Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2021, 03:42 PM
    Youth on the rampage
    https://www.news.com.au/national/wes...0bc6e00856f09b

so what is to be done with youth who simply don't play by the rules. All too often such events are staged so it can be filmed, uploaded and go viral, but what is viral is the attitude behind it. How have we failed these youth the left will say, when what is needed is some old fashioned discipline

what I say is let the whallopers at them, some police station discipline instead of been sent home to contemplate their next act of rebellion. This happen in an institution for youth who don't fit in but putting them all together isn't a good idea. Next stop reform school and life of crime
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 04:06 AM
    what I say is let the whallopers at them, some police station discipline instead of been sent home to contemplate their next act of rebellion.
    Yup The police used to be good at therapeutic massages for attitude adjustments
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Yup The police used to be good at therapeutic massages for attitude adjustments
    No doubt you approve of today's attitude adjustment being a bullet in the back.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 04:59 AM
    That is a sad reflection on what society has become in some places
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:03 AM
    No doubt you approved of the Capitol police officer shooting an unarmed military vet women point blank for attempting to climb through a window into the Capitol.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:11 AM
    No doubt you approved of the Capitol police officer shooting an unarmed military vet women point blank in the head for attempting to climb through a window into the Capitol.
    Absolutely. She was in the vanguard of a crazed group trying to enter a space to kill as many as they could and crashing through windows and doors with murder on their minds. Like any criminal killed by police exercising their lawful duty, she was entirely at fault.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:17 AM
    same was true of the incident you describe as "a bullet in the back" . Content is helpful .
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:47 AM
    same was true of the incident you describe as "a bullet in the back" . Content is helpful .
    I didn't describe any "incident". Of course, it's easy to see I was referring to cops murdering blacks by illegally shooting them down. More than once, it was a bullet in the back as the man was fleeing.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:52 AM
    You were referring to Jacob Blake . Shot in back "fleeing " aka brandishing a knife and attempting to kidnap children that were in the car he was entering .
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:58 AM
    You were referring to Jacob Blake . Shot in back "fleeing " aka brandishing a knife and attempting to kidnap children that were in the car he was entering .
    I was NOT referring to Jacob Blake! How could you possibly know who I was referring to? I was referring in a generic sense to the bad conduct of so many police in the last few years - encouraged by Trump, I might add.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 01:58 PM
    I see you have hijacked the theme which was youth in crisis the so called "broken babies" as a parent who went through ten years of hell with such a child I welcome discussion of the issue which has nothing to do with race
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I welcome discussion of the issue which has nothing to do with race
    There can be so very many explanations -- e.g., a physical or mental problem, peer influences, being bullied, an autism spectrum disorder that affects a child's ability to understand spoken instructions, to socialize, and to express themselves and their feelings.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 03:46 PM
    wasn't hijacked . Your second paragraph was what I went with

what I say is let the whallopers at them, some police station discipline instead of been sent home to contemplate their next act of rebellion.

Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:50 PM
    still a lead in to what to do with troubled youth, one solution is harsh discipline, rarely does that seem to work and often makes the problem worse, another solution is to take them out of the home environment, I'm never sure that works either because loss of identity is a negative, even a third is what was tried here; a special school, obviously they learned little in a loose discipline environment. I think you have to abandon the idea of educating them in the traditional way and make them task oriented so success improves self worth
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2021, 06:07 PM
    How could you possibly know who I was referring to?
    Perhaps he used the same wondrous power you used when you were able, merely by watching a video, to discern that a crowd of thousands was composed largely of evangelical Christians.

How soon you forget.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 07:49 PM
    deflecting again
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2021, 08:10 PM
    still a lead in to what to do with troubled youth, one solution is harsh discipline, rarely does that seem to work and often makes the problem worse, another solution is to take them out of the home environment, I'm never sure that works either because loss of identity is a negative, even a third is what was tried here; a special school, obviously they learned little in a loose discipline environment. I think you have to abandon the idea of educating them in the traditional way and make them task oriented so success improves self worth
    It has to start with healthy families. In my years of schooling, that was the key. It wasn't a guarantee, but it does give the best chance. I have long loved the text that reads, “And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” The nurture is the affectionate side while the admonition is the discipline side. The hard part is knowing which part to employ. It is difficult.

We have erred in our country in believing that the state can replace the family. It absolutely cannot.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 09:24 PM
    Yes we know this but this isn't a perfect society and parents are far from perfect. When you discipline and they are unresponsive where do you go from there
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2021, 05:41 AM
    When you discipline and they are unresponsive where do you go from there
    My experience was that if, if, if I had the parent's cooperation with me as a school principal, then only rarely did that happen. Saying we are all not "perfect" isn't much of a response. We need, as parents, churches, and schools, to become less imperfect and more serious about what we are doing. It's why I frequently mention the out of wedlock birth rate here, a subject about which you seem to have but little interest. It's a devastating statistic that we should all be shocked about. It's part of the reason I mention abortion. We can't advance any real morality with our young people when we are killing them in the womb. Young people have enough sense to see the utter hypocrisy in that.

The biggest mistake I saw parents make is to be too permissive when the children were young, even down to two or three years old. It's those early years when the parents establish their authority. I saw parents allow just about anything on the theory that they are being "cute". Well, give it five or ten more years and it won't be cute anymore, but it can be too late at that point.

But as to your question, once a teen reaches that point, then it's up to the cops and courts. If it was up to me, they would be sent to old fashioned work farms. Put a hoe in his hand for ten hours a day, six days a week, and see if that gets through to him. No brutality, but a good whipping can perform wonders as well. Stick them in the army for three years.

I do hope your child managed to get back on course in life. I know that can be a very tough situation to deal with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2021, 10:23 AM
    a good whipping can perform wonders
    Yes, the wonders of the child's/teen's attitude becoming more cunning and secretive, greatly resentful, and full of hate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Cop on Murder Rampage. [ 106 Answers ]

So when are the lefties going to be calling for Banning Police as a result of this lunatics actions? After All cop kills people... therefore we need to ban cops... like their recent foaming at the mouth fever to ban guns because some lunatic shot some kids. ... Transcript RAY SUAREZ:...

Movie from my youth... [ 1 Answers ]

It's possibly from the early 90's. A group of young aliens (possibly in their late teens/early twentys)respond to the War of the Worlds radio broadcast & crashland into a small country town during Halloween. They are hunted by a robot from they're home planet which was sent to destroy them....

15 Youth caught shoplift, 18 youth also charge [ 1 Answers ]

Youth 18 , New offender of shoplifting with a 15 boyfriend, a headphone in question was found in the 15 year old. But the 18 year old also receive appear to court, the likely outcome is what the parent concern.

View more questions Search