Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 04:49 PM
    Lincoln Project .
    Now that the have accomplished their mission of denying Trump a second term they are being cancelled and assigned to the trash bin of history .

George Conway: Lincoln Project must give 'full explanation of what happened' (yahoo.com)

Inside the Lincoln Project: Claims of harassment, sexism, ‘toxic’ workplace (usatoday.com)

Lincoln Project's fundraising page down as scandals mount (nypost.com)

The swift death of the media darlings known as the Lincoln Project | TheHill

here is the cliff notes . For as long as I can remember the Dems and the press have found useful idiots in the Repub ranks to serve their purpose . Then when they have done the Dem's bidding ,they get thrown over the bus. The Lincoln Project was not really about Politics. It was about Grift. Weaver Preyed on young men.
    They all Preyed on Rich Anti-Trump donors, raking\in tens of millions of dollars. With most of that money going to enrich themselves. Trump was just their fundraising tool. More proof that the swamp is bi-partisan in it's corruption.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2021, 06:22 PM
    Whatever got rid of the dufus I was for, and it can't be as bad as coddling white supremists who were on "STAND BY". At least require they put their hoods back on.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 06:40 PM
    you mean you can't tell a white supremist by the look and smell, or do you just want to cover their faces?
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 07:41 AM
    The Lincoln project turned out to be a money making enterprise that the compliant press bought into because they were anti-Trump. They were ineffective as a political force. So you can believe they had a hand in Trump's defeat .But it just wasn't so.
    The Real Story About “Never Trump” Republicans - The Daily Poster
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 08:39 AM
    Which way was it? 8D

Now that they have accomplished their mission of denying Trump a second term
    They were ineffective as a political force.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 12:57 PM
    When 1st posted I was unaware of the fact that their campaign did not contributed to Trump's defeat . Their main accomplishment was fund raising for pocket lining . The apparent success was another Twitter deception. Their tweets drew thousand of followers retweeting .
    But according to Repub Senate Super Pac's Steve Law "We ran against @ProjectLincoln in every one of these races. Their ads were inside-the-Beltway terrible and they clearly pocketed most of the cash rather than putting it onscreen."
    (10) Steven Law on Twitter: "We ran against @ProjectLincoln in every one of these races. Their ads were inside-the-beltway terrible and they clearly pocketed most of the cash rather than putting it onscreen. Schumer wasted his $$$ on them." / Twitter

Instead of reaching Repubs ;they were reaching Dems already determined to defeat Trump. In fact the Senate Dem Pac donated $2 million to the Lincolns .

What it means going forward is that there is no real meaningful opposition to Trump or "Trumpism " in the ranks of the GOP . The Lincoln project is discredited and there was very little opposition to Trump during the show trial .

Last week as the story was developing more members of the group came forward . They contradicted the narrative that co founder Steve Sshmidt advanced ;that they did not know about co founder John Weaver's perversions until January . They in fact knew about it as early as March of last year .
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 01:01 PM
    Their attitude was basically that anything goes so long as Trump goes. I have a funny feeling that a few months of left wing governance will go at least some direction towards correcting that. And I'm not a fan of Trump, but he looks better all the time compared to Harris/Biden/Pelosi/AOC.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 01:20 PM
    AOC would have slogged through the snow and brought you food and water. Ted Cruz would have ... wait, where did he go? he was here just a minute ago, packing his suitcase full of short-sleeved t-shirts shirts and cotton knit shorts.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 01:50 PM
    Ted Cruz is unfit to be a politician ! He admitted he was wrong..... something no politician ever does (just listen to il duce these days ....He has perfected the art of denial ,)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Ted Cruz is unfit to be a politician ! He admitted he was wrong.....
    There was no conflict in deciding where to be--in his own state, helping its citizens, or relaxing in Cancun.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 03:11 PM
    He's a legend . He went there to lasso the sun to bring it back to Texas . He screwed up and admitted it . That puts him a mile above that pos il duce .
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 06:17 PM
    taking a winter holiday, how can you refuse the man that?
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 06:19 PM
    and besides Cancun can be a dangerous place. The man was protecting his family.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and besides Cancun can be a dangerous place. The man was protecting his family.
    Why was his family in Cancun?
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 08:01 PM
    don't you listen? taking a winter holiday
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    don't you listen? taking a winter holiday
    Because.... oh, yeah, Texas was majorly suffering from snow and ice and extreme cold. Burst pipes, no electricity, no heat, no warm meals. Nuts to your constituents. Go to Cancun for a warm, sunny vacation in an expensive hotel and eat pricey meals.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 08:57 PM
    I have to side with WG on this one. It was incredibly dumb. Was it even close to what Cuomo did in NY? No, but still stupid.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 09:16 PM
    if he weren't a politician you would have nothing to say about it
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2021, 04:35 AM
    Pols undertake leadership. Leaders don't run off to Cancun while everyone else suffers.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2021, 04:40 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President lincoln [ 3 Answers ]

The raliroad boom began in1862 when president Lincoln signed what?

Project topics for undergraduates final year project [ 2 Answers ]

I need accounting project topics for my final year project for undergraduates

Project topics in accounting for my final year project [ 1 Answers ]

I need three topics in accounting for my final year project as an undergradute

How does a change in a project's cost of capital affect the project's IRR [ 1 Answers ]

How does a change in the cost of capital affect the project's internal rate of return

Abe lincoln [ 1 Answers ]

What are all the intresting facts you know about abraham lincoln? I need some help How did lincoln get his nick-name "honest abe" ?

View more questions Search