Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2021, 07:17 PM
    What is the small metal box with 2 wires that is attached to my light electrical box
    Hi, I have tried to trace these two small wires that come out of this thing attached to my light fixture but can't figure it out. They go into the ceiling unseen so not sure what they are for.

Can someone tell me what this metal thing is with 2 small wires that is attached to the side of the electrical box?
    Attached Images

tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2021, 05:05 AM
    It is a low voltage transformer, with anywhere from 6 to 24 volt output, probably provides voltage for your doorbell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silicone heater attached to metal trays with no ground customer getting shocked [ 2 Answers ]

Customer has some metal trays (moist area) & needed to add heat for they're application. They were supplied silicone heaters that attach to the trays & they say they're getting shocked. The silicone heaters don't have a ground and the customer is reading 60V to ground. Could they just run a ground...

I have a dishwasher with 3 wires but only 2 wires coming from the metal conduit [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a condo and have a new dishwasher it has the white/black/green wire but I only have black/white coming from the metal conduit. I looked in the sub panel in the condo and I don't see a ground on any of the circuits. Am I missing something? Should the outlets and appliences have ground...

Have small box with two wires small white small red attached in series with ceiling f [ 1 Answers ]

Small box in series with light pull switch on ceiling fan. Lights would not burn until I took out box but not sure if is safe to leave box out. Any suggestions. Rick

Need for small light weight electrical boxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. For a friends band I have been asked to wiring a portable lighting panel to display the bands name. This will be done using a sheet of plywood and mounting a series of small ceiling light fixtures on one side of the plywood, and running the electrical wiring on the back side of the plywood. ...

Small Trailer (New Tail Light Kit) 3 Wires On Drivers Side? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a new light kit for my jet ski trailer. I just need the tail lights it is already wired. I bought the kit, both of the (new) tail lights have 2 wires leading out. On the trailer the pass. Side has 2 wires, the drivers side (plate side) has 3 wires. What is the other wire &...

View more questions Search