Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2021, 03:02 PM
    ground wire to sub panel
    sub panel to my garrage, do i need to run a ground wire from my main panel to my sub panel with 6-3 or can i use 6-2 and use a in groung rod for the sub panel?
    thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Ground wire on main service panel [ 4 Answers ]

How do you drive ground rods into ground on a 150 amp system with well water? I know there needs to be 2. How far apart are they and how are the wires run between them and to the house? A photo would help. How deep does the ground wire need to be? Thanks!

Connecting neutral wire to ground wire in breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

Can the neutral wire be connected to the ground wire at the neutral bar in the breaker panel?

How does the ground wire enter a service panel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200 amp service panel, (culter & hammer, BR type, 30 spaces) and need to make sure that the ground wire is connected properly. I have a ground wire connected to metal water pipes, and a ground rod. The wire is continuous and protected from damage by framing. How should the wire enter...

Sub-Panel Ground, Wire or Rod [ 9 Answers ]

I running a 70 amp sub-panel to a shop that does have telephone connections to the main house. I know that I need to isolate the ground from the neutral at the sub-panel. I am planning on running 3, #4 wires to the sub-panel and I also have an 8' ground rod, which I will connect as well. My...

Sub Panel, Ground Wire, and a Dryer [ 16 Answers ]

So I'm planning to put in a 100 amp sub panel that'll have a clothes dryer running off it. Code here says... "A circuit of 30 amperes is required for an electric clothes dryer (section 220.18). Three insulated #10 wires (plus one #10 ground wire) are required to feed it, and a properly...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.