Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2021, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    This is a bigger job than we though. Dragging fringers from the dufus arse and dragging them into the new century and all they do is kick and scream.
    Maybe we could get some opioids from Canada and dose those fringers to make them more relaxed and flexible.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2021, 06:10 PM
    No one who hasn't been there has any clue what's going on, what the problems are, what the needs are, right?
    If you want to lead, you need to do things the right way.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2021, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you want to lead, you need to do things the right way.
    The JL way.... Read Paraclete's comment.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2021, 06:23 PM
    The JL way.... Read Paraclete's comment.
    He should have read my comments before making his foolish post. No one suggested she do that at any time.

If you were put in charge of a library, would you bother to go there, check it out, talk to those in charge, find out the problems, get a sense of the real needs, and speak with the stakeholders, or would you use that internet thingie and just look on from a distance? You wouldn't need to look at every book anymore that she needs to look at every mile of border, but you would need to do more than sit miles away.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2021, 07:09 PM
    He should have read my comments before making his foolish post. No one suggested she do that at any time.

If you were put in charge of a library, would you bother to go there, check it out, talk to those in charge, find out the problems, get a sense of the real needs, and speak with the stakeholders, or would you use that internet thingie and just look on from a distance? You wouldn't need to look at every book anymore that she needs to look at every mile of border, but you would need to do more than sit miles away.

JL, I don't make foolish comments unless it is in answer to equally foolish ideas. Your problem is you are against any solution you didn't think of first. Politicians make inspections to be seen to make inspections, a photo op, nothing is served by this, and just maybe the lady is smart enough to realise that she is early enough in the electoral cycle not to need to do it to satisfy critics like you
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2021, 07:11 PM
    You just made one. Very foolish.
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2021, 07:13 PM
    what calling you a critic?
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2021, 07:16 PM
    No. In suggesting we send her down to look at 1900 miles of border. No one suggested any such thing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2021, 07:29 PM
    If you were put in charge of a library, would you bother to go there, check it out, talk to those in charge
    If I'm in charge of a library, why would I talk to "those in charge"? I'm sooooo confused by your weird description. Have you ever been to a public library?!
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2021, 07:34 PM
    Libraries don’t have department heads? They don't have trustees? Have YOU ever been in a library???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2021, 08:20 PM
    Libraries don’t have department heads? They don't have trusyees?
    Why didn't you use those terms the first time? Because of covid, I'd deal with them via phone and internet. Like Paraclete said, "Politicians make inspections to be seen to make inspections, a photo op, nothing is served by this, and just maybe the lady is smart enough to realise that she is early enough in the electoral cycle not to need to do it to satisfy critics like you"
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2021, 08:35 PM
    No. In suggesting we send her down to look at 1900 miles of border. No one suggested any such thing.
    Well maybe someone should make a real fact finding trip
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2021, 04:38 AM
    Why didn't you use those terms the first time?
    Because I'm dealing with someone who, I thought, knows how to think.
    Because of covid, I'd deal with them via phone and internet.
    So you expect all of them to show up to work, but not you? You would be fired on the spot. If I am appointed to be a new school principal, I would WANT to be there and WOULD be there.

Like Paraclete said, "Politicians make inspections to be seen to make inspections, a photo op, nothing is served by this, and just maybe the lady is smart enough to realise that she is early enough in the electoral cycle not to need to do it to satisfy critics like you"
    I suppose they do in Australia. Pols do what we demand of them.

Well maybe someone should make a real fact finding trip
    I agree. That someone should be KH.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 09:22 AM
    Like Paraclete said, "Politicians make inspections to be seen to make inspections, a photo op, nothing is served by this, and just maybe the lady is smart enough to realise that she is early enough in the electoral cycle not to need to do it to satisfy critics like you"
    I don't always agree with Paraclete, bit a good statement is worth repeating.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2021, 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the accolade Athos
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2021, 04:45 AM
    Harris is a no show .....at the border and at her job. She may be the classic VP waiting around for the boss to croak .
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2021, 04:52 AM
    Harris is a no show .....at the border and at her job. She may be the classic VP waiting around for the boss to croak .
    She was the classic VP politically motivated choice. A black, liberal, far-left female just checked all the boxes. Competence was not necessary.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2021, 05:09 AM
    Attachment 49337
    Attached Images

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2021, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Like Pence?

She was the classic VP politically motivated choice. A black, liberal, far-left female just checked all the boxes. Competence was not necessary.
    Like Pence?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2021, 05:15 AM
    VP Harris is selling her children's books to the government to distribute to the illegal minors being housed in Long Beach as part of a welcome packet ..
    Kamala Harris' book is included in welcome packs for unaccompanied migrant children | Daily Mail Online

What is her cut ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infrastructure asset [ 1 Answers ]

What is an infrastructure asset

Explain the economic infrastructure,Social infrastructure and social capital [ 1 Answers ]

(In Economics) Explain the economic infrastructure,Social infrastructure and social capital.

B&w horror movie w big twins called Humpty & Dumpty [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I am trying to remember the title of a movie that I saw about 30 (ouch!) years ago. I was just a kid and it creeped me out. (Siblings were babysitting!) It was black and white and it was, I think, a murder mystery about a bunch of people being killed in a house. There were these big...

Obamas Infrastructure Project? [ 9 Answers ]

Just wondering if this is what he is talking about. YouTube - Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra

View more questions Search