Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 05:03 PM
    Nope. It's pure science.
    Except, of course, that you have no science to back it up. So yeah, it's just a belief.

Take off your blinders and read with your honesty glasses. Today's news: Guiliani's daughter is pansexual. Guess I'll post an article on what happens to fetuses and their chromosomes.
    Yes, I'm sure you will, just like you were going to give us the scientific evidence for those "broken chromosomes" you were so excited about a few weeks ago. Except, of course, that there is not a shred of evidence linking genetics to the transgender situation. There is no science to back up "pansexual", either. It's just the latest liberal fad, and you are gullible enough to run after them whenever they come around. So if you ever come up with anything in the SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE to back this stuff up, then feel free to post it. Note: "LGBT to the Highest" is not in the scientific literature. You are precisely where Romans 1 says you will be.

Then they say 'at least we tried '........while using other people's money .
    Exactly correct. It's the equivalent of A and B caring so much for C that they are willing to force D to give C some money, and then claim to be of high moral standing for doing so.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It has nothing to do with free thinking. It's science! We (humans, animals, insects, plants) are not strictly binary. Between male and female, there are many, many variations.

In fact, "the gender spectrum is an understanding that gender is not binary (female/male), but rather a spectrum of biological, mental and emotional traits that exist along a continuum. In contrast, the gender binary--also called gender binarism or genderism—is a belief that gender is composed of two distinct and opposite genders (female and male) in which there is not overlap."
    https://cadehildreth.com/gender-spectrum/

You cannot expect the non science group to embrace that which destroys their belief in the world they are comfortable with WG. I mean their heads are still exploding over gay marriage, minority voters, and climate change.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You cannot expect the non science group to embrace that which destroys their belief in the world they are comfortable with WG. I mean their heads are still exploding over gay marriage, minority voters, and climate change.
    ...and accepting POC as equals and as vital parts of society -- now on tv sitcoms and drama shows, in many ads on tv and in newspspers and magazines, as healthcare/education/political professionals. As Dr. Seuss titled his last children's book to be published, "Oh, the places [we'll] go!"
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 05:53 PM
    Just waiting to see all that science from the “science group”. In fact I’d like to see ANY science at all. Of course you might want to learn some science first. For instance, “it’s true cause I say so” is not actually science. Just sayin.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 07:24 PM
    science, the art of repeating an observation and concocting a theory based on that observation
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 07:33 PM
    Fraid not. You left off a step.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 07:34 PM
    Just waiting to see all that science from the “science group”.
    First, you have to understand these two terms: sex and gender.
    "The difference between sex and gender is that sex is a biological concept based on biological characteristics such as difference in genitalia in male and female. Gender, on the other hand, primarily deals with personal, societal and cultural perceptions of sexuality."

Males and females both possess 46 chromosomes, as well as two sex chromosomes. Females have two X chromosomes, whereas males possess 1 X chromosome and 1 Y chromosome.

Some women are born with a Y (male) chromosome, and men can have 2 or even 3 X (female) chromosomes. Intersex humans have sexual characteristics of both men and women. An estrogen drug, DES, was given to pregnant women from the '30s into the '70s in order to prevent miscarriage. Guess what happened when male-appearing babies were born!
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 07:40 PM
    What is your source?

Your definition of "gender" is a purely theoretical construct. Do you have any idea where that "definition" came from?

Some women are born with a Y (male) chromosome, and men can have 2 or even 3 X (female) chromosomes. Intersex humans have sexual characteristics of both men and women. An estrogen drug, DES, was given to pregnant women from the '30s into the '70s in order to prevent miscarriage. Guess what happened when male-appearing babies were born!
    Those are all well known genetic disorders. I studied some of them in college nearly 50 years ago. They have nothing to do with this insanity. These are the "genders" recognized in New York.
    1. Bi-gendered
    2. Cross-dresser
    3. Drag King
    4. Drag Queen
    5. Femme Queen
    6. Female-to-Male
    7. FTM
    8. Gender Bender
    9. Genderqueer
    10. Male-to-Female
    11. MTF
    12. Non-Op
    13. HIJRA
    14. Pangender
    15. Transexual/Transsexual
    16. Trans Person
    17. Woman
    18. Man
    19. Butch
    20. Two-Spirit
    21. Trans
    22. Agender
    23. Third Sex
    24. Gender Fluid
    25. Non-Binary Transgender
    26. Androgyne
    27. Gender Gifted
    28. Gender Blender
    29. Femme
    30. Person of Transgender Experience
    31. Androgynous
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 07:49 PM
    There appears to be much on the subject if not settled science.

Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity - Science in the News (harvard.edu)

A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity - PubMed (nih.gov)

Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs...with or without evidence.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2021, 04:19 AM

Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs...with or without evidence.
    so much for science which suggests that the science is settled and there can only be one belief
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2021, 05:52 AM
    Everyone is entitled to their own PERSONAL beliefs. I would agree with that, but when you start trying to impose those beliefs on the rest of us, you need more than simple belief.
    Expert

Mar 6, 2021, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    so much for science which suggests that the science is settled and there can only be one belief
    No, science suggests possibilities to explore until it is settled. You are free to believe whatever you choose!

Both can't be updated with new data.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2021, 01:04 PM
    everything can be updated with new data
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2021, 03:34 PM
    Clete, did the big quake near NZ affect you guys any?
    Expert

Mar 6, 2021, 06:08 PM
    No, science suggests possibilities to explore until it is settled. You are free to believe whatever you choose!

Both can't be updated with new data.
    Oops! Meant to type CAN be! Fat fingers me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2021, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Clete, did the big quake near NZ affect you guys any?
    There might have been some one foot waves at Norfolk Island. New Zealand is to far away and would deflect any Tsunami and the Kermadec Islands another 1,000 KM. One of my friends in NZ was woken by it. Thanks for your concern
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2021, 07:31 PM
    I somehow thought NZ was closer to you.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2021, 07:42 PM
    NZ is about 1,500 miles from where I live. We are a long way from anywhere here
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2021, 07:49 PM
    California has proposed a bill to ban boys and girls sections in toy and clothing stores to create a “safe space” for children.They want to fine retailers $1,000 for using the words “boy” and girl”
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2021, 08:01 PM
    You can always count on Cally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About black list [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, My name is umer iqbal am I blacklist for uae.I already travel uae on visit visa.. but now he told me blacklist.not giving employement visa.. what is this.. please ans me

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

0 Search Results for Im blacklisted in dubai at 2007,now 5years past,can I entery to dubai or want something to clear?plls help me thnks

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

I am terminated by my company they not pay my due and visa now I am working in Doha. Now they asking me cancel visa without paying due. They are telling they will black list if I will not cancel my visa. Please help me can they do this or they forcing me cancel me without pay my dues.

You A E black list [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir, I was a employ of adnoc distribution in U A E. Unfortunately I was terminated from the job in 4/12/2010.then I go to office for cancellation I went their for more than 30 times ,they told me came after some days,I do the same thing for 6 months and the answer...

View more questions Search