Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btwnnmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2021, 05:33 AM
    Lennox G40UH Gas Furnace. Burners fail to ignite start.
    Lennox G40UH Gas Furnace. Burners fail to ignite start.

The other night started blowing cold air. I went to the attic and you could see the furnace cycling ON and OFF every 10 secs, (both LED always flashing green fast, never red), until the unit would shut off after 10-15 mins of cycling. The whole process would repeat all over again once it started getting cold in the house.
    People suggested tapping on the tapped on the primary limit switch. It didn't work for me.
    Help please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agRy...ature=youtu.be
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 12:26 PM
    There is an established process of troubleshooting a furnace and plenty of components that need to be checked in that process.

Check these first, 5 Reasons Why Your Furnace is Not Igniting? | Assured Comfort, after that it's knowledge and skill intensive.

As an example...How to fix LENNOX FURNACE. Burners failed to ignite start. Cleaning igniter flame sensor. Fixing DIY - YouTube

That's just the start as first you need to know how to interpret your furnace codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox g40uh error. Furnace won't heat [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox g40uh error "Primary or Secondary limit switch open" I have test the continuity on both limit switches and on the flame roll over switches. Along with a few other things. Could it be the control board?

York furnace two out of four burners fail to ignite [ 2 Answers ]

Two of my York Furnace burners ignite and the two closest to flame sensor fail to ignite causing lock out after three tries. I replaced flame sensor but burners closest to sensor don't ignite so must be another issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Blower does not run automatically on lennox g40uh(x) furnace [ 0 Answers ]

The thermostat sends the signal for heat and the exhaust fan goes on, but the blower fan does not start and the furnace does not ignite. The fan blower does work if I manually turn the fan to on (instead of auto) at the thermostat. I tried tapping on the limiters, but it doesn't seem to help. ...

I have a lennox elite series and the burners are failing to ignite, what can I do [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Elite Series sure light and the burners are failing to ignite, what can I do? I have replaced the filter, I have ensured there are no clogs...

Furnace burners fail to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE90 propane furnace. The ignitor glows but the gas does not get to the Ignitor without a little positive air movement toward the ignitor. Is this a gas pressure problem or is the gas orifice blocked? Or something else? If is is the orifice, is it removable and cleanable without...

View more questions Search