Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Then what did you mean by this?

waltero said: Faith means believing God’s Word.
    WG replied: No, it doesn't. Try again.
    Our faith isn't in a book of words that has been mistranslated and misinterpreted and misunderstood. Our faith is in Jesus Christ. He said we are to love God and love one another.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 16, 2021, 07:13 PM
    Jesus IS the Word!
    And what Word is that?

Where do you think I am?
    I think you might be in the backyard (field at your Fathers house) With the Older Brother. Still waiting for the father to find you. Your Father found you, why don't you come into the house and Enjoy the party? Your younger brother found the Cross while in a pigsty...Father found (ran too) him while walking on the road.

Is Jesus body here with us, No. Is his Word here with us, Yes.
    What do you think you're doing when you speak of his Word as being Corrupted!?!
    The Word became Flesh...Literally!!! What else could it mean.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 07:29 PM
    And what Word is that?
    You already posted it:
    John 1:14 is one of the most important verses in the Bible. It reads: “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”

I think you might be in the backyard (field at your Fathers house) With the Older Brother. Still waiting for the father to find you. Your Father found you, why don't you come into the house and Enjoy the party? Your younger brother found the Cross while in a pigsty...Father found (ran too) him while walking on the road.
    How did you decide that?

What do you think you're doing when you speak of his Word as being Corrupted!?!
    The Word became Flesh...Literally!!! What else could it mean.
    The Bible (not the Word) has existed for millennia and has been mistranslated, misinterpreted, and misunderstood all that time. Why are there so many Christian denominations? Why are there so many Bible versions? Why are there so many variations in Christian beliefs?

Apr 16, 2021, 07:34 PM
    The Word is Jesus, Jesus is the Word (you said it). You can see Jesus throughout the Old Testament. "In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God.
    Jesus is the New Testament!

The Old Testament is the Word, The New Testament is the Flesh (if you will).

Both are Waiting For Jesus to come. The Israelites, of the OT are waiting for Jesus to come...We are waiting for Jesus to Return.
    The Future and the Past meet...the Word is here...both are waiting for Jesus.
    The Bible is Much more than Just a Book!!!

Apr 16, 2021, 07:50 PM
    How did you decide that?

I have never sought God. He found me.
    You said God found you. God Found the Older Brother as well. God Came out to meet (God found) Both his Son's.
    Yet we know which Son Sought after his Father.

Why are there so many Christian denominations? Why are there so many Bible versions? Why are there so many variations in Christian beliefs?
    I have  Four Different Translations Of the Bible. If I have a problem understanding, I might grab another translation, with the hope of gaining a better understanding. As Far as Different Beliefs/denominations, I guess it doesn't really matter. It all depends where you're at in Jesus ( For Abel, faith meant giving his best to God. For Enoch, it meant considering walking with God the most important thing in his life. And for Noah, it meant that he was concerned for the salvation of his household). If Food or Speaking in Tongues or Faith healers, In the name of the father...in the name of Jesus etc. Rest assured, there is a Church for you...Jesus has it all...it is all in Jesus.

I came to the Knowledge of Jesus through his Word...that Word, the Bible. 
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 09:05 PM
    You said God found you. God Found the Older Brother as well. God Came out to meet (God found) Both his Son's.
    Yet we know which Son Sought after his Father.
    Are you talking about the story of the prodigal son?
    I have Four Different Translations Of the Bible. If I have a problem understanding, I might grab another translation, with the hope of gaining a better understanding. As Far as Different Beliefs/denominations, I guess it doesn't really matter. It all depends where you're at in Jesus ( For Abel, faith meant giving his best to God. For Enoch, it meant considering walking with God the most important thing in his life. And for Noah, it meant that he was concerned for the salvation of his household). If Food or Speaking in Tongues or Faith healers, In the name of the father...in the name of Jesus etc. Rest assured, there is a Church for you...Jesus has it all...it is all in Jesus.

I came to the Knowledge of Jesus through his Word...that Word, the Bible.
    Now I understand.

Apr 17, 2021, 05:04 AM
    We need constantly to have our minds recalibrated by the Bible if our emotions are not to lead us astray. Jesus takes these emotional, disturbed, vacillating followers of his and turns them to the safeguard of Scripture. Now, is that not right?

“Make the Book live to me, O Lord. Show me yourself within your Word; show me myself, and show me my Savior, and make the Book live to me,” for Jesus’ sake. Amen.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2021, 09:30 AM
    We need constantly to have our minds recalibrated by the Bible if our emotions are not to lead us astray. Jesus takes these emotional, disturbed, vacillating followers of his and turns them to the safeguard of Scripture. Now, is that not right?
    How do we accomplish recalibrating our minds by the Bible? Emotions lead us astray how?

“Make the Book live to me, O Lord. Show me yourself within your Word; show me myself, and show me my Savior, and make the Book live to me,” for Jesus’ sake. Amen.
    "Live to me" means what? You use phasing that I've never heard before. I gather you do not live in the US, and belong to a fundamentalist Christian group (Pentecostal perhaps?)

Apr 17, 2021, 01:41 PM
    How do we accomplish recalibrating
    We need constantly to have our minds recalibrated by the Bible

The flesh (as in you and I) needs to die. Jesus takes these fleshly emotional, disturbed, vacillating followers of his and turns them to the safeguard of Scripture.

We are in Desperate need of the work of the Holy Spirit. As we Turn to the Bible, the Feebleness of our own minds, the waywardness of our own thoughts, so many things work against us. Not simply understanding what the Bible says but through the Scriptures, having a life changing encounter with God.

Make the Book live to me.-"Live to me" means what?
    The Bible is the very breath of the living God; being God’s breath, it is of life and can impart life to us.

I often repeat what I have posted before. Many articulate people here...I am not.
    If I come across as a know it all, it is not my intension. This is more for me. I am gaining a much better understanding, when I write it down. I go to many different Churches. Need to get as much praise and prayer in as Possible. If you Don't walk with God here on Earth, you wont be living with him in Heaven.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2021, 01:51 PM
    having a life changing encounter with God.
    I have when I was baptized. No doubts since then.
    If I come across as a know it all, it is not my intension.
    No, not as a know it all, but as someone who has been brainwashed by televangelists and Pentecostal preachers.
    If you Don't walk with God here on Earth, you wont be living with him in Heaven.
    "Walking with God" is not praise and prayer. It's something much different.

Apr 17, 2021, 02:00 PM
    I have always known the Bible was the literal word of God. When I was on this site a year ago, I read some posts, and it appeared to me that some (unbelievers) were refuting  the Bible. Declared, 'the Bible is Fallible.' Seeing some well educated people denounce the Written Word of God, Perplexed me. It raised some doubt in my mind. I then came to the realization that the Bible was all I have. It is what God placed in my hand, mind and heart. No way would I even begin to think that God would throw a monkey wrench into the mix. God is Perfectly capable of Preserving his Word, aka Bible. I made a conscious decision to believe (Faith) without doubt! And to hear from some crazy people, saying, God destroyed his First mistake...That is just looney!!! Well if that is the case, why shouldn't God Destroy it again? In fact he will...Fear and Tremble baby, it's a comin.

having a life changing encounter with God.-

I have when I was baptized. No doubts since then.
    Nothing while searching through the Scriptures?
    Your missing out.

brainwashed by televangelists and Pentecostal preachers.
    Do you mean, Brainwashed by the Bible. I'll take it.

What's a Televangelist? Would I be needing a TV for that? Maybe I could barrow yours ;-)

The Flesh is weak. Sounds like your feeding something that's supposed to die...Kill the TV (if it were only that easy)!
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2021, 02:59 PM
    Nothing while searching through the Scriptures?
    Your missing out.
    Like what? The blessing in my life were my parents, especially my father, plus I have always had Christians around me in my life to be sounding boards.
    What's a Televangelist? Would I be needing a TV for that? Maybe I could barrow yours ;-) The Flesh is weak. Sounds like your feeding something that's supposed to die...Kill the TV (if it were only that easy)!
    I don't watch TV, am too busy interacting with real people.
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith.
    How about John 13:34-35? That's my calling in life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2021, 03:21 PM
    God is non denominational. Religion is the construct of men. Humans are imperfect but they are trying their best...some of them at least.

Apr 17, 2021, 06:31 PM
    How about John 13:34-35? That's my calling in life.
    That is true. Feel free to pick up on any Scripture that moves you. Be careful when Lambasting the Word (Bible) of God.
    I am Truly Happy you found your Calling.

Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
    We are told to make Disciples, not Christians. A disciple is someone who is committed to a journey of learning, service and growth.
    I have much to learn...why do some Christians feel the need to burst my Bublé? You can try, it doesn't phase me. Although I do learn more here than elsewhere. I Simply Don't understand why Anybody would try and make a point of it..."A point", trying to prove error in the Word. Take what you believe and run with it. I'm sure you will gain a better understanding sooner or later.

God is non denominational. Religion is the construct of men. Humans are imperfect but they are trying their best...some of them at least.
    Humanity is headed for the Grave. There is nothing in, and of themselves that can stop that.

God, is not in the world; the world is in him. The existence of God cannot be demonstrated. For a God whose existence could be demonstrated wouldn’t be a God; he would just be another object in the field of human vision.

The Bible paints a picture. Believe, and you might get a glimpse of that picture. It takes Faith.

Apr 18, 2021, 09:46 AM
    By reading and reflecting the scripture, I can be a witness to Christ Jesus in my personal life- yes?
    No you can't

By accepting the Scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice...

I disagree with that
    And our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us to believe.

Where do you get that?
    The Scriptures of the Old & New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.

Not Possible
    What am I missing?

Are we missing anything?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 09:55 AM
    The Scriptures of the Old & New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.

What am I missing?
    We don't have the original writings.

Apr 18, 2021, 09:59 AM
    What am I missing?

We don't have the original writings...making it null and void!
    (Making it null and void)
    Correction: 'You' (Faith), don't have the original writings...apply Faith.

Jesus, declares that the Scriptures point to him.

Jesus says the whole Bible is about him. He is not asking us to hijack the text and force him into the pages of the Old Testament. Rather, he simply, humbly, and truthfully says in effect, “Look and see me there! No pressure necessary. You don’t have to read me into the text. Merely read the text and I emerge.” But even after we meet Jesus in the Bible and are converted, we are not finished with his book. Instead, our conversion marks the beginning of a lifetime of going deeper and deeper into the Word of God.

This holds true today as it did yesterday...Jesus said it (his word is true and everlasting)
    Or, simply continue using the Bible, in order to refute the Bible...be honest.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 11:03 AM
    We don't have the original writings...making it null and void!
    I did NOT say that the Bible is null and void!

For instance, in ancient cultures, male-male sexual interaction in the Bible involved age and/or power differential. The most abrupt change in Bible translations referring to same-sex behavior (using the word "homosexual") happened in the 1946 RSV.

Or, simply continue using the Bible, in order to refute the Bible...be honest.
    It's all or nothing for you, isn't it....too bad. God's love for us is bigger than all or nothing.

Apr 18, 2021, 11:07 AM
    I did NOT say that the Bible is null and void!
    That's what you've been saying all along!

Look at post #35

God's love for us is bigger than all or nothing.

It's ALL JESUS! There is no "us."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 11:14 AM
    That's what you've been saying all along!

Look at post #35
    I am not quoted or saying anything in #35. Those quotes are NOT from me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this means it's really over? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 24. My boyfriend and I been together for almost 5 yrs. We live together. We have a three yr. old son together, he always treated me right and never cheated. When he was working he used to always stay home now that he lost his job he starts smoking weed everyday with his friends and doesn't pay...

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

View more questions Search