Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2021, 04:17 AM
    Amazing how popular these "white supremacist, racist" initiatives can be.

“Majorities of whites (74%), blacks (69%) and other minorities (82%) say voters should be required to show photo identification before being allowed to vote,” Rassmussen Reports found among 1,000 likely voters polled throughout the U.S.
    Even along party lines, 60 percent of Democrats, 89 percent of Republicans, and 77 percent of unaffiliated voters responded in the affirmative."

https://www.westernjournal.com/democ...lacks-support/

All time dumb quote of the ages from Biden.
    "Biden predicted the efforts will be stopped "because it's the most pernicious thing.""This makes Jim Crow look like Jim Eagle,” he said. “I mean, this is gigantic, what they’re trying to do. And it cannot be sustained."
    It's one of our major problems now. Every disagreement has to be treated like a life-threatening emergency and attacked with the most extreme rhetoric at their disposal.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2021, 04:10 PM
    today's black lister is the emperor . He wasn't woke enough

Waukegan Latinx activists protest renaming Thomas Jefferson Middle School after Barack and Michelle Obama - ABC7 Chicago

ahh the circular firing squad !!

"If you're removing the name of Thomas Jefferson - one oppressor - the name of Obama is another oppressor and our families do not want to see that name,"
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 05:06 PM
    "If you're removing the name of Thomas Jefferson - one oppressor - the name of Obama is another oppressor and our families do not want to see that name,"
    Oh my goodness. I'm beginning to agree with the radicals!!
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2021, 07:12 AM
    The inability to judge between what is a big deal and what is a little deal is part of our culture now. A car salesman makes an insensitive remark and the world falls apart. Note his lengthy, self-flagellating apology that has become the norm these days. And Baylor U gets to demonstrate itself as the very soul of racial sensitivity by refusing the gift of a car they didn't really need in the first place.

"Coach Scott can enjoy it and he’ll use it to pull some people out of the hood," Teague said.

On Wednesday, Baylor released a statement on the remark.

"We have spoken with Ted Teague regarding his comments made last night," Drew and Baylor athletic director Mack Rhoades said in a joint statement. "His remarks do not align with our institutional values or the culture of our athletic programs. We can confirm we are not accepting the Jeep driven in the parade on Tuesday. As a department, we are committed to recruiting a diverse group of student-athletes, coaches, and staff, all of whom are valued members of our community."

Teague apologized for the remark, saying he misspoke when he used the word "hood." "As the word came out of my mouth, I instantly knew it was the absolute wrong word," he said. "I know that I disrespected a countless number of people within our amazing Waco community, and beyond. I am deeply disappointed and saddened by my actions and offer each of you my most sincere apologies."
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/b...ip-hood-remark
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 09:26 AM
    they should use it for a alumnae auction with the proceeds going to a student scholarship

Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 12:19 PM
    A Black economic professor is today's candidate .

Last fall, Grace Church High School’s (a private school in Manhattan) leaders would not allow teacher Paul Rossi to introduced ideas expressed by Brown University social sciences Professor Glenn Loury to juniors and seniors enrolled in his “Art of Persuasion” class.

Glenn Loury at the age of 33 became the first African American tenured professor of economics in the history of Harvard University. BLM was the hot topic at the time and Rossi decided to introduce Loury's writings into his class .

Rossi writes :

"The head of school responded to me that “people like Loury’s lived experience—and therefore his derived social philosophy” made him an exception to the rule that black thinkers acknowledge structural racism as the paramount impediment in society. He added that “the moment we are in institutionally and culturally, does not lend itself to dispassionate discussion and debate,” and discussing Loury’s ideas would “only confuse and/or enflame students, both those in the class and others that hear about it outside of the class.” He preferred I assign “mainstream white conservatives,” effectively denying black students the opportunity to hear from a black professor who holds views that diverge from the orthodoxy pushed on them."

"I find it self-evidently racist to filter the dissemination of an idea based on the race of the person who espouses it. I find the claim that exposing 11th and 12th graders to diverse views on an important societal issue will only “confuse” them to be characteristic of a fundamentalist religion, not an educational philosophy. "

I Refuse to Stand By While My Students Are Indoctrinated - Common Sense with Bari Weiss (substack.com)

But the problem is that Loury challenges the woke narrative . He challenges the premise that "systemic racism" is the primary challenge facing the Black community today .

"Loury said he rejects the idea that racial inequalities can be entirely credited to the pervasiveness of white supremacy. And he concluded with an attack on policies like affirmative action, which he described as patronizing and saturated with the bigotry of low expectations."

Rossi wrote of the incident that the head of the school told him that ‘the moment we are in, institutionally and culturally, does not lend itself to dispassionate discussion and debate,’ and discussing Loury’s ideas would ‘only confuse and/or enflame students, both those in the class and others that hear about it outside of the class.’”

In other words ;what school head George Davison's REAL concern was the perception that others would get with having Professor Loury's views taught .

But what Rossi describes is worse than that . He tells of racially segregated zoom classes to discuss racial issues (focused at condemning whites ) .The students are taught a dystopian intersectional condemnation of American culture ." A few days later, the head of school [Davison] ordered all high school advisors to read a public reprimand of my conduct out loud to every student in the school. It was a surreal experience, walking the halls alone and hearing the words emitting from each classroom: “Events from last week compel us to underscore some aspects of our mission and share some thoughts about our community,” the statement began. “At independent schools, with their history of predominantly white populations, racism colludes with other forms of bias (sexism, classism, ableism and so much more) to undermine our stated ideals, and we must work hard to undo this history.”"

. It is a prime example of the premise that woke culture is no more than an American left version of Mao's Cultural Revolution . Public shaming and demonization of incorrect thinking are the precursors before “re-education camps” where someone like Paul Rossi or, Glenn Loury would be paraded before jeering crowds of “the woke” to be humiliated and condemned.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2021, 01:43 PM
    A few days later, the head of school [Davison] ordered all high school advisors to read a public reprimand of my conduct out loud to every student in the school.
    And there lies the real problem. Like docile little sheep, the faculty no doubt complied and read a statement that surely many of them did not agree with. A lack of courage is our real problem.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 01:55 PM
    I guess I am fortunate to never needed to make that choice. No one at work particularly cared about my outspoken opinions . It never affected my work . And here I am a mostly an anonymous town crier .

Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 02:17 PM
    just in . Twitter permanently cancelled James O'Keefe and Project Veritas . He burned CNN recently by exposing their clear and now confirmed bias against President Trump in last year's election. A CNN director ;secretly recorded ,proudly revealed that the fake news network engaged in propagandist reporting to further the aims of the Democratic party. CNN's Technical Director Charlie Chester boasted that the network's biased coverage played a large roll in removing President Trump from office.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2021, 02:35 PM
    And there are people here who really believe that the national media is as fair and honest as can be. Incredible.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 05:24 PM
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, I guess that's how presidents get elected
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2021, 05:54 PM
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, I guess that's how presidents get elected
    Sadly true.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2021, 07:38 PM
    You poor wingers! Everybody with sense was against the dufus and for good reason, but let's not conflate the small skirmishes across the country with the subjective media coverage since the right doesn't care about facts, just talking points they agree with. The problem you fringers have is handling the other sides push back to you're narratives.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2021, 08:23 PM
    Tal, think about what you just said, both sides are equally guilty
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2021, 03:08 AM
    No we ain't and I doubt you can tell the difference. What we all look alike?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2021, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No we ain't and I doubt you can tell the difference. What we all look alike?
    Are you saying you can tell a demonrat by the way they look, darker skinned? sun tanned? better dressed?
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2021, 05:22 AM
    Are you saying you can tell a demonrat by the way they look,
    Sort of a dumb, glassy-eyed appearance??

Just kidding.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2021, 01:51 PM
    No, I thought that applied to your red necked back woods friends
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2021, 02:29 PM
    No, I thought that applied to your red necked back woods friends
    You don't know any of my friends. It seems you have a habit of commenting on topics about which you know nothing. Why is that?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2021, 04:13 PM
    hey, it's what I do. Is it annoying? good, it achieves its objective

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search