Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I don't think DC is guilty of second degree murder. I'm not saying he is not responsible in some way for GF's death, but I don't see how it amounts to second degree murder. I don't see how you can show that DC intended for GF to die. Manslaughter?? That sounds reasonable.
    GF was handcuffed behind his back, lying facedown on the pavement, had at least one cop kneeling on his legs. What threat was he that demanded DC kneel on his neck?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 09:32 AM
    GF was handcuffed behind his back, lying facedown on the pavement, had at least one cop kneeling on his legs. What threat was he that demanded DC kneel on his neck?
    You might have a valid question, but it's one that neither you nor I can answer.

Please answer my previous question.

I'll repost it.

You, however, DID "hop and skip" over my question, so I'll ask it again. You claimed, "Chauvin is a little man who was intimidated by a bigger Black man who may not have even known that $20 was counterfeit." I replied, "And you know this how?"

I will patiently wait.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:34 AM
    I didn't hop and skip over anything. I said as clearly as can be said, "I have no idea." School principals don't receive training on recognizing counterfeit bills.
    Yet GF knew it was counterfeit? How do you know he was deliberately using it and cheating that store?
    You, however, DID "hop and skip" over my question, so I'll ask it again. You claimed, "Chauvin is a little man who was intimidated by a bigger Black man who may not have even known that $20 was counterfeit." I replied, "And you know this how?"
    I know it the same way DC knew that GF knew it.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 09:37 AM
    Yet GF knew it was counterfeit? How do you know he was deliberately using it and cheating that store?
    Police officers ARE trained to recognize counterfeit bills. I have no idea if its use was deliberate.

I know it the same way DC knew that GF knew it.
    In other words, you have no clue.

I do know that if GF was innocent, and perhaps he was, then it would have been a simple process to prove his innocence. Comply with the police and live to see another day.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2021, 09:42 AM
    I have no idea if its use was deliberate.
    Irrelevant. Being a 'known Felon.'

A Felon is screwed either way.

I'll ask it for you WG; How'd he know he was a Felon?
    Answer: Because he's Black? Not true, but you can run with it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:51 AM
    I do know that if GF was innocent, and perhaps he was, then it would have been a simple process to prove his innocence. Comply with the police and live to see another day.
    And were the police gently questioning him at first (as they would have done with a white dude)?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    A Felon is screwed either way.
    Too true.
    My favorite (white) nephew is a felon. He and I wrote letters back and forth during his six years in prison.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 10:13 AM
    The thing you conservatives ignore is the prone position with 3 cops on GF and a knee to the neck for more than 9 minutes...with the last 3 being after his demise. I might add that he was dragged from the vehicle to be proned AFTER he was handcuffed. Proning is a technique for handcuffing and NOT to solicit compliance.

When asked by a fellow officer if GF should be rolled to his side as per dept regs and training, DC replied NO, He stays down where he is! That was in the video, as played in court.

Apr 19, 2021, 11:07 AM
    Too true.

A felon Is guilty until proven innocent.
    If a known felon is caught with any paraphernalia, illegal activity, being around other felons,,,anything! They can be arrested (screwed) on the spot.

Apr 19, 2021, 11:14 AM
    I posted this before you responded.
    Aren't I amazing!

Then you come up with this-

And were the police gently questioning him at first (as they would have done with a white dude)?
    You decided to run with it, no surprise.

Change is in the air (let's hope it continues) We have our fall guy. There can be only one outcome. GUILTY.  
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 11:17 AM
    If a known felon is caught with any paraphernalia,
    True for anyone.
    illegal activity,
    True for anyone.
    being around other felons,,,anything!
    Complete nonsense and totally not true.

If there is any justice in this world, should you need a cop in the future, and if they are aware of your prejudice and racism, then they'll just find someone else to help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 11:21 AM
    If there is any justice in this world, should you need a cop in the future, and if they are aware of your prejudice and racism, then they'll just find someone else to help.
    I have called the cops and have also been stopped while driving. My comment wasn't "prejudice and racism" -- it's all too true.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 11:29 AM
    Complete prejudice against the police and completely racist in assuming that they prefer whites over other races.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 11:39 AM
    Complete prejudice against the police and completely racist in assuming that they prefer whites over other races.
    Depends on where it is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 11:40 AM
    There are good cops, and there are not so good cops, and some that are lousy for whatever reason. Get rid of bad cops, a simple enough concept.

Apr 19, 2021, 11:44 AM
    Complete nonsense and totally not true.
    True: Terms of probation or parole prohibit this.

There are good cops, and there are not so good cops, and some that are lousy for whatever reason. Get rid of bad cops, a simple enough concept.
    Not likely. They are only human. Not to mention, they are recruited from the armed forces, most the time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Not likely. They are only human. Not to mention, they are recruited from the armed forces, most the time.
    And not the sharpest knives in the drawer....
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 12:42 PM
    And not the sharpest knives in the drawer....
    Wow. You are one of the most prejudiced people I have ever met.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 12:48 PM
    Wow. You are one of the most prejudiced people I have ever met.
    Tell me I'm wrong. It certainly isn't prejudice on my part! They aren't expected to think on their own but to do what they've been trained and told to do by superiors who don't want independent thinkers to buck the system.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 01:04 PM
    Tell me I'm wrong.
    You're wrong. There is no evidence to support your sickening statement.

It certainly isn't prejudice on my part! They aren't expected to think on their own but to do what they've been trained and told to do by superiors who don't want independent thinkers to buck the system.
    It is absolutely prejudice on your part. And you are one of the ones who go about constantly calling for better training, but then want to whine that the police actually follow their training. So do you want them to follow this unspecified, yet to be determined new training of yours? Make up your mind. Should they follow training or not???

I'll say it again. Your prejudice against the police, which you cannot support with so much as a shred of data, is the worst I have seen in any person in many years. And I mean prejudice in general, and not just against the cops. Most white supremacists will have to work harder to reach your level. Your delight in the Chauvin case can barely be concealed, and I find that to be sickening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search