Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 03:53 AM
    Key Dem Senator Joe Manchin is not happy with VP Harris .

'We need to work together': Manchin blasts Harris' TV hit on Covid relief - POLITICO

A bipartisan group of 10 Senators that he is a part of met with Quid yesterday to hash out a compromise bill . But Quid is beholden to the radicals in the party ;and Schmucky and Madam Mim are hell bent to ram their version of covid relief down our throats with the use of the reconciliation card.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2021, 04:23 AM
    Hardly bipartisan, and their opening bid is a 3rd of what Joe and dems want. Repubs are good at shoving stuff down throats. When it comes to stocking the markets repubs are great, when it comes to main street...different story. Even the repub governor of Marcin's WVA agrees with Joe on this one. He ain't the only repub either.

Joe has seen this stall tactic before.

OOPS sorry Tom, missed this meeting...too much Netflix...

Bipartisan Senate group to meet with Biden aide on coronavirus relief - Roll Call

Looks like dems hope for the best, but plan for the worst which ain't a bad idea given history and current events.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 01:38 PM
    oh well . The covid stimulus bill is too big anyway
    Democratic Senator Joe Manchin said Tuesday he is opposed to passing an economic relief bill without bipartisan agreement.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    beholden to the radicals in the party .... are hell bent to ram their version of covid relief down our throats with the use of the reconciliation card.
    So you would prefer that people can't put food on the table and provide help in many areas? All for squeezing the people to serve a failed ideology?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2021, 04:53 PM
    They are wanting to spend nearly 2 tril in order to send perhaps 400 bil to the folks. So we are going to borrow about 3K for every man, woman, and child in America in order to send most people a check for 1500K.

Yes. That's a great idea. I guess we can use the extra to fund more studies of trans gender people overseas.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 05:19 PM
    Maybe you could use the money to send transgender people overseas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Deep Absurdity of Trump World [ 62 Answers ]

AG Barr - "SDNY Attorney Berman has resigned". SDNY Attorney Berman - "No, I didn't!" AG Barr - "Don't make this a public spectacle. I told Trump to fire you. Trump fired you! You're fired!" Trump - "I didn't fire Berman" "That's Barr's job!" "I don't know anything about it"! STUNNING!...

Trump the master of the world [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone have an explanation for his latest mistake Donald Trump recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital, in reversal of decades of policy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Trump has declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel, the Israeli have Tel Aviv as their capital and...

The Strange World of Donald Trump [ 15 Answers ]

Here are some current positions of Trump reported today; 1- Resurrected belief that Obama was not born in the United States, 2- Denies it is his voice on the notorious "p****y" tape after acknowledging it IS his voice and apologizing for it, 3- Fully believes vote fraud by illegal immigrants...

The Ignorance of Trump Rattles the World. [ 46 Answers ]

Not surprisingly, Trump has entirely missed the point of deterrence. Retaliation is promised as a response to prevent the other side from ATTACKING. NOT when the other side threatens. With his incredibly stupid "fire and fury" comment, Trump has put this nation in the desperate position of...

Trump's Fantasy World [ 22 Answers ]

I've said this in other places. Trump lives in a fantasy world. I'm not sure he can fully tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Here is another bit of proof of that. In this video Trump is seen urging people to view the video of Obama's recent encounter with a pro Trump heckler. Trump...

View more questions Search