Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 01:52 PM
    the results are in .....sorta
    The DC Medical Examiner Dr. Francisco Diaz, released the following causes of deaths for those who died January 6 during the Capitol riot.

Ashlie Babbitt died from a gunshot wound from an unidentified Capitol Police officer who shot her at point blank range as she tried to climb into the Capitol through a window.

Kevin Greeson died of natural causes caused by cardiovascular disease .

Benjamin Phillips same

Roseanne Boyland died of accidental overdose of amphetamines.

Yahoo added needless editorial about each of these pointing out their support for Trump ,QAnon etc in their reporting

The one case not answered is the cause of death of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick . Results usually come within 90 days . But his case is still allegedly under investigation . Two men have been charged with spraying him with chemical irritants but not with any homicide charges .

Sicknick was a hero and I do not begrudge the hero treatment he received with the honor of lying in state in the Capitol Rotunda ..... just as Office Billy Evans ,who recently died due to being rammed by a car driven by Noah Green ,a follower of Louis Farrakhan .

And I am definitively not saying that since he listens to Farrakhan and his extreme rhetoric that Farrakhan is responsible for Noah ramming his car into the Capitol barrier .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    And I am definitively not saying that since he listens to Farrakhan and his extreme rhetoric that Farrakhan is responsible for Noah ramming his car into the Capitol barrier .
    The instigator of the Jan 6 insurrection was former president Trump - there can be no doubt regardless of causes of death. Watch the videos. If you still think Trump is blameless, it's like swallowing a camel and straining at a gnat. (I thought you would appreciate the biblical reference).
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 06:02 PM
    Trump was an enabler, a demigod, and inciter, but did he plan it? No someone else planned what happen that day and I doubt they have been found. Do you really think that Trump believed he could over throw the will of the people, no, he believed he embodied the will of the people
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2021, 06:19 PM
    To say that Trump instigated the 1/6 riot is really a stretch.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    To say that Trump instigated the 1/6 riot is really a stretch.
    Watch the videos. It's perfectly clear. You have been defending Trump for years, so your opinion re Trump is essentially worthless.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Trump was an enabler, a demigod, and inciter, but did he plan it?
    Of course, he planned it.

You're thinking of sitting down at a table with compadres and working out details, etc. That's not how it worked. Trump, for months, predicted a rigged election, stirring up his followers.

On the day of the certification, Trump inflamed the mob with his rhetoric, and even said, “I’ll be there with you,” sending supporters into a frenzy. “We’re never going to take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.” "I'm going to walk down to the Capitol with you" - being a coward, he never took that walk.

He went back to the WH and gleefully watched the insurrection, not lifting a finger to stop it as he had taken an oath to do.

Do you really think that Trump believed he could over throw the will of the people
    As hard as it is to believe, that is exactly what Trump thought. Just take the time to research and read and watch the stories about him. Trump was and is a sociopath. He has been one most of his life.

he believed he embodied the will of the people
    I wouldn't argue that. The core of his support was the white evangelical crowd. They remain his core to this day, even after all that has happened.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

I wouldn't argue that. The core of his support was the white evangelical crowd. They remain his core to this day, even after all that has happened.
    Yes his support had a core but was the disenfranchised, the neglected, the ignored and they may not be the majority, but their voice was heard and trump was their champion and the left hated this, he stole their supposed support base
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2021, 10:51 PM
    Yes his support had a core but was the disenfranchised, the neglected, the ignored and they may not be the majority, but their voice was heard and trump was their champion
    That was the common wisdom, but it turned out to be wrong. The mob was made up of all walks of life including doctors and teachers and even policemen. That is generally accepted today. I will look for the study on this and post it to you.

The most common sub-group was, as I mentioned, white evangelicals. The theory behind this is various, primarily being the group's understood position of Trump on abortion. Misunderstood position, in point of fact.

Trump was pro-abortion until he realized the value of being anti-abortion among the evangelical electorate. Even here at AMHD, abortion has been offered as the main reason to vote for Trump, overlooking his deplorable ethical behavior and non-position on most other issues.

the left hated this, he stole their supposed support base
    It's true the left hated Trump, but not for that reason. White evangelicals were certainly not the support base of the left - far from it.

The left supporters were, and are, the working class, the middle class and the upper middle. Outside of class, the ethnic groups tend toward the left as do the well-educated. Not every single individual in every single case, but substantially.

The poverty extremes (disenfranchised and neglected) seem to be divided equally among the political spectrum - hoping for help from either side. The wealthy of course are almost universally in the pocket of the right - exceptions here, also.

I am not offering the above as gospel truth. It is simply my considered opinion.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2021, 04:08 AM
    The problem with the opinion that Trump instigated the riot conflicts with this sentence by Trump during the rally

“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

The only question to ask was why were all the agencies tasked to protecting the Capitol ,during a joint session of Congress ,so ill prepared to confront the rioters when it is know through closely monitored social media sites that the riot was planned for weeks in advance ?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2021, 04:26 AM
    The only question to ask was why were all the agencies tasked to protecting the Capitol ,during a joint session of Congress ,so ill prepared to confront the rioters when it is know through closely monitored social media sites that the riot was planned for weeks in advance ?
    Exactly. If you want to hold someone responsible, look to Pelosi.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2021, 09:21 AM
    The problem with the opinion that Trump instigated the riot conflicts with this sentence by Trump during the rally

“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
    This sentence has been offered by the right to exonerate Trump since Trump says "peacefully". It's a ridiculous claim.

For months, Trump was calling the election rigged if he lost. From the election to the certification, and on January 6, Trump incited the mob directly. Toward the very end of his harangue suggesting the mob go to the Capitol to REVERSE the election, he added this single sentence about peace. What a joke! One sentence against months and months and speeches urging going en masse to the Capitol and you just dismiss everything Trump said and did except for this lame sentence. It won't fly, Tom.

That's an EXCELLENT question. Something is rotten in Denmark. Let's start with Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn, brother of disgraced Mike Flynn, who delayed responding because of "it would look bad". It was an incredible fiasco all around, and I can only hope it's still being investigated.

Exactly. If you want to hold someone responsible, look to Pelosi.
    This is about the dumbest response I've yet to see.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2021, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    One sentence against months and months and speeches urging going en masse to the Capitol
    And where was rabble-rousing Trump when the rebellious masses broke into the Capitol?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2021, 09:55 AM
    suggesting the mob go to the Capitol to REVERSE the election
    You got a quote for that?

This is about the dumbest response I've yet to see.
    Guess who is in charge of the Capitol Police and Capitol security?
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2021, 10:21 AM
    You got a quote for that?
    Geez - where have you been since Jan6?

Guess who is in charge of the Capitol Police and Capitol security?
    Guess who started this BS about Pelosi? The usual suspects - Devin Nunes, McConnell, Graham, etc., etc., etc. None of any of this nonsense charging Pelosi to be responsible has been corroborated. But that never bothers you - you just repeat it anyway. And yet, you're always looking for quotes to corroborate what you don't like. Get a life.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2021, 10:31 AM
    The former chief of U.S. Capitol Police says security officials at the House and Senate rebuffed his early requests to call in the National Guard ahead of a demonstration in support of President Trump that turned into a deadly attack on Congress.
    Former chief Steven Sund -- who resigned his post last week after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down -- made the assertions in an interview with The Washington Post published Sunday.
    Sund contradicts claims made by officials after Wednesday's assault on Capitol Hill. Sund's superiors said previously that the National Guard and other additional security support could have been provided, but no one at the Capitol requested it.
    Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser also wanted a light police presence at the Capitol. She reportedly wanted to avoid a similar scenario as last summer, when federal forces responded to demonstrators opposed to police abuses who assembled near the White House.

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots : Capitol Insurrection Updates : NPR

Why is the name of the officer who shot Babbitt being withheld ? Why have we not learned yet the TRUE cause of Officer Sicknick's death ?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2021, 10:40 AM
    Geez - where have you been since Jan6?
    Guess that means "no".

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down
    Sounds kind of like she was his supervisor, doesn't it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2021, 10:48 AM
    Yes his support had a core but was the disenfranchised, the neglected, the ignored
    All those white guys who trashed the Capitol on January 6 were disenfranchised, neglected, and ignored?
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2021, 11:11 AM
    Why is the name of the officer who shot Babbitt being withheld ? Why have we not learned yet the TRUE cause of Officer Sicknick's death ?
    Probably to protect him from the wackos.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2021, 02:12 PM
    that doesn't prevent them from releasing the name of other officers involved in controversial shootings
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2021, 02:19 PM
    that doesn't prevent them from releasing the name of other officers involved in controversial shootings
    True enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lab results [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it usually take to get lab results for an EtG test

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

Court ordered drug test, results to be sent to court, can person also get results? [ 1 Answers ]

Father of 15 month old court ordered to take hair follicle test.. Results to be faxed to person in juvenile court. Can anyone else get results before the next court hearing? Also, the test was taken 23 days ago and so far no results yet.. Why would it take so long?

Hooking up with random guys while in kinda-sorta long distance relationship. [ 20 Answers ]

Hi: I met a guy online, he lives about 5 hours away from me. We have become very close talking on the phone nearly every day. I have stressed to him how much I would like to meet, and seeing as we live within driving distance, I'm a bit sad that it's been nearly 4 months and we haven't met. He...

View more questions Search