Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2021, 04:08 PM
    You do realise that illegal immigrants can't register to vote...
    but why let that small fact get in the way of a good conspiracy...
    You do realize it would be an easy matter for Congress to give them quick access to citizenship? The liberal dems control everything now. But why let that small fact get in the way of leisure?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2021, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You do realize it would be an easy matter for Congress to give them quick access to citizenship? The liberal dems control everything now. But why let that small fact get in the way of leisure?
    If it makes your fringer head explode while buried shoulder deep YOU KNOW WHERE, then I hope they try. It would be the right thing to do for hard working migrants who contribute for years making America better...and highly entertaining for us libs. 8D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 17, 2021, 04:27 PM
    You're kidding, right...
    Then they would be legal immigrates, that means taxable and improving their communities, etc.
    You are falsely assuming that all immigrants have an opposing political view to your very narrow outlook.
    Many couldn't careless as long as they have a job to make money and somewhere safe to call home.

You do know what liberal actual means don't you, as you clearly believe that they are one stop away from communism..

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal
    adjective
    1. willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

2. relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

looks pretty good to me
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2021, 04:48 PM
    You're kidding, right...
    Then they would be legal immigrates, that means taxable and improving their communities, etc.
    You are falsely assuming that all immigrants have an opposing political view to your very narrow outlook.
    Many couldn't careless as long as they have a job to make money and somewhere safe to call home.
    If they enter illegally, then they are illegal immigrants up until the time of naturalization. Am I kidding? Biden is the one talking about packing the SCOTUS, so I don't put much past him.

You do know what liberal actual means don't you, as you clearly believe that they are one stop away from communism..
    Liberal and conservative are both terms that take on various meanings as times and pols change. Dictionary defs don't matter much. They are trying to impeach a pres just days before he leaves office on ridiculous charges. That tells me enough.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2021, 05:32 PM
    How Long Does It Take to Become a U.S. Citizen? (boundless.com)

N-400 Naturalization Processing Time | How Long It Takes for Citizenship (immi-usa.com)

Ignorance of the law is no excuse with a friend like Google unless you are out of, or have lost you're frigging mind.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2021, 05:34 PM
    You now have to worry whether this caravan carries covid, but wait you don't have to worry about that since you will probably infect them as soon as they cross
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2021, 10:58 AM
    If they enter illegally, then they are illegal immigrants up until the time of naturalization.
    Right, no argument there. So once naturalized they would be legally allowed to vote, once they register.

Biden is the one talking about packing the SCOTUS, so I don't put much past him.
    What on earth are you taking about. SCOTUS is already full after a recent change in seating being pushed through. That would be the same court that turned down recent acts, not once, but twice.
    That being said it could do with being expanding to fully represent the circuit courts, of which there are 13, but that's a different discussion.

They are trying to impeach a pres just days before he leaves office on ridiculous charges.
    He has been impeached, just the official trial to follow now.
    Least they wont be Trump'd up charges :) As the saying goes, he made his bed, now he has to lie on it.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 11:07 AM
    So once naturalized they would be legally allowed to vote, once they register.
    Exactly.

What on earth are you taking about. SCOTUS is already full after a recent change in seating being pushed through.
    If you are going to comment on issues in the U.S., you really need to stay caught up. Biden and other dems have talked for months of expanding the number of SCOTUS justices to more than nine, and then putting liberal justices in the new seats to give the libs a SCOTUS majority.

As the saying goes, he made his bed, now he has to lie on it.
    The bed is only in the minds of liberal dems. At any rate, it is doubtful that they can attempt to have a Senate trial on a pres who has already left office. The precedent there is Nixon. He saw impeachment coming, so he resigned and the articles of impeachment were dropped.
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2021, 11:24 AM
    So if they come into the country and follow the correct process, why are you making such a big thing out of it ?

As for SCOTUS, I'm more than aware that there are plans to change it's make up, as I actually mentioned.
    As Mr Orange changed the seating arrangements to give himself the balance of power, your argument really doesn't hold any fluids.
    Come on J keep up.

As for the impeachment, there is more at stake that just removing from current position, there's also disallowing any future public office and loss of many perks.
    In this case I doubt they'll be dropped, as Biden could then use this as a perfect opportunity to show just how pragmatic the office of President can be and pardon Mr Orange to demonstrate unity and how statesmanship should be done.

Then of course you'll simply claim foul and it was all a nasty plan from the radical left.
    This type of incendiary rhetoric is getting very staid and mundane.

If you'd prefer a more balanced and reasoned discussion, I'm mostly ears, otherwise I think we're done here.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 11:44 AM
    If they come in illegally, then they are not following the correct process. It's the illegals that concern me. I'm all for legal immigration.

As Mr Orange changed the seating arrangements to give himself the balance of power, your argument really doesn't hold any fluids.
    That is completely wrong. Trump did what every other pres has done. He nominated qualified individuals to the SC. Did he pick conservatives? Yes, just as Obama selected libs and Biden will select libs. That is entirely different from changing the number of justices for no other reason than to swing future court decisions.

You are, I think, right about the dems motives for impeachment.

Biden could then use this as a perfect opportunity to show just how pragmatic the office of President can be and pardon Mr Orange to demonstrate unity and how statesmanship should be done.
    I would be amazed beyond believing if that happened, but I suppose it would be possible.

Then of course you'll simply claim foul and it was all a nasty plan from the radical left.
    This type of incendiary rhetoric is getting very staid and mundane.
    Actually I wouldn't claim foul at all. I would just spend a week in utter astonisment.

If I have engaged in "incendiary rhetoric", then please point it out. That is not my intent. Perhaps you are referring to someone else.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2021, 04:07 PM
    Is it too soon to impeach Quid for inciting a mass immigration crisis?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2021, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Is it too soon to impeach Quid for inciting a mass immigration crisis?
    At the border, he should install many checkpoints that include medical stations to give vaccinations and do physical and mental exams, temporary housing, child care, food stations, transportation to pre-set locations once approval has been granted, and translators. (If I were younger, I'd help.)
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 04:34 PM
    Or just build a wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2021, 04:38 PM
    Or just build a wall.
    That's been tried and is a major fail. Better to stem the tide of opioids pouring in across the northern border.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 05:33 PM
    The part that got built works great. It just needs to be completed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2021, 05:36 PM
    The part that got built works great. It just needs to be completed.
    Works great??? It has been quickly and easily scaled.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 05:42 PM
    You need to keep up better. "New border wall blocks 90% of illegal crossings, up from just 10%." It works much, much better than, "many checkpoints that include medical stations."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...p-from-just-10
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2021, 05:48 PM
    You need to keep up better. "New border wall blocks 90% of illegal crossings, up from just 10%." It works much, much better than, "many checkpoints that include medical stations."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...p-from-just-10
    Hard to believe, but certainly those 135-136 miles of new wall will keep all those immigrants out of our country.

(P.S. I'm alive today because of immigrants and immigrants' children from Mexico, Central America, South America, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, China, and Africa.)

"The video from by Deseret Sun photojournalist J Omar Ornelas shows a man bracing a tall ladder at the foot of the fence as two men climb to the top, then easily slide down the ladder rails from the other side of the perforated fence."
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9236656.html
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2021, 05:56 PM
    Hard to believe, but certainly those 135-136 miles of new wall will keep all those immigrants out of our country.
    They will along the 135 miles. Shame we didn't build it all.

(P.S. I'm alive today because of immigrants and immigrants' children from Mexico, Central America, South America, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, China, and Africa.)
    Legal immigrants. I'm all for them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2021, 06:01 PM
    They will along the 135 miles. Shame we didn't build it all.
    Wonder why we didn't. Hmm....

Hope you watched the video I posted. And "gee whiz, let's just go east a bit and walk around the end of this stupid wall."
    Legal immigrants. I'm all for them.
    And you have NO IDEA of the difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

visa under VE Subclass 175 skilled (Migrant)Independent [ 0 Answers ]

Can a refused visa under above clause be reapplied

When my ford focus to caravan there are no flashers on caravan all other ligts work [ 0 Answers ]

When my ford focus ghia 03 plate is connected to mt caravan all lights work apart from flashes

My 87 Dodge caravan is getting 13 MPG what's up with that [ 1 Answers ]

I have tuned it up new air filter new temp sensor new radiator, tires, thermostat looked for vac leaks

Caravan 99 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have dodge caravan 99. I have starting problem in the winter time. When I am starting some time it's start but some time it show the click sound, but if you try couple times, some time it's start. I check the battery, battery is OK. Please tell me how to figure out this problem. ...

View more questions Search