Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkaufman Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2021, 11:36 AM
    Shower Basket Support Options
    Hello,
    Got a shower basket - https://www.amazon.com/KOKOSIRI-16-I.../dp/B08GKVKM7H
    to attach to drywall over shower tile. Tile does NOT go to ceiling, There is about 18" drywall between where tile ends and ceiling.

Can fix one screw on the stud. the other would be on drywall (with anchor).

Concerned that just two screws might not be able to support the Basket and was thinking of attaching some clamps spaced every few wires in the diagram.
    What are some other options that is also NOT ugly that would get S.O's approval also?

A clamp I looked at is
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...oduct-overview
    Attached Images

InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 10:49 AM
    You could use a 3/4 board securely attached to stud with 2 1/2 - 3" screws. Put some liquid nail or caulking on back for additional stability.

Then mount the basket to that board.

This gives you some finishing options too. You can router the edges, paint or stain. Carve some details. Whatever you want.

In commercial applications, we affix plywood between the studs prior to wall board installation. If there is access, you can screw some wood to the studs right behind the wall board, to act as blocking for the bracket. Then you don't need any anchors or clamps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are options around shower surrounds [ 1 Answers ]

What are the options for wall covering leading to the fiberglass shower surround? The transition from sheetrock to the fiberglass shower is my biggest concern. I am also curious if tiling the 12" from the top of shower wall to ceiling is typical.

Two families, child support high, options? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are having our first child. He pays a lot of child support for his son who he only sees on weekends. The mother is remarried and they now a child together. We are barely getting by when it seems they are doing well. I live in CA so the child support laws are strict. I want to find...

I pay child support and will like to know my options on visitation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum and will accept any legal advice that is given in good faith. Here is a little back ground. I am a noncustodial parent (male) I have resonable visitation rights( can someone explian that to me?). I currently live 50 miles away from my child, and I don't have a...

Custom Dimensioned Shower Base Options [ 1 Answers ]

I'm designing a custom dimensioned shower to maximize space in an oddly shaped room. The shower will be constructed between 3 permanent walls and will use a "partial" neo-angle frameless glass wall and door. What is my best option in terms of appearance and durability? Poured concrete? Or...

Remodel options needed: Replace bath with shower [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking at removing a standard fiberglass bathtub/shower enclosure and installing a tiled shower. What are my options for the base of the shower? I've seen one or two products online that are cultured marble bases with tile inserts that fit right into the old bathtub rough opening. They...

View more questions Search