Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It is absolutely prejudice on your part. And you are one of the ones who go about constantly calling for better training, but then want to whine that the police actually follow their training. So do you want them to follow this unspecified, yet to be determined new training of yours? Make up your mind. Should they follow training or not???
    The police should be at a minimum. Too often, the 911 calls are more suited to social services -- the homeless guy in the men's bathroom, stripping naked so he can wash himself, the woman high on opioids running amok as she screams, the small, crying child wandering around in the park.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 01:18 PM
    Get a little lost with your copy/paste process???

The police should be at a minimum. Too often, the 911 calls are more suited to social services -- the homeless guy in the men's bathroom, stripping naked so he can wash himself.
    That can all be discussed and I see some sense in your statement. But when you accuse the police of blatant, widespread racism, you have gone way, way too far. It's just disgusting to read.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 01:23 PM
    Get a little lost with your copy/paste process???
    Pardon me, O writer of perfect prose. I'm using a Kindle and typing with my left pointer finger fingernail.
    That can all be discussed and I see some sense in your statement. But when you accuse the police of blatant, widespread racism, you have gone way, way too far. It's just disgusting to read.
    I didn't accuse them of racism as much as being required to march to the department's drumbeat.

Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 02:14 PM
    I didn't accuse them of racism as much as being required to march to the department's drumbeat.
    Oh yes you did. "And were the police gently questioning him at first (as they would have done with a white dude)?"

Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?
    Oh good grief. We have already dismissed this foolish question weeks ago. I haven't, you haven't, and no other white person has, so it's a meaningless exercise. I have been the only white person in a black church. I have been one of only two white people in a Choctaw Indian church. I was one of only four white people at a soul music concert many years ago. I was a principal of a 90% black school for ten years. And guess what all of that proves? Nothing other than I know what it's like to be, at least briefly, in the minority. But that still proves nothing. It's a completely foolish question with no point and no achievable objective whatsoever. It's the kind of question white liberal dems love to ask because they think it shows how wise, thoughtful, and empathetic they are. All it really is is an exercise is nothing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 04:05 PM
    Beware the man who experiences but doesn't learn.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 04:12 PM
    I know what it's like to be, at least briefly, in the minority.
    You were briefly in the minority numberswise, but have always been in the majority as per race.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 04:44 PM
    You were briefly in the minority numberswise, but have always been in the majority as per race.
    That stunningly obvious truth about you, me, and practically every other white person has already been established multiple times. What on earth is your point?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 04:47 PM
    That stunningly obvious truth about you, me, and practically every other white person has already been established multiple times. What on earth is your point?
    Then why the brag about being with non-whites?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 04:54 PM
    Sorry, but you asked a completely pointless question with an answer that even a first grader could have guessed. "Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?" You got an answer. Stop whining.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 05:06 PM
    Sorry, but you asked a completely pointless question with an answer that even a first grader could have guessed. "Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?" You got an answer. Stop whining.
    They were thought (do you recognize the term rhetorical?) questions with obvious answers. I didn't need answers. I KNEW the answers!
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 05:08 PM
    Great! Now we ALL know the answer!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2021, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    They were thought (do you recognize the term rhetorical?) questions with obvious answers. I didn't need answers. I KNEW the answers!
    But WG you know JL has all the answers
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 05:13 PM
    Mr. Cheerful has returned. Yay, I guess. But I'll bet EVEN CLETE can answer this one. "Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?" Be careful Clete. It's one of those "thought question" thingies.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2021, 08:43 PM
    Mr. Cheerful has returned. Yay, I guess. But I'll bet EVEN CLETE can answer this one. "Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black? Shopped while Black? Attended a mostly white church service while Black?" Be careful Clete. It's one of those "thought question" thingies.
    Well unless you mean while wearing my custom made black leather coat, never. Doesn't stop me from knowing black people, there are a few in my Church and they don't feel uncomfortable at all associating with us whities but then, this is a different place
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:02 PM
    You apparently don't know what rhetorical means.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2021, 11:01 PM
    It's one of those "thought question" thingies.
    Oh good! Sounds right up my ally.
    "Btw, how often have you driven a car while Black?
    I've Driven a Black car while having a black face on, dressed as a woman. (Halloween party)
    Shopped while Black?
    I went Shopping while having two black eyes and half my body being black and blue.
    Attended a mostly white church service while Black?"
    I've attended a 'mostly white church' being black...same Halloween party.

In todays world, if somebody says they are 'Black' who are you to disagree?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2021, 11:12 PM
    Anything and everything is broadcasted across the globe. I member when news was a once a day thing.
    But noooo! We weren't getting enough news, we needed MORE News. Now we can watch/listen news 24hrs a day.
    Being fed way too much information, and the downhill spiral continues...news, news, news down, down, down!

When I was a young Lad, I was taught to be color blind...But nooo, that isn't right anymore.
    Welcome to the Jungle Baby!!!
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2021, 04:35 AM
    You apparently don't know what rhetorical means.
    There are rhetorical questions and then there are foolish questions.

Why is it that no one ever asks, "Have you ever driven while Latino," or "Have you ever driven while Native American?" "Have you ever driven while female?" "Have you ever driven while a dog?" They would all be equally shallow questions that would make as much sense as asking, "Have you ever driven while black?" Best of all, "Have you ever BEEN black?" The supposed point of such "wise" questions is to suggest that a white person cannot understand what it's like to be black. But the reverse is also true, and it's true on many other levels as well, so it's all just nonsense that takes a discussion nowhere useful and has, as best as I can see, no other purpose but to try to make the person asking the question feel wise and insightful. It certainly has nothing to do with the DC trial.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2021, 08:30 AM
    Rhetorical means no answer or response is needed. Even you have outdone yourself!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2021, 08:39 AM

Why is it that no one ever asks, "Have you ever driven while Latino," or "Have you ever driven while Native American?" "Have you ever driven while female?" "Have you ever driven while a dog?" They would all be equally shallow questions that would make as much sense as asking, "Have you ever driven while black?" Best of all, "Have you ever BEEN black?" The supposed point of such "wise" questions is to suggest that a white person cannot understand what it's like to be black. But the reverse is also true, and it's true on many other levels as well, so it's all just nonsense that takes a discussion nowhere useful and has, as best as I can see, no other purpose but to try to make the person asking the question feel wise and insightful. It certainly has nothing to do with the DC trial.
    Nice try to dismiss the relevance of others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search