Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2021, 09:46 PM
    The militaries prime purpose is to deliver deadly force
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...lues/100066796

It seems the Australia Defence Force needed to be reminded as some thought it had drifted too far to the left. Embracing popular culture is never a military strong point but when it comes to the point that you need to be told, well consider yourselves told. No stupid cartoon tattoos, no dancing at ship launchings. Now I would not have thought these things reflected Australian values, but I'm old school, like the only good enemy is a dead enemy
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 04:49 AM
    Understatement of the year. "'Standards in the ADF, and definitely when commissioning a ship, should be a little bit higher than that."
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2021, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Understatement of the year. "'Standards in the ADF, and definitely when commissioning a ship, should be a little bit higher than that."
    Yes it's back to marching bands
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 06:42 AM
    Thank goodness for that. I imagine some heads rolled over that deal.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2021, 10:53 AM
    Yes the military role is to kill and break things . Social experiments should not be in their resume . The more I read about Peter Dutton, the more I like him. Taking on China....taking on Twitter ....former cop and not a professional politician....hard line on illegal immigration . He even looks like someone to not screw around with
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2021, 11:23 AM
    Yeah a tough guy s a military leader is what you Aussies need.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2021, 03:29 PM
    No one said Dutton is a military leader, the guy who got tough is a former SAS soldier and now chief of the ADF, Dutton has been in the job five minutes. What Dutton is is a failed PM aspirant and scotty must be desperate to place him in the job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Volcanic ash more deadly when it is wet? [ 1 Answers ]

This is probably a silly question, so hang in there please. I was trying to theory-craft ways to lessen the danger of volcanoes that can spew ash, and I wondered what would happen to ash if it went through some sort of high-powered net of water to cool it. I saw somewhere that it becomes more...

Should we prime cedar shingles before we paint and if yes what should we useto prime [ 1 Answers ]

Should we prime cedar shingles before we paint and if so what should we use?

How can I deliver official invitation letters to the President and Prime minister . [ 0 Answers ]

There is going to be Opening Ceremony of a Grand Temple constructed by Gopi Nath Gaudiya Math in Puri. We would like to invite honourable President and Prime minister for this occasion and want to send official invitation letters by post / email and also deliver the same at their offices. How to do...

Water well pump won't prime I know but I can't get to prime [ 0 Answers ]

I know how to prime a water well pump but Icant get it to prime . How would I know if something wrong with the pump

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

View more questions Search