Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 8, 2021, 06:04 AM
    Getting data from external sheets
    I am trying to get totals from various closed spreadsheets and collate on to a separate spreadsheet. I am using the vlookup function below:

=VLOOKUP(A1,'C:\Users\Colin\Documents\Book1.xlsx]Sheet1'!$B$1:$C$19,2)

So cell A1 contains the word Total, I want to look in cell B1:C19 for this word in several external closed spreadsheets.

I want to replace the Book1.xlsx with a variable.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers

Colin

Check out some similar questions!

Linking of Excel sheets and updating the data from one sheet to all the sheets [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have a problem. I want all of your help in solving the problem. For the purpose, I have created a sample sheet and enclosed: The sample sheet contains four worksheets in it. The first worksheet titled “schools performance” is the master sheet and all the next three work sheets (sub...

Modulation of data in excel spread sheets [ 0 Answers ]

Dear members, I have attached an excel sheet named “Ask me model table” for reference: 1) In the attached table, I have presented the trade data of 10 specific shares for a day, as on 19.11.2012. 2) The table has four sheets. 3) In sheet no.1 named basic data, based on the HIGH, LOW values of...

Summarize data conditionally across 3 sheets in .xls [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a file with 3 sheets. The layout is similar, but each of the sheets can have different rows / common rows. Pl see attachment.. The 3 sheets are A,B,C and contain cost center information and monthwise numbers. While the columns are the same, the cost centers are not identical across...

How to retrive all related data from different sheets according to the user's input? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I want to connect two different excel sheet in the manner as follows: Consider I'm using sheet1 with fields like prod_id & prod_name with their data (1,2,3,4,5) and (a,b,c,d,e) respectively. Now if I enter the prod_id as 3 in sheet2, then I need all the other fields related to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.