Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2021, 06:53 PM
    The Compost lied
    Jan 9 the Washington Compost reported that Trump had pressured Georgia election investigators to "find the fraud " in the election results that had swung Georgia to Quid.

Well that was used as one of the reasons for the 2nd Trump show trial ;just as Adam Schiff- head's fictional narrative of a Trump call with Ukraine President Zelensky was used as justification for the 1st show trial .
    The accusation against Trump if true could be construed to be an obstruction of justice as indeed the House prosecution claimed .

It took a couple months ,but the Compost snuck in a correction to their tale March 11.

Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source. Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now.’ A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump.
    Trump pressured a Georgia elections investigator in call legal experts say could amount to obstruction - The Washington Post

The Compost had written that “The president’s attempts to intervene in an ongoing investigation could amount to obstruction of justice or other criminal violations, legal experts said, though they cautioned a case could be difficult to prove,”

The Compost did not correct that conclusion . Their correction just says it did not happen.

It was used in the impeachment brief page 10 ,and in oral argument by Penn Rep Madeline Dean .

The fabricated quotes were sourced to “an individual familiar with the call who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the conversation.”

Then several other members of the 5th column ..... ooops I mean 4th estate confirmed the Compost story using their own anonymous sources.

Georgia: Trump reportedly pressured elections investigator to overturn election (cnbc.com)

Trump told Georgia election investigator to find dishonesty in call (usatoday.com)

The Compost has since revealed that Jordan Fuchs, the deputy secretary of state, was its anonymous source .

So did the other news outlets talk to him ? Or did they even bother attempting independent journalism ? So how often did the press fabricate news about Trump in his 4 years as President ? More important than that . If the press is going to cover a President with that lack of regard for honest reporting ,how often is someone without the means to fight back subject to such sloppy and biased journalism ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2021, 06:56 PM
    The press fabricating news Tom, wash your mouth out, you know they only report the truth, even if they spin it a little
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 02:51 AM
    They are the arbiters of truth in their minds . In the case of the Compost ,they are a rag owned by a holding company owned by Jeff Bezos ;who also owns Amazon. Amazon of course was the company that decided that Parler ,the conservative alternative to Twitter ,would be denied access to the web . So in reality Bezos' dominance in information media makes him the FINAL arbiter of truth ,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2021, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    They are the arbiters of truth in their minds . In the case of the Compost ,they are a rag owned by a holding company owned by Jeff Bezos ;who also owns Amazon. Amazon of course was the company that decided that Parler ,the conservative alternative to Twitter ,would be denied access to the web . So in reality Bezos' dominance in information media makes him the FINAL arbiter of truth ,
    I got two words for ya! Faux News. Now I could throw in OAN or some other conservative news outlets that say the same thing you do, but I won't.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 12:26 PM
    So what site did Fox cancel ? There is 2 parts of Fox ....their news reporting is fair and got into a lot of heat with Trump for NOT carrying the Trump flag. The commentary is clearly conservative leaning . Even there ;unlike MSNBC which is a complete echo chamber ;the Fox hosts invite people on air to debate opposing views .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 01:04 PM
    The commentary is clearly conservative leaning . Even there ;unlike MSNBC which is a complete echo chamber ;the Fox hosts invite people on air to debate opposing views .
    I watch both - MSNBC and FOX. They are each on the liberal and conservative side, respectively. And you're wrong, MSNBC also has opposing views from time to time. FOX, however, is blatantly pro-Trump, even to the point of Hannity being his telephone pal. Carlson is beyond the pale. He gets nuttier day-by-day. The Worst MSNBC has is Joe Scarborough who can be an embarasment - he writes far better than he hosts. The 8-10 primetime FOX lineup has to be seen to be believed. One is worse than the next one. Just watch.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 01:23 PM
    I don't watch that late at night . There is plenty better content than talking heads in prime time (especially next month through October when MLB gets almost all my prime time attention) .

I already conceded their commentary shows are conservative . My time slot is during Bret Baier and before him Shep Smith . No pom poms waived by them . Hannity and Carleson ? I'll raise you Rachel Madcow and Larry O'Donnell
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 01:34 PM
    I don't watch that late at night . There is plenty better content than talking heads in prime time (especially next month through October when MLB gets almost all my prime time attention) .

I already conceded their commentary shows are conservative . My time slot is during Bret Baier and before him Shep Smith . No pom poms waived by them . Hannity and Carleson ? I'll raise you Rachel Madcow and Larry O'Donnell

FLASH! Shep Smith left Fox some time ago. His reasons - "I could not take anymore how the opinion shows (the 8-10 lineup) spread lies and falsehoods". Exactly my take on that lineup.

Rachel is excellent, indicated by how she is winning her time slot. O'Donnell is so-so.

I'm a regular viewer from 8 on - I'm allowed to stay up. I must admit without Trump the news is less exciting. He was an incredible train wreck.

Enjoy your MLB - I went from NY Giant (baseball) fanatic to root for the previously hated NY Yankees under Joe Torre. Loved Hidecki.
    Now, for me. it's the March Madness. Gonzaga is my alma mater where I played freshman ball. Don't ask when.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 01:48 PM
    Gonzaga is my alma mater where I played freshman ball. Don't ask when.
    Gonzaga was my perennial favorite when they were a Cinderella team. Now they just dominate . I am a Jayhawk fan . Now I guess I should add Clemson as they are my new local team .
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 01:53 PM
    Gonzaga was my perennial favorite when they were a Cinderella team. Now they just dominate
    I know what you mean. It's time for them to finally win one.

Now I guess I should add Clemson as they are my new local team .
    Great football program.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 02:06 PM
    Just looked at my bracket . I have Gonzaga and the Jayhawks facing off in the elite 8 with Kansas going to the final 4 .I spent 4 years at a Kansas college and did a lot of my research work at Lawrence .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2021, 02:29 PM
    Now I guess I should add Clemson as they are my new local team .
    I bet you are just a hop, skip, and jump away from my retired sister in Murrells Inlet!!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2021, 04:08 PM
    Funny you should say that . I am about 4 hrs away . But am going there this weekend to run my dogs in an AKC agility trial

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you tell if my compost is composting or just rotting? [ 1 Answers ]

This is the first time I try composting. It smell very uncomfortable. How do you tell if my compost is composting or just rotting? I am very worried.

Using compost to regrade lawn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an older house with a well-settled yard. It has settled quite a bit around the foundation so there is now a dip directing water into my basement wall. I know I need to regrade, and I want to put a patio back there while I'm at it, so I don't care about the lawn in the area I need...

My boyfriend lied to me for months and I lied to him once just recently, what do I do [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I started dating June 4th 2010 & He cheated on me in September and I didn't know until November when he had cheated on me again and I found out that one in a bad way.. He didn't tell me the truth about how he cheated or anything... I broke up with him when I found out (The day...

Is Mushroom Compost good for turf topdressing for fighting fungus? [ 0 Answers ]

Fighting fungus in yard with compost and cornmeal.

Compost [ 1 Answers ]

What food waste can I compost and what will not compost? Can I put bread in? Thanks.

View more questions Search