Apr 13, 2021, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Yes I see what you mean.
    Good.

I didn't expect you to understand.
    Good.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 13, 2021, 05:31 PM
    It might not be easy to understand but if you keep reading it might come to you.

I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. truth revealed in Scripture alone. God’s Word is sufficient and has the highest authority for all of life. Not the Bible and our own little fundamentalist predilections that we like to stick in there. Not the Bible and our own little legalistic tags. Not the Bible and anything at all. Just the Bible. The Bible tells us what the Bible means...not an infusion of God’s enabling power so that we may then work our own way towards a final redemptive conclusion, but the imputation of the righteousness of Christ; a forensic thing, so that it is all outside of me. All of my salvation is outside of me in the ultimate sense.

The Bible is the very breath of the living God; being God’s breath, it is of life and can impart life to us.

Don't you see? There is nothing But God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    Everything I have is in Jesus.
    You, Me, Hank, the World Doesn't exist...it's all going to pass away!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2021, 05:33 PM
    I believe
    You lose a lot of people when you start with that perspective. You might want to explain WHY you believe what you believe. Not a criticism. Simply a suggestion.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2021, 05:46 PM
    It might not be easy to understand but if you keep reading it might come to you.

I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. truth revealed in Scripture alone. God’s Word is sufficient and has the highest authority for all of life. Not the Bible and our own little fundamentalist predilections that we like to stick in there. Not the Bible and our own little legalistic tags. Not the Bible and anything at all. Just the Bible. The Bible tells us what the Bible means...not an infusion of God’s enabling power so that we may then work our own way towards a final redemptive conclusion, but the imputation of the righteousness of Christ; a forensic thing, so that it is all outside of me. All of my salvation is outside of me in the ultimate sense.

The Bible is the very breath of the living God; being God’s breath, it is of life and can impart life to us.

Don't you see? There is nothing But God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    Everything I have is in Jesus.
    You, Me, Hank, the World Doesn't exist...it's all going to pass away!
    Your beliefs are irrelevant. Nobody cares. You've been saying the same thing for weeks now. Do you know the definition of insanity? Don't talk your beliefs here, live them where they can do some good. Then come back and tell us what you're learned by living.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2021, 05:46 PM
    I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. truth revealed in Scripture alone
    Pretend you met me for the first time at the grocery store. We discovered, while standing in line at the deli, that we live on the same street and know some of the same people. You asked me if I attend any church. I vigorously shake my head "no" and say, "Yuk!" Walter, what would you say to me in response?
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2021, 05:57 PM
    Don't talk your beliefs here
    He's doing what we all do. We voice our beliefs and discuss them. He does at least know why he believes what he believes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2021, 05:58 PM
    Well I suppose when you cannot explain the very real lies and scams of the lying crook dufus that got booted from office and his continuing shenanigans that destroy the fabric of decency and democracy, the proselytizing about divinity makes you feel better.

Why not just apologize and get about fixing your screw up fringe true believers.

Apr 13, 2021, 06:01 PM
    I truly wish waltero would state his beliefs very simply.
    I was simply responding to WG Wish.

I Don't know where Athos and WG are coming from half the time. They act like they don't have a clue. You say Tomato they say tomahto. There's a reason why some people Don't like it when people Quote the Bible. 

I may believe and I may proclaim only the truths that we are authorized to believe and proclaim by the teaching of the Twelve.

All of my salvation is outside of me. It is because of what another has done for me.

My Posts are more a personal log.

Nobody cares. You've been saying the same thing for weeks now.
    You have been responding. You obviously care.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2021, 06:40 PM
    I was simply responding to WG Wish.
    Pretend you met me for the first time at the grocery store. We discovered, while standing in line at the deli, that we live on the same street and know some of the same people. You asked me if I attend any church. I vigorously shake my head "no" and say, "Yuk!" Walter, what would you say to me in response?

Apr 13, 2021, 06:48 PM
    what would you say to me in response?
    That's like asking me to pose for a picture. I Don't pose for pictures.
    Doesn't feel Natural. I don't have an already made response.
    Depends, What would you be Wearing ;-)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2021, 07:06 PM
    That's like asking me to pose for a picture. I Don't pose for pictures.
    Doesn't feel Natural. I don't have an already made response.
    Depends, What would you be Wearing ;-)
    That surprises me. You've been so verbal and forthcoming so far. I wondered how you would begin to witness to someone who is somewhat resistant. (I'll be wearing a blue cotton knit shirt and charcoal pants. I'll be eating a chocolate ice cream cone.)
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2021, 07:38 PM
    I'll give a shot at it. I'd ask you if there was a reason why you do not attend church.

Apr 13, 2021, 10:58 PM
    I'll give a shot at it. I'd ask you if there was a reason why you do not attend church.
    Is that Directed at me? Even so...I like to get as much Church and Prayer in as Possible. any Church, any day every day. No better place for a sinner, like me, to be. Can never not ever get enough Prayer. Or praise to God.
    I wondered how you would begin to witness someone who is somewhat resistant.
    I would most likely jokingly Play with her/him, with such a response (Scowl).
    Get them to laugh would be a good starter.

From what I gather, a few of you don't Believe in the Bible. My last response (I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. Truth revealed in Scripture alone) was intended to fill you in on what the Bible means to me.  My belief is the Bible. (Not the Bible and anything at all. Just the Bible.) Without it I am Hopeless. There might be some who would say "I believe in Jesus," Point being you can't have one without the other.

Salvation is outside of "self. "Please explain.
    All of my salvation is outside of me. It is because of what another has done for me.
    Does that help?

I expect ridicule from Athos, being that he has a problem with the Subject matter.
    The Bible tells us what the Bible means
    Athos challenges the Bible, "Here you (Bible) are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid."

Pretty much the same thing as: The Pharisees- challenged Jesus/Bible, "Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid."
    I truly Hope you realize how important it is to take the Whole Bible as The whole truth and nothing but the Truth.

This is my truth

I believe we are witnesses, and we witness to the truth of Scripture. truth revealed in Scripture alone. God’s Word is sufficient and has the highest authority for all of life. Not the Bible and our own little fundamentalist predilections that we like to stick in there. Not the Bible and our own little legalistic tags. Not the Bible and anything at all. Just the Bible. The Bible tells us what the Bible means...not an infusion of God’s enabling power so that we may then work our own way towards a final redemptive conclusion, but the imputation of the righteousness of Christ; a forensic thing, so that it is all outside of me (me myself and I). All of my salvation is outside of me in the ultimate sense.

This ones for you Athos

Jesus has already worked out your salvation.

But, but, but what about Philippians 2:12

(It is clear from the context of the first two chapters of Philippians, that working out our own salvation has nothing to do with working to be saved. Instead it has everything to do with working for the Lord and others because we are saved.)

You are sensible people. You must examine the Scriptures, and you must come to your own conclusions.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 04:41 AM
    Is that Directed at me?
    No. It was a response to WG's question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2021, 09:07 AM
    I would most likely jokingly Play with her/him, with such a response (Scowl).
    Get them to laugh would be a good starter.
    Bravo, waltero! That is EXACTLY what I would do -- first get to know them, get them relaxed and feeling at ease with me. And it works!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2021, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yes, I've told you. I'm wheelchair bound and homebound. Church comes to me via Facebook/YouTube. The congregation I belong to posts services, plus I tune into the services at a Lutheran pastor friend's church in Ontario, Canada, PLUS I watch the services at a church I used to belong to in Taylorsville, NC. The wonder and beauty of YouTube is that these services are visual as well as auditory, I can replay them throughout the week, and I can connect with the pastors (and even members) with messaging and by phone.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 09:56 AM
    Then I would congratulate you for continuing to attend church in the manner that you can. But why would you have said, "Yuk"? Is attending church a negative to you?

"You asked me if I attend any church. I vigorously shake my head "no" and say, "Yuk!"

How's the hubby doing? Better, I hope.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2021, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Then I would congratulate you for continuing to attend church in the manner that you can. But why would you have said, "Yuk"? Is attending church a negative to you?

"You asked me if I attend any church. I vigorously shake my head "no" and say, "Yuk!"
    What happened to your imagination, JL??? I put together a scenario to challenge waltero regarding his evangelism efforts. (The chocolate ice cream cone wasn't a tipoff???)

After a week of tests, there was no definitive diagnosis, so they sent him home yesterday afternoon. He's trying to get rid of the wobblyness from being mostly bedbound for seven days.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2021, 11:05 AM
    What happened to your imagination, JL??? I put together a scenario to challenge waltero regarding his evangelism efforts. (The chocolate ice cream cone wasn't a tipoff???)
    That was the scenario I was responding to. Next thing I know, I'm talking to someone who watches church repeatedly. Oh well.

After a week of tests, there was no definitive diagnosis, so they sent him home yesterday afternoon. He's trying to get rid of the wobblyness from being mostly bedbound for seven days.
    Bummer, but I'm sure he's glad he's home.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2021, 11:21 AM
    @Walt

If you follow The Christ as your savior, why then are you not a Jew as he was, or did I miss his conversion?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Paean to the Republicans and Their Cult Leader Trump by Me and My Friend [ 24 Answers ]

Back in the year 2000 my conservative friend was all excited about the incoming George W Bush administration. Eight years of peace, prosperity and a balanced budget under Bill Clinton was just more than he could stand. After all, he had sex with an intern and had a D after his name. I warned...

Trump Taking Taxpayer Money for His Own Use [ 351 Answers ]

On Air Force flights from the US to Kuwait delivering supplies, a C17 was required to stop at an airport located near a Trump golf course in Scotland. There the flight purchased 1,000 gallons of aviation fuel at a price much higher than available at a US Air Force base. The crew was put up at...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

View more questions Search