Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lolax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2021, 09:52 AM
    Is it load bearing?
    I have a small ranch home, only 21’ wide with 2x4 trusses and floor joists that are perpendicular to a wall I want to remove. The wall is above the beam in the basement but does not have any headers above the bedroom doorways. From the research I’ve done the trusses are queenpoint. I hope that is enough information to be able to tell me if the wall is loadbearing or not.
    Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Load bearing beam [ 2 Answers ]

Would doubled 2x12's suffice for a load bearing beam 16 feet long that holds roof truss in new england.

Load-bearing walls [ 1 Answers ]

What are the disadvantages of load-bearing walls(Brick-walls)

Load bearing beam [ 2 Answers ]

Just wanting to know if I can build a load bearing beam out of three 11-7/8" 2x12's for a span of 10 feet. with a nail pattern of 4 nails on each side at every 12". Would this pass inspection?

Load bearing walls [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 29 foot load bearing wall. I am going to leave 4 ft. then tear down a 7ft section and then will have 18 ft still standing. Will the wall still stand or do I need to support it somehow? Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Load bearing walls [ 1 Answers ]

When replacing a load bearing wall what size lumber do I need to support a second story floor when the opening is 16ft. This wall is in the center of the house which is 24ft wide

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.