Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Healing also requires a desire to be healed. The left prefers to keep racial wounds open. It's good for their politics.
    I cannot agree more!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 11:49 AM
    The left prefers to keep racial wounds open.
    How did those wounds occur?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2021, 04:27 PM
    How did those wounds occur?
    In all reality, what real difference does it make? I would hope that the real question would concern what we should do in moving forward.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:44 PM
    clear the swamp, little chance of that now, so standing still
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 05:52 PM
    In all reality, what real difference does it make? I would hope that the real question would concern what we should do in moving forward.
    The goal is to not only heal those wounds, but also heal the situations that created them.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 05:55 PM
    How do you heal benghazi? a total betrayal of trust
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2021, 06:05 PM
    The goal is to not only heal those wounds, but also heal the situations that created them.
    OK. So what do you propose we specifically do to accomplish that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 06:40 PM
    OK. So what do you propose we specifically do to accomplish that?
    1. Look at the person inside, not their outside.
    2. Seize opportunities to show respect, empathy, love, plus find ways to lift up, to reach out to another.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2021, 07:23 PM
    1. Look at the person inside, not their outside.
    2. Seize opportunities to show respect, empathy, love, plus find ways to lift up, to reach out to another.
    Two great suggestions and I agree with them. Do you see the government playing a role in this? If so, what role?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 07:48 PM
    government has no role in this
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2021, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    government has no role in this
    We are the government.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2021, 09:22 PM
    Yes government by the people for the people, how is that working out for you?
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2021, 05:56 AM
    We are the government.
    No, we're not. If you cook out hotdogs in the backyard, you cannot say that the government is cooking out hotdogs. Government is supposed to be of the people, by the people, and for the people, but it is not THE people.

Do you see the government playing a role in this? If so, what role?
    I would still love to know what your answer is for this, WG. I see this more and more in liberals. They can describe a problem with great moral passion, but only rarely are willing to say what they would suggest the government do about it. That's the sticking point. So what do you suggest the government do about it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2021, 09:51 AM
    No, we're not. If you cook out hotdogs in the backyard, you cannot say that the government is cooking out hotdogs. Government is supposed to be of the people, by the people, and for the people, but it is not THE people.
    Um, who fills government offices and makes decisions? Zombies? You said it yourself: "government is supposed to be of the people, by the people..." I could be elected and so could you, if we had useful credentials. The owner of our favorite pizza take-out place a few blocks from our house has been our town's mayor (yes, that's government) for almost eight years and may run for a county or even state job. Then we'll have to find another pizza place unless he sells it to someone who offers the same menu and uses the same pizza-making ingredients and techniques..."sprinkling on the cheese, sprinkling on the cheese. We shall come rejoicing, sprinkling on the cheese!"
    I would still love to know what your answer is for this, WG. I see this more and more in liberals. They can describe a problem with great moral passion, but only rarely are willing to say what they would suggest the government do about it. That's the sticking point. So what do you suggest the government do about it?
    I asked first. And yes, I have very strong and doable suggestions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2021, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes government by the people for the people, how is that working out for you?
    Probably works better without the monetary influences and incentives, but works as well despite any issues as any other in this world.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2021, 02:51 PM
    on the outside looking in I would say you are deluded or deceived
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2021, 04:03 PM
    Ahem, we BIG dog...you LITTLE dog! Maybe not better but just bigger. Doesn't matter where or how you look at it. REALITY.
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2021, 04:07 PM
    Um, who fills government offices and makes decisions? Zombies? You said it yourself: "government is supposed to be of the people, by the people..." I could be elected and so could you, if we had useful credentials. The owner of our favorite pizza take-out place a few blocks from our house has been our town's mayor (yes, that's government) for almost eight years and may run for a county or even state job. Then we'll have to find another pizza place unless he sells it to someone who offers the same menu and uses the same pizza-making ingredients and techniques..."sprinkling on the cheese, sprinkling on the cheese. We shall come rejoicing, sprinkling on the cheese!"
    If you work for the gov, and you go out and buy a car, you cannot say the government has bought a car. I am "of and by" my parents, but I am certainly not my parents. You are completely confused.

And yes, I have very strong and doable suggestions.
    So strong and do-able that you cannot even put them in text form? Strange.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2021, 04:09 PM
    reality is big dog; you need us little dogs and just maybe we keep you centred, and not too up yourselves with this big dog nonsense, you have a three hundred year head start on us, that is all that distinguishes us. You forget we gave you a base when you needed one after getting your arses kicked being the big dog. just like you we know loss
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2021, 05:04 PM
    So strong and do-able that you cannot even put them in text form? Strange.
    Why are you so afraid to answer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Student tax return questions - Many thanks in advance! [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and made some money in spare time via tutoring SAT MCAT. I would appreciate very much if any one could give me advice on the following questions: 1. My daughter filed tax return for 2009 independently - i.e. I did not claim her exemption. Can I claim her exemption and...

Please help me in solving these questions.Thanks in advance. [ 8 Answers ]

Q.1 Solve the given differential equation by Separation of variables. Sec^2xdy + cscydx = 0 Q.2 Solve the following Differential Equation (y^2+3xy)dy = (4x^2+xy)dy, y(1) = 1 Q.3 Determine whether the following Differential Equation is exact. If exact, solve. (1-2x^2-2y)dy/dx = 4x^3 + 4xy

Court Reporters and Scopers [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking online courses in "scoping". These are people to transcribe court reporters notes into legal documents. Is this a good idea? Do court reporters still use scopers, or will this type of job be obsolete before I even finish the schooling? This type of work appeals to me...

View more questions Search