Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 02:36 PM
    good for her .She is the former Governor of my future home state . My future Senator said that the turtle's speech will be used against the GOP in 2022 and he is right . The Repubs should seriously consider a change in leadership . The turtle won reelection this cycle so he does not have to fear electoral repercussions for 6 years if he even chooses to run again. He is just as happy being minority leader as majority ....... maybe even more so . I would like Rick Scott to lead the Repub senators .... or maybe Joni Ernst . She is right ;the impeachment was a total s++t show
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 03:37 PM
    I would like Rick Scott to lead the Repub senators
    I think he would be a good choice as well. I never cease to be amazed at how republicans cannot keep their big mouths shut. McConnell is a great example of it. Criticize liberal dems in public. Criticize fellow repubs in private.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the impeachment was a total s++t show
    Except for the part where Trump was overwhelmingly proven to have incited the insurrection against his own country.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 06:49 PM
    Trump was overwhelmingly proven to have incited the insurrection against his own country.
    You still have not been able to point to a single statement supporting that position. That's what passes now for overwhelming???
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2021, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You still have not been able to point to a single statement supporting that position. That's what passes now for overwhelming???
    How about a whole slew of statements tweets going back many months and YEARS! Years of lies qualify as overwhelming and that's why the dufus got booted. America was just tired of you loony fringe nuts hollering ALL the time.

You have the nerve to be offended when somebody calls out your loony fringe bully BS? A squeaky wheel gets the grease, but eventually gets REPLACED! Sooner rather than later!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 07:46 AM
    that word insurrection makes me laugh . We have witnessed 7 months of violence ,arson ,vandalism by the BLM/Antifa gangs ....oops I mean peaceful protests . But Trump supporters riot ;suddenly it is an insurrection . Was it a riot ? Yes Was it a deadly riot ? Yes. Was the protest mostly peaceful ? You tell me . I am working under your model where many protest peacefully and a few break off and unlawfully do violence ,and vandalism .
    Insurrectionists would not be wearing horned hats ;taking selfies , even leaving their GPS trackers of their cell phones open .
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2021, 08:08 AM
    We have witnessed 7 months of violence ,arson ,vandalism by the BLM/Antifa gangs ....oops I mean peaceful protests . But Trump supporters riot ;suddenly it is an insurrection .
    Very well said. Perhaps it could be referred to as "political exaggeration"?
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that word insurrection makes me laugh . We have witnessed 7 months of violence ,arson ,vandalism by the BLM/Antifa gangs ....oops I mean peaceful protests . But Trump supporters riot ;suddenly it is an insurrection .
    Absolutely amazing how you equate protests against police murdering black people with white supremacists trying to overthrow a duly elected president by storming the Capitol of the United States resulting in 5 dead, hundreds injured and widespread mayhem. Amazing!
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2021, 09:44 AM
    Absolutely amazing how you equate protests against police murdering black people
    Absolutely amazing how you conveniently leave out burned out city blocks, a fed courthouse burned, an historic church burned, people dead, and much public property destroyed.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2021, 12:33 PM
    Amazing ignore the loony wild white people the dufus organized to storm the capitol and halt the function of government, and compare them to the civil protests of people who have been seeking equity of treatment for hundreds of years despite the opposition. Can't separate the criminal from the legit except when it comes to your own?

Before you fringers beetch, I have separated the legit from the criminal so don't play dumb!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2021, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    compare them to the civil protests of people who have been seeking equity of treatment for hundreds of years despite the opposition.
    and who are these people who have been protesting for hundreds of years? I understand there is great disadvantage for some in your nation and attitudes are entrenched but there must be a level of frustration with civil disobedience and the attitudes of those "protesting" which breeds violence. As they say it takes two to tango
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2021, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    and who are these people who have been protesting for hundreds of years? I understand there is great disadvantage for some in your nation and attitudes are entrenched but there must be a level of frustration with civil disobedience and the attitudes of those "protesting" which breeds violence. As they say it takes two to tango
    Any violence that is bred is rooted in the opposition to the "people who have been seeking equity of treatment for hundreds of years despite the opposition".

Any frustration is far greater among the seekers of equity than among those who are the deniers of equity.

Yes, it takes two to tango.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2021, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Would there be a need for civil disobedience if there was equity under the law? Why is there even opposition to THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Any violence that is bred is rooted in the opposition to the "people who have been seeking equity of treatment for hundreds of years despite the opposition".

Any frustration is far greater among the seekers of equity than among those who are the deniers of equity.

Yes, it takes two to tango.
    Well said!
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2021, 12:01 PM

That might have some value if there was any denial of equity. There is not, so the argument is not valid. The greatest negative influences, far and away, involves issues which are completely under the control of the effected population.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2021, 12:36 PM
    That might have some value if there was any denial of equity. There is not, so the argument is not valid.
    Apparently, you've never gone shopping while Black or been hanging out at the park bird-watching while Black or have listened to music on your headphones, walking happily on the sidewalk, while Black.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2021, 01:17 PM
    That might have some value if there was any denial of equity. There is not, so the argument is not valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Apparently, you've never gone shopping while Black or been hanging out at the park bird-watching while Black or have listened to music on your headphones, walking happily on the sidewalk, while Black.
    I can guess who wrote the first quote re the denial of equity. Your reply, WG, was eloquent and to the point.

I would only add that the denial of equity took the form of abject slavery - the worst and longest ever recorded in human history - that lasted for 250 years. That was followed by 100 years of legal and not-so-legal discrimination marked by Christians in white hoods who lynched human beings because of their skin color and which continues to this day with the white hoods being exchanged for a badge and a gun.

A more valid argument is hardly possible although there are still those who deny it.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2021, 01:48 PM
    That might have some value if there was any denial of equity. There is not, so the argument is not valid. The greatest negative influences, far and away, involves issues which are completely under the control of the effected population.
    Any doubts where this dudes head is at?
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2021, 02:59 PM
    I'm going way out on a limb here to guess that you haven't either.

There are, of course, thousands of instances of injustice occurring everyday in this country for all sorts of reasons. Are there still some cases of what amounts to legalized racial injustice? Could be, but the point is that we have spent the past sixty years in an attempt to root those injustices out. If you want to point one out, we can discuss it, but to allege that some sort of deep-seated, systemic racism exists in America is to engage in fantasy.

I would only add that the denial of equity took the form of abject slavery - the worst and longest ever recorded in human history - that lasted for 250 years. That was followed by 100 years of legal and not-so-legal discrimination marked by Christians in white hoods who lynched human beings because of their skin color and which continues to this day with the white hoods being exchanged for a badge and a gun.
    To say the kluckers were Christians is on the level of your ridiculous idea that by merely looking at a crowd of tens of thousands, you could tell they were evangelical Christians. At any rate, we are talking about the historical present tense, and not the past. The more than 70% out of wedlock birth rate amongst black women is, by far, the greatest problem facing the black community. BY...FAR. You guys love to talk about the supposedly widespread problem of white racism simply to validate your standing as liberal democrats.

slavery - the worst and longest ever recorded in human history - that lasted for 250 years.
    If you knew anything at all about history, you would know what an absurd statement that is. Slavery in Ethiopia, for instance, has existed for at least five hundred years, and quite likely longer than that. It is hard to imagine how long slavery existed in the nations of the middle east such as Egypt, amongst the various African tribes, or in Mongolia, China, and Japan. Your alleged "fact" just exposes your bias on the issue.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2021, 03:16 PM
    I'm going way out on a limb here to guess that you haven't either.

There are, of course, thousands of instances of injustice occurring everyday in this country for all sorts of reasons. Are there still some cases of what amounts to legalized racial injustice? Could be, but the point is that we have spent the past sixty years in an attempt to root those injustices out. If you want to point one out, we can discuss it, but to allege that some sort of deep-seated, systemic racism exists in America is to engage in fantasy.

To say the kluckers were Christians is on the level of your ridiculous idea that by merely looking at a crowd of tens of thousands, you could tell they were evangelical Christians. At any rate, we are talking about the historical present tense, and not the past. The more than 70% out of wedlock birth rate amongst black women is, by far, the greatest problem facing the black community. BY...FAR. You guys love to talk about the supposedly widespread problem of white racism simply to validate your standing as liberal democrats.

If you knew anything at all about history, you would know what an absurd statement that is. Slavery in Ethiopia, for instance, has existed for at least five hundred years, and quite likely longer than that. It is hard to imagine how long slavery existed in the nations of the middle east such as Egypt, or in China and Japan. Your alleged "fact" just exposes your bias on the issue.
    I rest my case!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Student tax return questions - Many thanks in advance! [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and made some money in spare time via tutoring SAT MCAT. I would appreciate very much if any one could give me advice on the following questions: 1. My daughter filed tax return for 2009 independently - i.e. I did not claim her exemption. Can I claim her exemption and...

Please help me in solving these questions.Thanks in advance. [ 8 Answers ]

Q.1 Solve the given differential equation by Separation of variables. Sec^2xdy + cscydx = 0 Q.2 Solve the following Differential Equation (y^2+3xy)dy = (4x^2+xy)dy, y(1) = 1 Q.3 Determine whether the following Differential Equation is exact. If exact, solve. (1-2x^2-2y)dy/dx = 4x^3 + 4xy

Court Reporters and Scopers [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking online courses in "scoping". These are people to transcribe court reporters notes into legal documents. Is this a good idea? Do court reporters still use scopers, or will this type of job be obsolete before I even finish the schooling? This type of work appeals to me...

View more questions Search