Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2021, 05:16 AM
    Well no wonder she can't hold a news conference or visit the border. Those book tours can be exhausting!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2021, 02:21 PM
    Does it mean anything that you dufus supporters lost the election and you no longer call the shots? Go ahead, cry all you want about the new guy, but get your own hankies.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2021, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Does it mean anything that you dufus supporters lost the election and you no longer call the shots? Go ahead, cry all you want about the new guy, but get your own hankies.
    there is a new guy, I think they call him the invisible man
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2021, 01:09 PM
    so everyone is praising the so called bipartisanship of the Quid team. Senators from both parties (called currently as the gang of ten ) did the ole sausage making thingy ;the give and take ,and concocted a bill that is not quite as expensive . Details ? Who cares !? Just make the bill big enough so that no one will read it .

Evidently some of Quid's wish list was removed from the bill .

How do we know that ? Well Quid did one of his senior moments that his staff was not prepared for . During the triumphant announcement ,Quid said that he would not sign the bill that the Senate passes unless there is a reconciliation .

“I expect that in the coming months this summer, before the fiscal year is over, that we will have voted on this bill, the infrastructure bill, as well as voted on the budget resolution. But if only one comes to me, this is the only one that comes to me, I’m not signing it. It’s in tandem,”

What it is is a classic bait and switch .Republicans who were part of the negotiations believed up to that moment that Quid would sign the infrastructure bill in July and the budget process would proceed . This was amazing in that the double cross took place at the announcement of the agreement instead of in secret meetings weeks after an agreement is reached . The White House has been trying to spin this since .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2021, 01:28 PM
    My take is repubs ain't calling all the shots and Joe intends to get what he wants. He did win didn't he? Yep and the dems are on notice too what Joe wants.

Go for it Joe!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2021, 01:39 PM
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2021, 10:25 PM
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2021, 01:49 AM
    the role of the opposition party for many years now has been to obstruct. The last time I can recall where the parties worked together was when Bubba and Newt worked together on various issues like budget , and welfare reform .
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2021, 02:01 AM
    More on Keystone XL . Was Quid's executive order stopping construction unconstitutional ? I think so ;and so do a number of interested parties who have filed suit . 23 states have joined the suit with Montana AG Austin Knudsen releasing a statement saying;

“The Constitution is clear that presidents do not have the power to regulate foreign and interstate commerce or to unilaterally undo an act of Congress. We will continue to fight to this federal overreach – along with the 22 other states – so that Montanans can benefit from the jobs, tax revenue, and enhanced energy independence the Keystone XL will bring to our communities.”
    Several exhaustive studies undertaken by the Obama State Department that concluded the Keystone XL pipeline would boost the U.S economy, create American jobs, and safely transport oil throughout the country without increasing greenhouse gas emissions. Despite not having the power to do so, Biden revoked the permit via executive order on his first day in office.

Two more states join AG Knudsen’s Keystone XL lawsuit against Biden administration - Montana Department of Justice (dojmt.gov)

The lawsuit was started by Knudsen and Texas AG Ken Paxton. The Canadian province of Saskatchewan also announced it would file an amicus brief in support of the lawsuit,
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2021, 05:28 AM
    self proclaimed Reupub moderates in the Senate like Rob Portman and Susan Collins and Bill Cassidy must really be feeling betrayed by Quid's bait and switch. Portman publicly praised the compromise because the compromise had no changes to the 2017 tax bill; and was solely core infrastructure priorities (not human infrastructure).He would not have made that public if Quid had not agreed to it.

Here was Quid's rhetoric during the negotiations (he spent many years in the Senate ) :

"You know, a lot of us go back a long way, where we're used to doing one thing: Give each other our word and that's the end," "Nobody questions it. They have my word, I'll stick with what they proposed, and they've given me their word as well. So, where I come from, that's good enough for me."

uh huh !

Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2021, 04:05 PM
    so what you are questioning is whether Biden is as good as his word?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2021, 06:59 PM
    Perhaps the question is whether Biden can even remember his word.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2021, 07:39 PM
    Or speak a coherent word

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infrastructure asset [ 1 Answers ]

What is an infrastructure asset

Explain the economic infrastructure,Social infrastructure and social capital [ 1 Answers ]

(In Economics) Explain the economic infrastructure,Social infrastructure and social capital.

B&w horror movie w big twins called Humpty & Dumpty [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I am trying to remember the title of a movie that I saw about 30 (ouch!) years ago. I was just a kid and it creeped me out. (Siblings were babysitting!) It was black and white and it was, I think, a murder mystery about a bunch of people being killed in a house. There were these big...

Obamas Infrastructure Project? [ 9 Answers ]

Just wondering if this is what he is talking about. YouTube - Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra

View more questions Search