Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2021, 12:40 PM
    Fine. Put it down. But I don't think you will.
    And I was right.

Sorry to hear of your son. 42 is far too young.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2021, 01:02 PM
    Please reread my post. I added a link to it about the teen in Plano (be sure to read it). Btw, your link doesn't work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2021, 01:09 PM
    The loving thing police could have done with the Plano teen:

"Hey, guy, it's cold out here. Where's your jacket?"

"I don't have far to go, so I didn't bother. And yup, I'm freezing!"

"How far away is home?"

"Not too far."

"I've got a blanket in my squad car. How 'bout if I drive you home and you can warm up in the blanket meanwhile."

"Don't you have police stuff to do?"

"You're my 'police stuff' right now. Let's get you home asap!"
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2021, 01:10 PM
    My link works now.

Do you guys ever, ever, ever read your own links? Yes, the teen said he thought it was race, but if you had bothered to go down further, you would have seen this from police body cams. You can't just reflexively blame the police on every occasion. READ YOUR OWN LINKS THOROUGHLY!!

Reese lives with his mother and he was just a few blocks away from home.
    The teen repeatedly told Plano police that he was fine, but officers continued to follow him for a few minutes, according to video of the incident.
    “Dude, stop we are trying to help you,” Plano police said in the body camera video released on the department’s Facebook over the weekend.
    “I’m trying to get home,” Reese said.
    “All right, but you’re walking in the middle of the road,” an officer said.

“I understand that. My bad,” Reese said.
    Reese later told KDFW-TV he was walking in the middle of the road because the sidewalk was covered in ice and snow.
    “Are you cold?” an officer asked.
    “No. I’m not,” the teen answered.
    “Do you want us to give you a ride?” a police officer asked.

“No. I do this every night,” Reese said.
    In the video, the teen kept walking away from Plano police until an officer said he was being detained.
    “Let me go,” Reese said as he was being handcuffed.
    Plano police said the teen resisted their efforts to handcuff him.
    The arresting officer noted in his arrest report that although the teen committed the Class B misdemeanor offense of interference with public duties by resisting officers’ efforts to detain and handcuff him, the officers decided to seek to charge him only with pedestrian in the roadway, a Class C misdemeanor.
    When the police stop you, you don't just keep on walking. That was insanely stupid.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2021, 01:12 PM
    Now, read MY link in its entirety. The conclusion of this case.

“There’s a lot information that we know about this case that we didn’t know at the time,” Drain told the television station. “Those officers didn’t know his age. They didn’t know he was 18. They didn’t know he worked at Walmart. They didn’t know where he lived.”

AND THEY DIDN'T ASK HIM!!!!

In the video, the teen kept walking away from Plano police until an officer said he was being detained.

Wonder why he resisted....
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2021, 01:20 PM
    Now, read MY link in its entirety. The conclusion of this case.
    Your link was what I read. That you didn't read even close to all of it was obvious from this, "The last sentence says it all ("race was the issue") --" LOL. You thought his comment was the "last sentence".

There is a real simple concept here you are missing. When the cops tell you to do something, barring the ultra-unreasonable, you do it. It's not complicated. You just knee-jerk are anti-cops. Typical liberal dem.
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2021, 01:30 PM
    “There’s a lot information that we know about this case that we didn’t know at the time,” Drain told the television station. “Those officers didn’t know his age. They didn’t know he was 18. They didn’t know he worked at Walmart. They didn’t know where he lived.”

AND THEY DIDN'T ASK HIM!!!!

So if you are 18, work at WM, and live nearby, then it's perfectly alright for you to walk in middle of the road at night, refuse to stop, resist arrest, and generally act like an insane idiot? Really?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2021, 01:47 PM
    So if you are 18, work at WM, and live nearby, then it's perfectly all right for you to walk in middle of the road at night, refuse to stop, resist arrest, and generally act like an insane idiot? Really?
    Why was he stopped? The police must have seen the snow-packed sidewalks and that the easier walking could be done on the street. Why didn't the police let him go when he said he does that every night? Or engage him in a fruitful conversation instead of acting like punitive police?

"We're worried about you. It's darn cold out here and we don't think you are dressed warmly enough."
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2021, 03:05 PM
    some people are just loners and there is always the question are the police trustworthy or do they have a hidden motive
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2021, 03:15 PM
    Why was he stopped?
    According to the article you linked, "Plano police responded to a welfare call shortly before 11 p.m. on Feb. 16. A caller reported that a Black man wearing a short-sleeve shirt and shorts was walking down Hedgcoxe Road and was stumbling."

Why didn't the police let him go when he said he does that every night?
    Why didn't the cops just let a teenager walk down the middle of the street at night? Well...

"I've got a blanket in my squad car. How 'bout if I drive you home and you can warm up in the blanket meanwhile."

"Don't you have police stuff to do?"

"You're my 'police stuff' right now. Let's get you home asap!"
    They offered him a ride home. He refused it. Did you ever bother to read your own article???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2021, 03:40 PM
    Did you ever bother to read your own article???
    I just love love love playing dumb and making you actually read my link. ;-D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2021, 09:10 AM
    They could have just followed him home instead of arresting him and making him spend the night in jail if they were so concerned. Or taken him to a hospital instead of jail, where they rendered no medical treatment. They later dropped charges that didn't need to be filed in the first place. Who was served and protected in this case?
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2021, 09:37 AM
    I just love love love playing dumb and making you actually read my link
    I guess it's a good thing that at least one of us read it.
    Expert

Mar 2, 2021, 04:47 AM
    That's like killing a guy for jaywalking, or 7 cops spraying and handcuffing a 9 year old. At what point do we call out bad police decisions and actions?
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2021, 07:15 PM
    when you start firing their arses
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    when you start firing their arses
    They have "qualified immunity" which is a get out of jail free card. The Dems are trying to modify that. Also, they always say "I was in fear for my life", which the juries usually buy. Even when the video shows the cop shooting a fleeing suspect in the back.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2021, 02:21 PM
    It all comes down to gun culture, the perps can be assumed to have a gun, the cops have guns
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    They have "qualified immunity" which is a get out of jail free card. The Dems are trying to modify that. Also, they always say "I was in fear for my life", which the juries usually buy. Even when the video shows the cop shooting a fleeing suspect in the back.
    Let's not forget those AG's who refuse to even bring charges. So much for the law and order conservatives who want no reforms and holler about defunding by dems as a bad thing to appease the fringer screamers they depend on.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It all comes down to gun culture, the perps can be assumed to have a gun, the cops have guns
    It's not the gun culture but the loony culture.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 01:58 PM
    yes looney gun culture
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 05:53 AM
    Here is an example of our mentally alert pres at work. He can't remember the name of the Sec. of Defense, and he refers to the Department of Defense as "that outfit".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJ6AAoBUTA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Student tax return questions - Many thanks in advance! [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and made some money in spare time via tutoring SAT MCAT. I would appreciate very much if any one could give me advice on the following questions: 1. My daughter filed tax return for 2009 independently - i.e. I did not claim her exemption. Can I claim her exemption and...

Please help me in solving these questions.Thanks in advance. [ 8 Answers ]

Q.1 Solve the given differential equation by Separation of variables. Sec^2xdy + cscydx = 0 Q.2 Solve the following Differential Equation (y^2+3xy)dy = (4x^2+xy)dy, y(1) = 1 Q.3 Determine whether the following Differential Equation is exact. If exact, solve. (1-2x^2-2y)dy/dx = 4x^3 + 4xy

Court Reporters and Scopers [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking online courses in "scoping". These are people to transcribe court reporters notes into legal documents. Is this a good idea? Do court reporters still use scopers, or will this type of job be obsolete before I even finish the schooling? This type of work appeals to me...

View more questions Search