Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissSusi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Brown Bear Hamster?
    Hello
    I bought me brown bear hamster yesterday and they told me she is almost 4 month old.
    Is she to old to be tamed??
    Thank you for your answers!!
    Heidi
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
    She's not too old, but it Is easier to tame them when their younger.

I also have a hamster. She's a 2 month old panda bear hamster, I'm till trying to tame her. She's pretty calm now.

Hamsters need time to get used to you. Taming a hamster means to be able to place your hand inside the cage and have your hamster hop on to it and wait to be air lifted out. A tamed hamster will not bite or bolt when pet.

When you first buy your hamster, let it settle in it's new environment, provide plenty of food, water, bedding, and a wheel. Don't use cedar bedding, I hear it can cause lung problems.

Here are some handy guides for taming your hamster

Taming your hamster

Hamster Hideout - Handling

Handling

Wild Thing - Taming
    csussa Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSusi
    Hello
    i bought me brown bear hamster yesterday and they told me she is almost 4 month old.
    Is she to old to be tamed?????
    Thank you for ur answers!!!
    Heidi
    No its not to old at all they actually learn more quick when there older so it should be easy to tame cz its not shy cz its older.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tame a hamster? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a panda hamster names bamboo She's 8 weeks old and I've had her a little over a week, not very long I know She bites a lot and I want to know if there's a way to tame a hamster so they don't bite as much Because I don't like picking her up anymore because I'm afraid she'll bite me and...

My hamster has died [ 6 Answers ]

My pet hamster died today, he was only 10 months old and seemed absolutely fine, happy and running about. I had not seen him for over a day so I checked his bed and he was there just curled up. I don't understand why he has gone, I don't think he had wet tail, can anyone help me, give me a possible...

Right to Bear Arms [ 167 Answers ]

I am just curious about everyone's thoughts regarding the Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. I am specifically curious to hear from those of you that live in countries that have been forced to give up your arms. Are there more crimes now than before? If you live in the US I am...

Right to bear arms [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Ga. Is there anyway for me to get my rights back to bear arms, If I was convicted for a non violent felony

View more questions Search