Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2021, 11:39 AM
    Students and alumni of Harvard University are signing a letter, titled, “Revoke Their Degrees,” which asks Harvard’s leadership to take action against Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, and former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany by banning them from campus and stripping them of their degrees.
    They will keep pushing this and it will turn out ugly. Liberal dems have now become the wealthy elite.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    They will keep pushing this and it will turn out ugly. Liberal dems have now become the wealthy elite.
    They get more like conservative repubs and their wealthy elites everyday which is sad, but it's always been that way in truth. No less sad, but reality.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2021, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Today's Black lister is Chris Harrison ;host of The Bachelor .
    And what did he do ? Nothing .
    What happened was that Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant on the show in 2018 attended an 'Old South 'themed dance in college . I'm sure she was dressed up as a Southern Belle and not a white hooded KKK member . The social media thought police started looking for the dirt when she became a contestant and it did not take long for the fire storm to start .

Now what has that to do with Harrison ? Well initially he would not condemn her and withheld judgment. “We all need to have a little grace, a little understanding, a little compassion.” Then he made the unpardonable sin of saying he was not the "woke police" .

Wrong !! In the cancel culture you are either part of the solution or part of the problem . Non-commitment is as good as guilty . He is guilty of refusing to condemn her .

His punishment ? Last week he announced he was 'stepping aside ' as host of the show .
    This is pretty much true as tomder has described it. I would add that Chris Harrison made the most abject apology I have ever heard, yet he was still roundly criticized by two commentators on cable TV last night. It was suggested that he only made the apology because he "got caught", and that his apology represented an example of "white privilege".

Is a sincere apology never accepted? If so, that is not a road anyone should be taking - right or left.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 07:27 PM
    Loons and morons on both sides. They're every friggin where!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 07:08 AM
    Today's black lister is Heather Mewshaw ,who makes a living doing sign language interpretations for speakers . She has done so for 21 years. She was used as an interpreter for the Quid White House standing beside Press Secretary Jen Psaki during one of her press briefings . She was hired by the White House in November and had done a few for the Trump team also.

She had also in the past did signing for some right wing videos . She says the goal of her signing is about giving the deaf access and it is not political . “Deaf people just want a chance to decide for themselves what information is out there,” she said.'

The Compost wrote :
    [The interpreter] who appeared in the White House coronavirus briefing on Monday beside press secretary Jen Psaki was identified by deaf and hard-of-hearing advocates and Time Magazine, fueling questions about the White House’s vetting process and what could have happened if [she] misinterpreted Biden officials or inserted her own bias. No one has publicly disputed her interpretation, but many questioned why the White House would legitimize her by giving [her] the national platform.
    …More than 3,500 people have signed a petition to have [the interpreter] banned from interpreting for the White House. Some indicated they intended to report her.

That petition by Change .org now has 9,000 signatures. She has not been officially fired ,but she may be blackballed . She has not appeared at the White House since .

A White House spokesman declined to comment beyond referring to an earlier, prepared statement that said, "The President and this administration have made a commitment to having an ASL interpreter at every press briefing and are working to follow through on that commitment every single day."

Just not using Mewshaw . She has been cancelled .
    Expert

Feb 18, 2021, 07:57 AM
    You call these event cancel culture but seems often private/government enterprises have chosen to mitigate their losses over controversy by getting rid of the controversy very quickly. Now it's on steroids'.

What did you expect? Loyalty? Fair play? Naw cheaper to get rid of the problem and everybody does the math. So go ahead and get to the politics of it and blame the dems.

That is your point isn't it?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 08:14 AM
    if the shoe fits wear it
    Expert

Feb 18, 2021, 08:30 AM
    I prefer to choose my own shoes thanks, as do you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 12:29 PM
    She had also in the past did signing for some right wing videos ..
    She did more than "signing for some right wing videos". She is a Trump supporter, founded a right-wing website, and controversially signed on January 6 for a right-wing video wearing a red MAGA hat.

Surely the Biden Administration has the right to choose their employees.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 02:38 PM
    Quid doesn't have the testicular fortitude to come right out and say .... you are fired .Instead his administration made a marshmallow generic statement about supporting signing .

Mewshaw would put on a MAGA hat if the hearing person was speaking as a Trump supporter or within a MAGA rally so she could “match” with the tone of the hearing person. If they were wearing sun glasses so would she . She admits that she is a Trump supporter . But that did NOT affect her professionalism . She knew that if she was working in the White House she could not display her preferences . And no one has accused her of doing so(despite the woke goon squad that photoshopped her in a MAGA hat while interpreting for Psaki .)

Yeah Quid can hire and fire as he pleases . Quid also says he wants to heal the nation and unify the nation yada yada yada . Apparently his base wants nothing to do with that .

The real beef is that anyone would sign for Trump or the right .That person must be cancelled .
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2021, 03:50 PM
    So much for tolerance.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 05:29 PM
    tolerance, who wants to be tolerated?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2021, 06:11 PM
    Quid doesn't have the testicular fortitude to come right out and say .... you are fired .Instead his administration made a marshmallow generic statement about supporting signing .
    Nobody was more of a marshmallow than Trump. He never had the balls to fire anyone face-to-face. He tweeted or had a flunkie do his dirty work - like the coward he was, is, and always will be.

Mewshaw would put on a MAGA hat if the hearing person was speaking as a Trump supporter or within a MAGA rally so she could “match” with the tone of the hearing person. If they were wearing sun glasses so would she
    Pure nonsense! She was a dedicated Trumpist - as you admit below.

. She admits that she is a Trump supporter ..... And no one has accused her of doing so(despite the woke goon squad that photoshopped her in a MAGA hat while interpreting for Psaki .)
    She admitted that she wore the MAGA hat - not photoshopped.

Quid also says he wants to heal the nation and unify the nation yada yada yada . Apparently his base wants nothing to do with that .
    It's the Republican/Trump base that wants nothing to do with unity, not Biden's. Your strategy of twisting everything a**-backards isn't working. It's a recognizable tactic used by the right-wing for many years.
    Expert

Feb 19, 2021, 08:03 AM
    I remember when the dufus was firing people for being part of the previous administration or someone they didn't want and the mantra then was a president has a right to name his own team, and everybody serves at the pleasure of the president.

When Joe does it then it's the cancel culture, and whomever has a right to keep working. Go figure.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2021, 12:49 PM
    It's the Republican/Trump base that wants nothing to do with unity, not Biden's.
    You mean as in the 1.9 tril vote buying scheme known as the Covid relief bill for which all repub input was rejected?
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2021, 08:46 PM
    I thought it was a given that the party in power ignores the advice of their opposition
    Expert

Feb 21, 2021, 11:56 AM
    If they have the votes they can ignore the minority party, especially since stalling and delays is all they can do.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 05:13 AM
    John Adams set the standard . Because he believed that everyone in a free country deserves a defense ,he defended the Brits involved in the Boston Massacre . There once was a time that the left in America trumpeted the importance of every American having the right to an attorney. Now, not so much.

Today's black listers are targets because they dared to defend Trump during the recent show trial .

Michael van der Leen's house was vandalized with smashed windows and ugly grafitti . He has been forced to hire armed guards for his protection and has move his wife and children to a secret location.

David Schoen has been cancelled . An offer to teach a civil rights class at a law school was rescinded after he took the job defending Trump.

If the left accuses you of something, you are automatically guilty, and no trial is needed. And anyone who disagrees is automatically guilty as well, and must be hounded and black listed .
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 05:52 PM
    Yes the left is unforgiving but Trump will be hounded until incarcerated and not even then will he be left alone. He had the affront to defeat the darling of the left and he did it without chicanery, He also denounced the left's so called victory
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 06:29 PM
    That is true . Cy Vance Jr is hounding him .

Trump loses Supreme Court appeal to shield tax records from NY prosecutor (cnbc.com)

and the left has a pack of hyenas nipping at his testicles .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About black list [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, My name is umer iqbal am I blacklist for uae.I already travel uae on visit visa.. but now he told me blacklist.not giving employement visa.. what is this.. please ans me

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

0 Search Results for Im blacklisted in dubai at 2007,now 5years past,can I entery to dubai or want something to clear?plls help me thnks

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

I am terminated by my company they not pay my due and visa now I am working in Doha. Now they asking me cancel visa without paying due. They are telling they will black list if I will not cancel my visa. Please help me can they do this or they forcing me cancel me without pay my dues.

You A E black list [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir, I was a employ of adnoc distribution in U A E. Unfortunately I was terminated from the job in 4/12/2010.then I go to office for cancellation I went their for more than 30 times ,they told me came after some days,I do the same thing for 6 months and the answer...

View more questions Search