Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 27, 2021, 10:39 PM
    I asked, is there only one WAY
    All mankind can be saved from the wrath of God by the love of God, but only on very narrow terms: "one sacrifice for sin". Nothing else will do (Hebrews 10:12,14).

The "way of salvation" is open to anyone, but it is the only way, and irrevocably laid down by God in law. It isn't subject to negotiation, or a matter in which one has a number of options. You either comply with this law and obtain "salvation", or else you remain "lost".
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2021, 08:37 AM
    The "way of salvation" is open to anyone, but it is the only way, and irrevocably laid down by God in law. It isn't subject to negotiation, or a matter in which one has a number of options. You either comply with this law and obtain "salvation", or else you remain "lost".
    Well said. Now get ready for all of the "bible bingo", "cherry-picking", and "You want to see the people you hate in hell," comments.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    You either comply with this law and obtain "salvation", or else you remain "lost".
    Law? No, it's Love -- Love beyond measure.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 08:47 AM
    Only Christians can be saved?

Apr 28, 2021, 09:17 AM
    Yes, God is exclusive as to how people can be saved; there is only one way back to God as there is only one way sin can be dealt with.

But, no; the fact that there is one way does not mean God is showing favouritism or elisitism, because God is universal in his offering of that salvation to all people through the good news of the gospel.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 09:22 AM
    Yes, God is exclusive as to how people can be saved; there is only one way back to God as there is only one way sin can be dealt with.

But, no; the fact that there is one way does not mean God is showing favouritism or elisitism, because God is universal in his offering of that salvation to all people through the good news of the gospel.
    All those billions of people who never heard the Gospel, what about them?
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2021, 12:55 PM
    since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
    21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
    And they gave God names, such as Zeus, Brahma and Vishnu, the Great Spirit, Jehovah Elohim, Xwede, Bhagavan, Huitzilopochtli, Inti, and Akai Purakh.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2021, 01:12 PM
    21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened...and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

"There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved- and there is salvation in no one else."

Believe the Bible or believe you. Pretty straightforward choice.

Apr 28, 2021, 01:19 PM
    Is this really of your concern?

Paul explains to the church leaders from Ephesus that he considers himself "innocent of the blood of all men"(Acts 20:16) because he has faithfully explained the gospel to every person he could.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 01:26 PM
    Yes! And what Paul said to excuse himself ftom blame has nothing to do with my question.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2021, 01:27 PM
    21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

This has nothing to do with WG's question. It is from Paul's letter to the Romans which you have cherry-picked to take it entirely out of context. Liar, liar, pants on fire!

WHAT A FRAUD YOU ARE!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 01:29 PM
    21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened...and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

"There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved- and there is salvation in no one else."

Believe the Bible or believe you. Pretty straightforward choice.
    That has nothing to do with what I said. They lived long before the Bible was even thought of, or, if it had been written, had no knowledge of it. They simply looked at the wonders of nature and the world around them, and realized that a power beyond their ken had been at work and was still at work in their lives.
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2021, 01:29 PM
    Of course, it is. Isn't it your concern? Do you just ignore all those billions to rot in hell? Hardly very Christ-like.

Apr 28, 2021, 01:58 PM
    What about them? Are you worried they will be lost forever? It's not for you to decide.

Perhaps understanding the exclusivity of salvation together with the doctrine of election may help
    us understand why this is not our concern.

They lived long before the Bible was even thought of
    Where do you get this stuff?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 02:02 PM
    What about them? Are you worried they will be lost forever?
    Am I worried? Aren't you?
    Perhaps understanding the exclusivity of salvation together with the doctrine of election may help
    us understand why this is not our concern.
    Exclusivity? Doctrine of election? Sounds like a very private club.

Apr 28, 2021, 02:11 PM
    Exclusivity? Doctrine of election? Sounds like a very private club.

Am I worried? Aren't you?
    Should I be?

Needless worry. It is irrelevant to this discussion.
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2021, 02:16 PM
    God is universal in his offering of that salvation to all people through the good news of the gospel
    What about the people who never heard the gospel?
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2021, 02:21 PM
    This has nothing to do with WG's question. It is from Paul's letter to the Romans which you have cherry-picked to take it entirely out of context. Liar, liar, pants on fire!

WHAT A FRAUD YOU ARE!
    First I had to laugh at all the drama. "Liar, liar pants on fire!" Is this a second grade classroom?

You must not have read her question. It's the same one you just asked, and it certainly addresses it as well as her follow up about Zeus, etc.

Truth is, you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now you are desperate for everyone else to be as guilty as you are. Good luck with that.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2021, 02:30 PM
    God is universal in his offering of that salvation to all people through the good news of the gospel.
    What about the people who lived before the Bible was written and who never knew of God and His offering of salvation?
    Needless worry. It is irrelevant to this discussion.
    They're going to an eternal, fiery hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    This ... is from Paul's letter to the Romans which you have cherry-picked to take it entirely out of context.
    I agree. This passage has nothing to do with the current topic of conversation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name. [ 1 Answers ]

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name.

View more questions Search