Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2021, 05:44 PM
    passing of the Duke of Edinburgh
    since no one else mentions this momentous event for the British people, I will. This signals the passing of an era, The Queen, long may she reign over us, cannot be expected to continue much longer. This means there will be much debate regarding succession, and Australian republicanism will rise again, no doubt led by Turncoat Turnbull, who, after being booted ignominiously from the climate change advisory role, will have nothing better to do than reprise his former advocacy for a republic
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2021, 06:59 PM
    Who will reign Randy Andy or Gnarly Charlie ?
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2021, 08:19 PM
    silly Willie, but not here. The republic was put on the backburner out of respect for Elizabeth, not respect for the monarchy, once she goes all factions will unite for change
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2021, 04:13 AM
    Time to take the world's richest welfare family off the public dole . The monarch should end with Elizabeth . None of her children or grandchildren are worthy , Long live the Aussie Republic .
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2021, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Who will reign Randy Andy or Gnarly Charlie ?
    Neither as the Queen, as Head of State, is still very much alive.
    Charles is next inline, but still on hold.
    He wont be there for long either way...
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2021, 06:45 AM
    It would be a terrible burden to take up in your seventies, it should skip a generation
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2021, 07:02 AM
    For those of us in the States, it's a little mysterious. It seems that the monarchy has become more of a follower than a leader anyway. It won't be too much longer before a prince marries a prince and everyone celebrates it. And I say that as a fan of the U.K. They have a marvelous history, but they are going astray at present as are we.

What we need are more Thatchers and Reagans.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2021, 02:41 PM
    Yes you need strong leadership as we all do
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2021, 02:55 PM
    While, technically, the Monarch holds ultimate power they are merely a titular Head of State, any real power is held by the Government and Civil Service.
    They do serve a real purpose in upholding traditions and bringing many millions of tourist dollars, far more than they are paid from the Privy purse.
    They also hold generate alot of their own funds through various activities and land holdings.
    At last count it cost around £1 per person per year in the UK.
    There are far larger scroungers and tax dodgers in this world that would be well placed to pay their collective dues, but I guess the more you have the less you pay...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good Edinburgh venue for 22nd Birthday? [ 0 Answers ]

Its my 22nd birthday at the end of July, I live in Edinburgh and am looking for a bar / club / somewhere to be the venue for most of the party. There is unlikely to be more than 25 guests. I'm female, drink, enjoy a wide variety of music, a lot of my friends are students so have limited funds.

Duke, Duke, Duke of Rape, Rape, Rape [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I offer two facts and one supposition for your consideration: 1) the tenth convicted rapist from Dallas County, Texas has been found to be innocent due to DNA. 2) the District Attorney in the Duke Rape case ran into alleged rapists who COULD defend themselves, and the case was a house...

View more questions Search