Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 3, 2021, 10:36 AM
    The hits just keep on coming.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2021, 04:19 PM
    some A listers are turning into black listers, Bill and Melinda Gates are divorcing, how much will she get, Geoff Bezos wife got $8 Billion or was that $32 Billion, hard to work out, these settlements are. In the Gates case, the foundation is worth $50 Billion, some cleaver planning there, give half of your wealth to your own foundation
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2021, 05:13 PM
    The Gates also convinced other shmuck billionaires to make the 'Giving Pledge ' to donate all their money to the Gates foundation . What is the split on that ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2021, 08:41 PM
    You'll never know since all the rich guys do it and hide the books and the loot.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2021, 04:07 PM
    Latest blacklist outrage is Major League Baseball pulling the all star game out of Atlanta because of a new voter ID law passed by the Georgia legislature.

Hey MLB How did that work out for you ? The World Series is being played in Atlanta and Houston ;in two states that have voter ID laws Bwahaaahaaahaaa !!! Go Braves !!!
    wallsasia Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2021, 04:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing valuable information keep posting.
    <a href="https://wallsasia.com/services/architect">Walls Asia Architects and interior designers</a>
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2021, 04:59 AM
    It really is amazing (and not a little discouraging) that the sports world has gone so insane over this "woke" nonsense.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2021, 03:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing valuable information keep posting.
    <a href="https://wallsasia.com/services/architect">Walls Asia Architects and interior designers</a>

please read this important service announcement troll

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/current-events/announcement-zero-tolerance-advertising.html
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2021, 01:56 PM
    Atlanta won and Commish was roundly booed when he was forced to give the trophy to the Braves !!!!! LGB
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2021, 06:49 AM
    There is an amusing and I believe the 1st ever self blacklisting . Last week John Cleese of Monty Python fame tweeted this comment :

I was looking forward to talking to students at the Cambridge Union this Friday, but I hear that someone there has been blacklisted for doing an impersonation of HitlerI regret that I did the same on a Monty Python show, so I am blacklisting myself before someone else does
    John Cleese on Twitter: "I was looking forward to talking to students at the Cambridge Union this Friday, but I hear that someone there has been blacklisted for doing an impersonation of Hitler I regret that I did the same on a Monty Python show, so I am blacklisting myself before someone else does" / Twitter
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2021, 08:46 AM
    There is so much strange in that post. The fact that someone can be "blacklisted" and thus not allowed to speak is an outrage. That the person was blacklisted for doing an "impersonation of Hitler" is really unusual. But worst of all, the fact that those people cannot see that all of them blacklisting someone is, itself, a quite accurate impersonation of Hitler BY THEM is the saddest thing of all.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 07:51 PM
    I abandoned this post for a while . Even though I could probably given an example a day ;I figured point made

However when I find an egreviously ridiculous example then I can't help myself .

So today's black lister is the secular Christmas song 'Jingle Bells' .

This is a world wide popular song .It was the first Christmas song broadcast from space (Gemini 6) President's of all political persuasion have had it performed at the White House during the holiday season.

What could be so offensive for it to be cancelled ? Could it be the violence in the song with 2 of the verses describing being thrown from horses and carriage ? .Riding on a horse drawn sleigh was evidently a dangerous activity Nope that is not it . One verse has a young couple sitting next to each other when suddenly their fast-moving sleigh overturns, landing them together in the snow.Back in 1850 it was the equivalent of a Beach Boys car song.

So why exactly was the song cancelled by Brighton’s Council Rock Primary School?

According to Council Rock principal Matt Tappon ;the song is offensive . Yes ; I bet you did not know 'Jingle Bells ' was an offensive song.

Professor Kyna Hamill, director of Boston University’s Core Curriculum wrote an article in 2017 saying it was so .He cites an article written in the Boston Globe in 1946 th at claims the song author James Pierpont in 1850 was a writer of minstrel songs and that Jingle Bells was one such song. Pierpont also wrote ballads, light opera, and polkas. That doesn't get factored in the decision. He wrote songs because he could be paid for his efforts . That the song ended up being performed in minstrel shows was not his fault . The song's lyrics are not racist . People who are offended by the song are looking for reasons to be offended .
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 05:14 AM
    Just another example of living in the age of opinion. Many people just blindly accept whatever they read as long as it feeds a particular ideological narrative. It's the ideology that is, in their view, important. Truth has become cheap.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2021, 09:40 AM
    Wow, JL! You've said a mouthful! You've described the Republican mindset since maybe 2016 (and probably before).
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 09:50 AM
    You've described the Republican mindset since maybe 2016 (and probably before).
    Care to elaborate on that opinion?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Many people just blindly accept whatever they read as long as it feeds a particular ideological narrative. It's the ideology that is, in their view, important. Truth has become cheap.
    I couldn't have said it any better - you mean like a literal reading of the Bible?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2021, 10:01 AM
    Here are a few "elaborations":

Nationalism dubbed as patriotism. "Make America great again." (It has never been great.) Control elections. Marginalize (and ban books about) poc and the LGBT+ community.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 10:05 AM
    If you think America has never been great, then you've been drinking the kool-aid far too long. As to the rest of your "truth", it is all opinion. You've documented nothing. Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point.

Who has suggested we ban books about the gays? Who has suggested we ban books about poc?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2021, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you think America has never been great, then you've been drinking the kool-aid far too long.
    When was it great?

(This country is on a path to greatness. We have yet to achieve that goal.)

Who has suggested we ban books about the gays?
    Texas Republican State Rep Matt Krause has a list of 850 books that he believes should be banned from libraries, books about sex education, race, LGBTQ+, and – perhaps most troubling of all – those that teach young people about their human rights.

Also Oklahoma, Florida, Kentucky lawmakers and school principals/teachers, to name a few more.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 10:22 AM
    Texas lawmaker Matt Krause has a list of 850 books that he believes should be banned
    1. One man is not the republican party, so your argument has fallen flat on its face. 2. Even worse, what you are saying about Krause is not true. So once again, you are providing a perfect example of my principle. Thanks!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search