life.
    If the spiritual faculty, whose proper work it is to give light, be itself diseased—if it discerns not singly but doubly, and therefore dimly—then the whole life also is shrouded in gloom. If that is the case with the higher life (man), what will be the state of the lower(Bible)! 

So we have
    God- Bible- Man,
    Mans life is the only life shrouded in darkness...If the light that is in man be darkness, the darkness how great will it be!”
    You must believe that God is in charge, he has provided us with his Word, fully intact and true. Man Cannot Corrupt Gods Word!
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:01 PM
    Besides, there is absolutely no reason to believe the words of the Bible have been "mangled". The evidence points very strongly in the other direction.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 03:09 PM
    So you do agree that the message of the Gospel has to be accepted, and that some people reject it?
    I agree that the Holy Spirit works faith in us and some people reject it.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:10 PM
    What happens to those who reject it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 03:15 PM
    True, myself included. I get it
    Noooooo! You DON'T get it! You always get your thoughts and then your sentences all tangled up. Keep it simple! Freud would call it "flight of ideas".

What happens to those who reject it?
    We are always on the prowl (lookout) for them to show them our love and, through that love, witness to them.

Apr 22, 2021, 03:16 PM
    Either you believe in the Bible or you don't. Why would anybody pretend to believe in something that was created by man?
    Well, yah know, God meant well by giving us this Book. But like always man Screws it up. Please. What God is it that you desire?
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:16 PM
    your saying- the Bible can't be trusted.
    That is precisely what she is saying. "twisted and mangled"

I still wonder what you believe happens to those who reject the Gospel message.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 03:23 PM
    That is precisely what she is saying. "twisted and mangled"
    I said, "our Old Adam is always very present to twist and mangle the words in the Bible."
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:26 PM
    Yes. The words of the Bible have been, in your view, twisted and mangled, and are thus unreliable. What other meaning can come from such a statement?

What happens to those who reject the Gospel?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:27 PM
    Wow! That was really impressive. It has to be one of the best Darth Vader impressions I've ever seen.
    Thank you. I do my best.

When I post the words of Jesus, you can accept them, reject them, or whatever, but however you respond, your response is to Him and not to me.
    That would be true IF those were actually the words of Jesus. Some may be, some may not be. In any case, ALL those quotes are COPIES of what a writer put on paper (parchment?) 1700+ years ago. Jesus lived three centuries before that.

My post was entirely accurate.
    Your post was grossly INaccurate. It was only to relieve yourself of the responsibility of answering in your own words. Your reliance on a book is robotic. When someone disputes a passage from a book, you don't tell the person to go argue with the author, you present your position in your own words.

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
    Do you think Jesus will send to hell those sinners who do not hear the call? Your own words, please.

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    How have you changed and become like a little child?

Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you.
    Mysterious words. Why will the Counselor not come if Jesus does not go away? Answer only if you can. No pressure. I don't expect you to unravel every mystery in the Gospels.

Apr 22, 2021, 03:28 PM
    I said, "our Old Adam is always very present to twist and mangle the words in the Bible."
    We heard you the first time. You have stated in the past "The bible (in itself) has been corrupted." So be it, no biggie. Believe what you will. You should know that the Bible is the Word of God. If you read it and believe in it, then it will spring to life in your mortal body. Hence the Living Word.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 03:31 PM
    It was only to relieve yourself of the responsibility of answering in your own words.
    Earth to Athos. They were not my words. But even at that, why would you want my words when you have the words of Jesus? If you don't accept what Jesus said, why would you want to know my views?

Your reliance on a book is robotic. When someone disputes a passage from a book, you don't tell the person to go argue with the author, you present your position in your own words.
    You haven't disputed a passage. You simply don't like them. It's not the same thing. Besides, do you really intend to argue with Jesus? Really?

Do you think Jesus will send to hell those sinners who do not hear the call? Your own words, please.
    It makes no difference what I think. You have the words of Christ. Why would you want mine?

How have you changed and become like a little child?
    He is speaking of the trusting disposition of a little child.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2021, 03:39 PM
    You have stated in the past "The bible (in itself) has been corrupted." So be it, no biggie. Believe what you will. You should know that the Bible is the Word of God. If you read it and believe in it, then it will spring to life in your mortal body.
    So you believe the Bible has remained EXACTLY as it was when holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost? (2 Peter 1:21)

Apr 22, 2021, 03:42 PM
    So you believe the Bible has remained EXACTLY as it was when holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost? (2 Peter 1:21)
    It will bring life. It has so much more 'meaning. It can be nothing other that the work of God.
    If it was at all the work of God, it would still remain the work of God. It's not a game of hide and seek.

holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost?
    It's not only when they spoke, it is their Walk there entire life that is in the Bible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this means it's really over? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 24. My boyfriend and I been together for almost 5 yrs. We live together. We have a three yr. old son together, he always treated me right and never cheated. When he was working he used to always stay home now that he lost his job he starts smoking weed everyday with his friends and doesn't pay...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

View more questions Search