Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2021, 09:05 AM
    GFCI tripping question
    Sometimes when I pull the chain to turn off the ceiling fan in the kitchen it will immediately cause the GFCI outlet near the kitchen sink to trip. I'm wondering what in the world is causing my ceiling fan on/off chain to do this.
    Is it a lose wire at the ceiling fan? A bad GFCI?

Thanks for your help.

Harkplumb
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2021, 02:42 PM
    Could be as simple as a loose fan wire, or another appliance on the same circuit creating a short or overload. Could even be the GFCI itself. Added anything new lately on that line?

How handy and comfortable are you around electricity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New GFCI Keeps tripping [ 9 Answers ]

I have just installed a new Siemens single pole 20A GCFC to wire my basement workshop. The receptacles are wired correctly and checked with a special tester. I run my bench grinder and it does not trip.. I plug in my radio (it's OFF) and the GCFI trips, I hook up a light and it trips... I hook...

GFCI breaker tripping (hot tub) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've read the other posts on this topic but wanted to ask for my specific situation. I wired this spa myself and it has worked well for over a year with only a few incidences of tripping here and there. Now I can't get the breaker to stay on without tripping for more than a day at most. When I...

Gfci keeps tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed new bathroom with new plugs that are wired staight into the pannel to a20 amp gfci breaker and tester shows it is wireed right but when you plug something into it,it trips no matter what I plug into it

Why is my new washer keeps tripping new GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased a my washer and dryer. Plugged in both. Dryer works great, washer will trip its gcfi after a few seconds of being started. Both outlets are gfci protected, both are wired with 12 gauge wire into a 20 amp breaker. Plug the washer into a separate non-gfci outlet and washer works fine. Can...

GFCI is tripping [ 5 Answers ]

I had to replace a non-working GFCI receptacle that had given us problems for 3 years or so. I replaced it today, but when the power is turned on the receptacle trips, even with nothing plugged in to it directly. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it? It is an outside receptacle.

View more questions Search