Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2021, 09:46 AM
    Can't help but notice that they seem perfectly happy to have ML teams in those states including, of course, Atlanta.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2021, 01:22 PM
    The MLB pushback on voter suppression laws are but ONE corporation, as many more have joined the fray.

A Full List of Companies That Have Advocated Against Georgia's New Voting Law (newsweek.com)

It's ON!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2021, 05:52 PM
    Corporate wokefare .
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 04:13 AM
    The woke corporatists crowd of course will of course say nothing about their business dealings with China ;a nation that uses slave labor . Apple ,Coca Cola ,the NBA and their hypocrite players stay mum . As an example ,last year a Congressional Executive Commission on human rights abuses listed Coca Cola as a major American company with ties to forced labor camps in the Chinese province of Xinjiang .The report went on to specifically name Coke's s Tunhe sugar facility in Xinjiang as having direct ties to forced labor. Now Coke has lobbied Congress against legislation targeting companies who engaged with China’s forced labor policies.
    But the CEO James Quincy has been very vocal against Georgia's common sense election reforms .
    Coca-Cola CEO wants Congress to act after Georgia's voting law - CNN

There are many more examples of this woke hypocrisy .
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2021, 03:24 PM
    It just keeps getting weirder.

"A Portland high school has postponed changing its mascot to an evergreen tree after a committee member raised concerns about its possible connotations to lynching."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...es-to-lynching
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 04:05 PM
    I think it is weird having a tree as a mascot . Then I remembered Stanford has a tree , Must be a west coast thingy.

MLB I would call for a boycott from watching the game . But for years nobody has watched the game. The Home Run Derby the day before the game has better ratings
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2021, 04:22 PM
    There aren’t many team names left. The Peaceful Amoeba??
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 04:31 PM
    My fantasy team is the gnats

My other team is the punishers

Uber Member

Apr 4, 2021, 04:47 PM
    What happens when the Gnats play the Mosquitoes?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2021, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The woke corporatists crowd of course will of course say nothing about their business dealings with China ;a nation that uses slave labor . Apple ,Coca Cola ,the NBA and their hypocrite players stay mum . As an example ,last year a Congressional Executive Commission on human rights abuses listed Coca Cola as a major American company with ties to forced labor camps in the Chinese province of Xinjiang .The report went on to specifically name Coke's s Tunhe sugar facility in Xinjiang as having direct ties to forced labor. Now Coke has lobbied Congress against legislation targeting companies who engaged with China’s forced labor policies.
    But the CEO James Quincy has been very vocal against Georgia's common sense election reforms .
    Coca-Cola CEO wants Congress to act after Georgia's voting law - CNN

There are many more examples of this woke hypocrisy .
    Big Biz kowtowing to China is nothing new, they've done it before with dictators and corrupt regimes around the world throughout history. It's the capitalist way be it cheap labor or outright slavery. Miscro Soft, Walmart, Nike, you name it. A buck is a buck.

They were in lockstep with voting suppression until the court of public opinion called them on it so game on.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 05:43 PM
    you think the woke thugs are the court of public opinion ? thanks for the laugh of the day . This is a desperate ploy by MLB to save it's bacon . It is desperately trying to get a young audience. Well maybe geezers like me will remanence about days gone by when the All Star game was interesting . But we will not transfer that enthusiasm for the game to our grandkids , You notice how the NBA was just a little less enthusiastic about all that social justice stuff this season ? That was because they lost audience due to wokeness . Same has happened to NFL . We shall see where the 'court of public opinion 'really sees woke and cancel culture .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 05:48 PM
    why don't you just wake up and cancel the culture of gladiatorial games
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2021, 06:25 PM
    why don't you just wake up and cancel the culture of gladiatorial games
    I'm all for it. It would be great if the NFL, NBA, and MLB went out of business. I watch none of it and couldn't care less.

You notice how the NBA was just a little less enthusiastic about all that social justice stuff this season ? That was because they lost audience due to wokeness . Same has happened to NFL . We shall see where the 'court of public opinion 'really sees woke and cancel culture .
    Absolutely correct. It's going to be interesting.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 06:33 PM
    If MLB really believed Georgians are now living under “Jim Crow " why are they only canceling 1 of the 82 MLB games scheduled to be played in Georgia ?
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2021, 06:36 PM
    As you said, this has nothing to do with logic. It's all about some perceived public posture. Only an idiot would think that Georgia's law was anything even remotely connected with Jim Crow laws.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'm all for it. It would be great if the NFL, NBA, and MLB went out of business. I watch none of it and couldn't care less.
    For a guy who posts about his concern for his fellow man, it's sure a surprise to learn that you "couldn't care less" about the millions affected by the loss of the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Your "shoot yourself in the foot quality" rises again.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2021, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    For a guy who posts about his concern for his fellow man, it's sure a surprise to learn that you "couldn't care less" about the millions affected by the loss of the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Your "shoot yourself in the foot quality" rises again.
    these things are non events, bread and circuses for the masses, what would you do without them, find something else to do
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2021, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    these things are non events, bread and circuses for the masses, what would you do without them, find something else to do
    The comment was about the economic effect of losing all those entertainment venues. You're pretty casual about throwing millions of people into economic disaster.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2021, 04:28 AM
    You're pretty casual about throwing millions of people into economic disaster.
    Drama alert.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2021, 04:40 AM
    Not a fan of rap music, but this guy is popular and is hitting the nail on the head, so there is still hope.

I think it's crazy I'm the one who they labeled as controversial
    And Cardi B is the role model for 12-year-old girls
    There's rappers pushin' Xanax at the top of the Billboard
    But if I mention race in a song, I'm scared I'll get killed for it
    It's backwards, it's gettin' exponentially dumb
    It's more difficult to get a job than purchase a gun
    Eminem used to gay bash and murder his mum
    And now he doesn't want fans if they voted for Trump
    We're ashamed to be American, you should probably love it
    'Cause you have the right to say it and not gеt strung up in public
    As children, we werе taught how to walk and talk
    But the system wants adults to sit down and shut up
    Cancel culture runs the world now, the planet went crazy
    Label everything we say as homophobic or racist
    If you're white, then you're privileged, guilty by association
    All our childhood heroes got Me-Too'd or they're rapists

[Pre-Chorus 1]
    They never freed the slaves, they realized that they don't need the chains
    They gave us tiny screens, we think we free 'cause we can't see the cage
    They knew that race war would be the game they'd need to play
    For people to pick teams, they use the media to feed the flame

[Chorus]
    They so fake woke, facts don't care 'bout feelin's
    They know they won't tell me what to believe in
    They so fake woke, same old safe zones
    They so fake woke, facts don't care 'bout your feelin's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search