Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2021, 09:29 AM
    Augustus Toplady puts it masterfully, doesn’t he?

Nothing in my hand I bring,
    And simply to your cross I cling;
    And naked, come to you for dress;
    And helpless, come to you for rest;
    And I, the foul one, to your fountain fly;
    I want you to wash me, Jesus, or I’ll die.

What does God do with the rest of humanity - the billions not chosen?
    Is this your hang up? I don't think he's going to throw a party for them, if that's what you mean.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 29, 2021, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post

Nothing in my hand I bring,
    And simply to your cross I cling;
    And naked, come to you for dress;
    And helpless, come to you for rest;
    And I, the foul one, to your fountain fly;
    I want you to wash me, Jesus, or I’ll die.[18]
    But if Jesus didn't choose Augustus Toplady to be saved, what will happen to him?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2021, 09:35 AM

You're off your meds again, aren't you? Try and stick to the topic.

Apr 29, 2021, 09:49 AM
    But if Jesus didn't choose Augustus Toplady to be saved, what will happen to him?
    When Jesus said, "Few there are who find it" he is not talking about God’s way, for God wants everyone to find it and walk it. Rather Jesus is stating the choice mankind makes. Few follow God’s plan, many reject it.

Your asking the Wrong Questions. What path are you following?
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2021, 09:55 AM
    Your asking the Wrong Questions.
    Oh God, what could be more evasive then changing the question? You are some piece of work, W.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 29, 2021, 09:59 AM
    When Jesus said, "Few there are who find it" he is not talking about God’s way, for God wants everyone to find it and walk it. Rather Jesus is stating the choice mankind makes. Few follow God’s plan, many reject it.

Your asking the Wrong Questions. What path are you following?
    You said in post #61, "The Word of God is clear: believers are those whom God chose for salvation from before the beginning." What if God didn't choose Augustus Toplady -- or me -- or you?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2021, 10:02 AM
    Hell (Gehenna - the Valley of Hinnom, a place near Jerusalem where children were sacrificed to Baal) was a horror that the people of Jesus' time understood. If Jesus were physically here with us today in 2021, what meaningful-to-us reference would he use to describe a modern place of pain and suffering?
    So what's your point? Are you really suggesting that "hell" to Jesus was just a reference to a garbage dump?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 29, 2021, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So what's your point? Are you really suggesting that "hell" to Jesus was just a reference to a garbage dump?
    Did you read what I had posted?:
    Hell (Gehenna - the Valley of Hinnom, a place near Jerusalem where children were sacrificed to Baal) was a horror that the people of Jesus' time understood. If Jesus were physically here with us today in 2021, what meaningful-to-us reference would he use to describe a modern place of pain and suffering?

Apr 29, 2021, 10:12 AM
    I also said this: We must first define what salvation means as it pertains to eternity.
    In response to this:
    That has nothing to do with what I said. They lived long before the Bible was even thought of, or, if it had been written, had no knowledge of it.
    Giving you this:
    believers are those whom God chose for salvation from before the beginning
    You can't get passed the Hell factor. You hear nothing because you don't want to believe that an all loving God would punish the ones that you love. Is their blood on your hands?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2021, 10:13 AM
    Did you read what I had posted?:

I did. Did you read my question? "So what's your point? Are you really suggesting that "hell" to Jesus was just a reference to a garbage dump?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 29, 2021, 10:18 AM
    I did. Did you read my question? "So what's your point? Are you really suggesting that "hell" to Jesus was just a reference to a garbage dump?"
    It was very symbolic, a place of pain and suffering (N.B. bolded words). Is hell a real place? What would be comparable for us in the 21st century?

Apr 29, 2021, 10:22 AM
    Did you read my question?
    We already know the answer to that. They Have no understanding because they are focused on the path that leads to destruction. If they only did an about-face! It's not a gospel of hell but a gospel of Heaven.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2021, 10:31 AM
    We already know the answer to that. They Have no understanding because they are focused on the path that leads to destruction. If they only did an about-face! It's not a gospel of hell but a gospel of Heaven.
    Answer the question, waldo. The board is watching and waiting.

Apr 29, 2021, 10:36 AM
    Answer the question, waldo. The board is watching and waiting.
    It doesn't matter (already answered) your response will be the same...same as it ever was.
    [what about those who don't believe. What about Hell. What about me, you and a dog named Blue.]
    When it comes to Hell, I don't have an answer for you. If you are questioning my Salvation, I refer you to Jesus, ask the Bible.

The Word of God is clear: believers are those whom God chose for salvation from before the beginning.
    Perhaps understanding the exclusivity of salvation together with the doctrine of election may help
    understand why this is not an 'unfair' doctrine.

The idea that God does what He wants, and that what He does is true and right because He does it, is foundational to our understanding of everything in Scripture.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2021, 10:40 AM
    It was very symbolic, a place of pain and suffering (N.B. bolded words). Is hell a real place? What would be comparable for us in the 21st century?
    Jesus certainly considered hell to be a real place.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 29, 2021, 10:44 AM
    Jesus certainly considered hell to be a real place.
    It was a terrific illustrative device for making His point, wasn't it!
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2021, 10:48 AM
    When it comes to Hell, I don't have an answer for you.
    Thank you, Waltero. I appreciate an honest answer like you have given here. Until next time, go in peace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name. [ 1 Answers ]

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name.

View more questions Search