Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 03:11 PM
    It is you who are grasping at straws
    How's that?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Proving a negative in the Bible is a breeze. For instance, if you ask me, "Show me the places where Jesus endorsed using the internet for research," I would reply by saying that there are no such scriptures. It is simply saying that no such scriptures exist. So you are grasping at any convenient excuse. Proving a negative amongst a finite, known set of possibilities is not difficult.
    Thank you so much for posting that. If there had been any doubt about your not understanding what proving a negative means, you have removed all doubt by your post.

I suggest again, ask around what it means so you can regain at least a semblance of knowing what you're talking about.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 04:43 PM
    Goodness. The lengths you will go to in order to avoid answering a simple question is astonishing.

1. If my statement about proving a negative was incorrect, then show how it was. Due to Aquinas, I have no confidence in your assertions at all. I'm confident I know what I'm talking about in that regard.

2. If you stop and think a few minutes, you will realize that I am not asking you to prove a negative. I am not asking if something does NOT exist. I am asking if something DOES exist. To be exact, I am asking if a passage DOES EXIST in which Jesus says there will be no judgment. It's a simple, straight-forward question. If you know of one, then post it. I'll post the question below so you can see that you are not being asked to demonstrate the NON existence of something, but rather that something (a passage) DOES exist.

"But since you claim, I suppose, to be familiar with the Gospels, let me issue a challenge. Show us in those Gospels the places where Jesus said that there will be no day of judgment coming." So showing us where Jesus DID say something is clearly not asking you to prove a negative.

But we both know you will not. You won't because to admit that you cannot positively affirm the existence of such a scripture would damage your already frail position that there is no day of judgment coming. Everyone here knows that is the case. And if you don't want to answer, then fine. We can just drop it. It's not worth this much drama over a simple question.

You asked about me. For whatever importance you think it is, I am white. I don't claim any religious affiliations other than being a Jesus-following Christian. That one I cling to with great passion.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 05:20 PM
    cut out the argy bargy, it gets old
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 06:15 PM
    I don’t know what “arghy Bargy” is. I am not here to please you. You don’t have to read any of this if you don’t want to.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    cut out the argy bargy, it gets old
    I agree it gets old, but he can't help it. He keeps repeating himself. His "prove a negative" posts get worse and worse as he digs that ditch deeper with each post. I've tried to help him understand but he's not a good listener.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 06:18 PM
    You’re just afraid to answer. Too bad. You can’t even figure out that you are not faced with proving a negative. I can’t make it any more simple. I’ll just answer it fir you. I know of no such passage. Finished.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2021, 06:31 PM
    I know of no such passage. Finished.
    So my Uncle Elmer, plus most of China and India and many lefties in the US, will not make the Judgment Day cut and will roast in hellfire forever because Jesus sent them there?
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 06:58 PM
    Jesus doesn’t like lefties?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 07:01 PM
    You’re just afraid to answer. Too bad. You can’t even figure out that you are not faced with proving a negative. I can’t make it any more simple. I’ll just answer it fir you. I know of no such passage. Finished.
    Now, now, JL, you know what they say about answering your own question. What they say is the answer was pre-determined and asking for an answer was a false move since you wouldn't accept any answer given that did not agree with you. That's not nice, Jl.

I think you're suffering from ADS (Athos Derangement Syndrome). This explains the hate you are exhibiting here. You should try to control your anger/hate because it leads to an ulcer or, worse, a stroke.

For someone who is a self-proclaimed educator, not knowing what proving a negative means casts doubt on your claim. It also reflects badly on your other stated claims of your volunteer work and your Christianity, not to speak of your tendency to self-congratulate. Was any of that true? Do you know what a troll is?

A glass of warm milk at bedtime might help you calm yourself. Even better, add a thimble of Irish whiskey.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2021, 07:11 PM
    Many meaningless words and yet no answer. So terribly fearful.

Here it is again if it helps. Do you know of any passage where Jesus said there will be no judgment?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 09:28 PM
    Do you know of any passage where Jesus said there will be no judgment?
    Asked and answered - by yourself.

You didn't answer any of my questions: Was any of that true? Do you know what a troll is?

Or WG's point?

Did you drink your milk?
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 05:29 AM
    Was any of that true?
    No. It was just your desperate attempt to divert attention away from your incredible reluctance to answer a simple question. Here it is again if it helps. Do you know of any passage where Jesus said there will be no judgment?

"Do you know what a troll is?" Yes.

"Or WG's point?" She had no point.

Not difficult, is it?

Asked and answered - by yourself.
    A little refreshing moment of honesty. I congratulate you. A little more honesty would have helped you to admit that I had to answer it since you would not. And even a little more would have let you admit that everyone, including you, already knew the answer anyway.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 09:54 AM
    "Or WG's point?" She had no point.
    Oh, yes, she did! Should I clarify it -- simplify it -- for you?
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 10:01 AM
    As clarification, you had a question. You made no point.

I replied and you have not answered.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 10:22 AM
    Stop feeding the booty sensitive troll unless running around in a big circle turns your crank. I thought the subject was how to raise kids and address their individual needs. Can we start with the premise it's a community shared issue where everybody plays a crucial role, not just parents? Kids need more than JUST school education for a healthy balanced development, as schools are also the social hub of the neighborhood for interactions and activities for kids as well as parents and teachers, and even the community leaders which does include the religious foundations.

I can't address Clete's seemingly isolated incident, but I hope it's not a red flag that we have ignored here in this country which has all but ravaged our already struggling community systems.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Can we start with the premise it's a community shared issue where everybody plays a crucial role, not just parents? Kids need more than JUST school education for a healthy balanced development
    Yes, it takes a village to raise a child.

Here's a good article about that:
    https://smartparentadvice.com/it-tak...other%20adults.
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 01:01 PM
    I can agree with that so long as a strong healthy family environment is considered to be the foundation.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 01:10 PM
    I can agree with that so long as a strong healthy family environment is considered to be the foundation.
    If that exists, there's no need for the village.

And that healthy family environment won't be the case, as you often point out. We don't live in a perfect world, thus the need for the village to surround and support each family.
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 02:43 PM
    If that exists, there's no need for the village.
    So healthy families don't need police services, med services, schools, nursing homes, etc.???

And that healthy family environment won't be the case, as you often point out. We don't live in a perfect world, thus the need for the village to surround and support each family.
    Why won't it be the case most of the time?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Cop on Murder Rampage. [ 106 Answers ]

So when are the lefties going to be calling for Banning Police as a result of this lunatics actions? After All cop kills people... therefore we need to ban cops... like their recent foaming at the mouth fever to ban guns because some lunatic shot some kids. ... Transcript RAY SUAREZ:...

Movie from my youth... [ 1 Answers ]

It's possibly from the early 90's. A group of young aliens (possibly in their late teens/early twentys)respond to the War of the Worlds radio broadcast & crashland into a small country town during Halloween. They are hunted by a robot from they're home planet which was sent to destroy them....

15 Youth caught shoplift, 18 youth also charge [ 1 Answers ]

Youth 18 , New offender of shoplifting with a 15 boyfriend, a headphone in question was found in the 15 year old. But the 18 year old also receive appear to court, the likely outcome is what the parent concern.

View more questions Search