Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 09:01 AM
    A perfect description of the dufus years.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 09:31 AM
    We can all just hope that the Biden presidency is "dull" by having record low unemployment, positive GDP growth, energy independence, rolled back troop commitments to the Middle East, hundreds of thousands of new jobs in manufacturing, enormous growth in personal income, and the appointment of federal judges who believe in the rule of law. I could stand a lot of that kind of boredom.
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 10:25 AM
    An absence of daily lies, is refreshing, and exciting.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 10:56 AM
    I'm sure having boys compete against girls in high school and college athletic events will be less than dull. Killing high paying jobs by the thousands will be likewise. Turning our energy infrastructure from a positive to a negative might arouse some interest. But the most exciting future event, for certain, will be the looks on the faces of the professional pols when the day comes that they actually have to figure out how to pay for what they are "buying" to purchase our votes since borrowing and printing money will no longer be an option. I eagerly look forward to that day. We'll really see some BLM "protests" when that happens.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'm sure having boys compete against girls in high school and college athletic events will be less than dull.
    You refuse to understand, don't you. smh

If all teams are made up of such like, then no problemo! And there have always been differences in abilities. That's why good coaches are needed.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 11:19 AM
    If all teams are made up of such like, then no problemo! And there have always been differences in abilities. That's why good coaches are needed.
    How would that solve the problem? If, for instance, the best fifteen basketball players in a high school are boys (and they will be practically every time), then how will the girls get to play? Even worse, how will the lesser talented girls even get to put on a uniform? And every time a boy is allowed to play on a girl's team, then that is one girl who will not be on the team, or who will receive much less playing time. And that is pro-female how???

If we follow that insane plan, then girls athletics will be effectively over with.

How much coaching have you done? (I'm betting it is zero).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 11:50 AM
    How would that solve the problem?
    What does talent have to do with it? Athletes should play for fun, not for trophies.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 12:04 PM
    What does talent have to do with it? Athletes should play for fun, not for trophies.
    Most colleges already have intramural leagues where they play for fun. High schools have P.E. classes where kids play for fun. But for that significant group of young people who want to test their skills against each other in competitive sports, it's kind of silly to ask them to give that up because you think they should.

You still haven't told us of your coaching experience.

You still haven't said why a girl should be moved aside so a boy can play on a girls team, and that's the real question here. Why are you against those girls?

You still haven't given any real evidence for those "broken chromosomes" you were so proud of last week.

I think it is becoming very obvious who the one is who refuses to understand.
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 12:05 PM
    Back in the day WG, the wife and I enjoyed the weekends of volleyball, kickball, basketball, and flag football with other couples and friends...for the pure fun of it. Organized sports may be different, certainly professional sports but we already see female officiating the men games and even more female coaches so who knows what the future holds.

They already serve in the military. Women have been redefining their roles in society for decades so sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned.

Gdaughter agrees with her Gdad!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 12:49 PM
    But for that significant group of young people who want to test their skills against each other in competitive sports, it's kind of silly to ask them to give that up because you think they should.
    They can do that on their own time.
    You still haven't told us of your coaching experience.
    And get accused of bragging?
    You still haven't given any real evidence for those "broken chromosomes" you were so proud of last week.
    I asked admin to pull out our trans posts from the Giuliani thread and start a new thread under an appropriate heading. That Giuliani thread was subsequently closed and no new thread started.

I've consulted with several transwomen friends about their experiences and have more to say, but nowhere to say it.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 02:59 PM
    Why? Because you say so? That's pretty lame.

You've never coached a minute in your life. If you had, you would know that girls have no chance to compete with boys.

You have nothing to support the outlandish idea of broken chromosomes. As to your TG friends, my heart goes out to them, but their experiences give us no reason at all to allow boys to compete with girls. Sadly, you don't give a rip about those girls who get pushed aside. It's just another sad instance of your liberal political ideology overwhelming any science or common sense on the issue. Wake up and smell the coffee, WG.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 03:12 PM
    Why? Because you say so? That's pretty lame.
    When I was in high school, I was asked to be a Lassie League coach. That got me noticed, so I was moved into coaching Little League. I soared from there!
    girls have no chance to compete with boys.
    Anybody who wants to play should be allowed to join a team.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 03:24 PM
    Anybody who wants to play should be allowed to join a team.
    This is what tells me you have never done any serious coaching. In competitive sports, there are nearly always more people wanting to play than can be accommodated. That's why you have tryouts. You cannot have sixty kids on the basketball team, or 75 kids on the baseball team. It's why you have youth leagues. It allows kids who cannot play on high level teams a chance to play and compete. By the time those kids get to HS, it is plain that most of them cannot compete at even a moderate level. No high school can provide, for instance, five basketball teams or six football teams just because you think it's nice for all kids to be allowed to join a team. At some point, money becomes an issue. Facilities become an issue. Coaches become an issue. Time becomes an issue. That's how it is in the real world I lived in.

When I was a school admin, I thought it would have been good to get all athletics off the campus and let outside agencies do that. It's a distraction and eats up a ton of money and resources that schools need. But allowing boys to play on girls teams, and thus deny girls a chance to play, is a terrible idea. Putting both genders on the same team means the girls will get to sit a lot, and so is a likewise terrible idea.

Get out of your bubble, WG. Join the real world. The coffee is good.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 03:29 PM
    This is what tells me you have never done any serious coaching.
    No wonder I've never considered buying a house and moving to Mississippi!
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2021, 03:32 PM
    Oh well. The usual non-rational responses. Have a nice evening.
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

I asked admin to pull out our trans posts from the Giuliani thread and start a new thread under an appropriate heading. That Giuliani thread was subsequently closed and no new thread started.

I've consulted with several transwomen friends about their experiences and have more to say, but nowhere to say it.
    You could always start your own question. Just remember DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You could always start your own question. Just remember DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
    Yeah, I considered starting a new question. Might still do so -- but I want it to attract responses from more than just one other person. What to do, what to do!
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 04:01 PM
    Go for it and see what happens. 8D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Go for it and see what happens. 8D
    Under which topic? Biology?
    Expert

Feb 4, 2021, 06:01 PM
    I don't know. I for one cannot speak on the science of transgender people. Just the social and psychological pressure they endure from other humans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Student tax return questions - Many thanks in advance! [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and made some money in spare time via tutoring SAT MCAT. I would appreciate very much if any one could give me advice on the following questions: 1. My daughter filed tax return for 2009 independently - i.e. I did not claim her exemption. Can I claim her exemption and...

Please help me in solving these questions.Thanks in advance. [ 8 Answers ]

Q.1 Solve the given differential equation by Separation of variables. Sec^2xdy + cscydx = 0 Q.2 Solve the following Differential Equation (y^2+3xy)dy = (4x^2+xy)dy, y(1) = 1 Q.3 Determine whether the following Differential Equation is exact. If exact, solve. (1-2x^2-2y)dy/dx = 4x^3 + 4xy

Court Reporters and Scopers [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking online courses in "scoping". These are people to transcribe court reporters notes into legal documents. Is this a good idea? Do court reporters still use scopers, or will this type of job be obsolete before I even finish the schooling? This type of work appeals to me...

View more questions Search