Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2021, 04:47 PM
    don't fight yesterday's battles
    The area of energy is very much today's battle. The Canadians will sell their oil to someone else who will use it and generate carbon emissions, so from an environment point of view it's a big nothing. Additionally, we still import much of the oil, but it has to be done by rail which has more problems associated with transport than pipelines, so it's just a sacrificial lamb for the environmental whackos like AOC. We are energy independent for the first time in decades. We dare not give that up by behaving stupidly and giving up a reliable source of crude oil.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2021, 05:05 PM
    but the rails are Warren Buffett who is a big Dem donor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2021, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Its all relative, but it is all in the family so move on and don't fight yesterday's battles
    Tell that to conservatives who only like rich conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    but the rails are Warren Buffett who is a big Dem donor.
    See what I mean? Never mind we import more of the Canadian crude now than we ever have and that's without the one leg of the pipeline.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 04:05 AM
    The pipeline brings jobs to construction workers .It brings jobs to refinery workers . We will import some of the oil and sell it and ship it to places like New England where the idiots will not permit pipelines . It will also be exported to the European market .

I don't know if you have noticed it yet . But prices of oil and gas have risen lately and is on an upward trajectory . Shouldn't surprise you that an administration hostile to energy would cause the prices to rise .
    The emperor promised in 2008 that energy prices would skyrocket because of his environmental polices . Quid is an emperor clone .
    Expert

Feb 2, 2021, 04:30 AM
    I thought capitalists loved rising prices. I suppose a temp job is better than no job. Or is this the only construction job in town?
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2021, 06:18 AM
    Tom, you can't talk jobs to liberal dems. They have such a cavalier attitude about it all. "Oh well, if you can't find a job, then no worry. We can use borrowed money to support you with welfare at just above the poverty level, or we'll encourage you to work at restoring an old open pit mine somewhere in the middle of nowhere." It's just incredible to see the non-thinking approach these people have.

The day is coming when borrowing money to fund the federal budget is going to be a non-option. When the day comes that liberal dems have to tell the voters, the ones who they thought they had purchased with decades of give-away programs and endless platitudes about ending poverty, that the gravy train has come to a screeching halt, then we are going to see unrest such as we've not seen before. People who have been trained to not work and do as they please will not take that news happily.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2021, 07:33 AM
    No just the opposite Businesses compete which means they strive to provide goods and services at the lowest cost to the consumers
    Expert

Feb 2, 2021, 08:10 AM
    Nice spin but competitors get their rocks off maximizing profits even if it means eliminating the competition.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2021, 08:16 AM
    No just the opposite Businesses compete which means they strive to provide goods and services at the lowest cost to the consumers
    Exactly correct. It's the reason Woolworth's and J.C. Penny's are no longer around. Others found better and more efficient ways of doing business, and they were left behind. The result is lower prices. The opportunity to take a better idea and make it work, with minimal government interference, has been part of the American dream. Now? We'll see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

The Five Step Program According to Trump [ 3 Answers ]

1. "It's a total lie, never happened, fake news." 2. "It happened, but it's not a big deal." 3. "OK it might be a big deal, but it isn't illegal." 4. "OK it's illegal, but Hillary and Obama something something, so it's OK."

Is economic growth without economic development meaningless? [ 3 Answers ]

Is economic growth without economic development meaningless?

What is difference between Economic Shock and Economic Stress? [ 0 Answers ]

In macro economic literature I saw both terms "economic shock' and "economic stress" but I don't know what is their difference exactly! Any help with reference regard to my question, please!

View more questions Search