Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2022, 06:21 AM
    Doubtless left out of the conversation will be some way to pay for this. The only truly just answer would be to have a tax on those responsible for past discrimination, be it housing or whatever. More likely will be an appeal to the feds for more monopoly money.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2022, 06:24 AM
    and the best part is if Gruesome Newson becomes Prez he will take his policy national .
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2022, 06:32 AM
    I could actually support a targeted reparations program, paid for with additional taxes on all those who are descendants of former slave owners, if it meant that all talk of past injustices would cease and the issue would be considered closed. That is, of course, extraordinarily unlikely.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2022, 06:47 AM
    on another posting I gave the probable direction of this virtue signaling .

They want to take it globally
    Clueless Joe loves giving your money away to the world (askmehelpdesk.com)
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 04:00 AM
    San Fran Reparations committee has proposed giving each long time Black resident $5 million and forgiving all their debts .

The proposal could cost the city, which has a 2022-2023 budget of $14 billion, roughly $50 billion
    San Francisco reparations panel pitches $5M -- each -- to black residents (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2023, 05:35 AM
    Why just long-term residents? If reparations are really called for, then shouldn't all resident blacks get the dough? One way or the other, this is what happens when money is thought to be mere pieces of paper.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2023, 04:58 PM
    Now the clowns want to funnel Federal covid relief $$ to pay for reparations . BS BS BS !!!!

Tennessee County Considers Using Federal Covid Dollars For Reparations Programs (forbes.com)

More than 18 months after the economic crisis caused by lockdowns ended, there is still an enormous amount of unspent funding hanging around. The city of Providence, R.I., has hit on a seemingly new reason for spending the money: reparations for black and indigenous people.
    The American Rescue Plan Act — a gargantuan $1.9 trillion spending package meant to enable the Biden administration to claim credit for taking bold and decisive action to end an economic crisis that was already over as of early 2021 (GDP growth was 6.3 percent that first quarter, following growth of 33.8 percent and 4.5 percent in the last two quarters of 2020) — shoveled so much money out to the cities that it has taken them some time to puzzle out what to do with the windfall. Providence is spending a $124 million federal grant on housing, infrastructure, and other things that have nothing to do with the pandemic, plus $10 million on reparations, via a yet-to-be-determined method.
    Mayor Jorge Elorza says, “Reparations can take a lot of different shapes. We know that $10 million is not enough. We can’t right all the wrongs of the past, but we can take an important first step.”
    Providence is a city of about 181,000, of whom about 18 percent are black or indigenous. A $10 million reparations package would, if distributed via direct cash payouts, amount to about 33,000 people getting a check for $300 each.
    Providence Spending Covid Relief Funds on Reparations | National Review
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2023, 03:57 AM
    How high can they go ? The California Reparations task force has just increased the amount of money they want to give away. It was $220,000 per Black resident . But now they have increased their proposal to $360,000

California Weighs $360,000 in Reparations to Black Residents (bloomberglaw.com)

This would be a $640 billion payout by a state that is basically broke. That means they will be looking for Federal relief .

When Gavin Newsom becomes President in 2024 it will become a national reparations plan .
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2023, 06:00 AM
    Newsom running against DeSantis would be an interesting one. The governor of a successful state taking on the governor of a failed state. In other, more sane periods of time, Newsom would be laughed off the stage. This, however, is not a sane period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fishy begins odor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fishy smell to my vigina I think I have bv how can I cure it home?

12 year old dog begins biting [ 4 Answers ]

My neighbor's twelve year old Samoyed (beautiful dog) has recently begun biting. First, it bit another neighbor's dog, then today as I walked past while it was staked out (I thought the leash didn't reach that far), it bit me. First it bit me on the elbow causing a deep bruise and some skin...

And so the fun begins [ 30 Answers ]

Well its winter(not officially of course, but there is snow on the ground and that counts for something) and since my dog is a husky well you just know he'll want to be outside a lot not to mention how we are going to start skijoring soon. My question is I bought booties for him to protect the pads...

View more questions Search