Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2021, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The girls would be, in nearly all cases, hopelessly outclassed and would not be playing.
    That's because girls used to be (and probably still are) told that they are the weaker sex so must kowtow to boys. We girls certainly wouldn't get any boyfriends if we were too sportsy and masculine! And, of course, we all went to school with unathletic BOYS. The best way to build and improve athletic skills is to start when the child is young.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2021, 11:36 AM
    You are dreaming. I used to coach soccer. Watching boys play versus watching girls play is like watching lions and then watching bobcats. The boys are MUCH stronger and faster. You cannot compare the two. And the sad thing is that if we employed your one team idea, the great loser by far would be the girls. It is tragic what that kind of fantasy, liberal thinking is doing to girls. Very sad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2021, 11:53 AM
    You are dreaming. I used to coach soccer. Watching boys play versus watching girls play is like watching lions and then watching bobcats.
    Those sports teams will include trans, bi, and enby students. Plus, we'll also have sewing, cleaning, and child care teams.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2021, 11:56 AM
    That's because girls used to be (and probably still are) told that they are the weaker sex so must kowtow to boys. We girls certainly wouldn't get any boyfriends if we were too sportsy and masculine! And, of course, we all went to school with unathletic BOYS. The best way to build and improve athletic skills is to start when the child is young.
    Denying the science again . The fastest female sprinter Allyson Felix, has a house full of gold medals from international track and field competition and holds the record for the most gold medals in track and field world championships . Her best time in the 400 meter is 49.26 seconds . Based on 2018 data, nearly 300 high-school boys in the U.S. alone could beat that time . It is just a fact that once male puberty is complete the biological advantages men possess: larger hearts, lungs and bones, greater bone density, more-oxygenated blood, more fast-twitch muscle fiber and vastly greater muscle mass gives them an overwhelming advantage .
    So what did Connecticut do ? They allowed 2 males who "self identify " as female to compete in girls track . No surprise here . They crushed the competition and took the 2 top spots . They eliminated girls from advancement to regional championships, scouting and scholarship opportunities and trophies, and they set records that will be unsurpassable to other girl athletes .

Quid and the Dems claim to be for woman's rights . But with this one EO ,Quid has rolled back decades of progress.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2021, 12:14 PM
    Her best time in the 400 meter is 49.26 seconds . Based on 2018 data, nearly 300 high-school boys in the U.S. alone could beat that time
    It's just stunning to think that there are high schools in America where she would not be running, or at least not in the #1 position. It is hard to imagine how any sensible person could argue against that UNLESS that person already had determined that a firmly held political philosophy will override any and all factual arguments. But then a person of that sort has actually ceased to be sensible, have they not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2021, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Denying the science again . The fastest female sprinter Allyson Felix,
    Thank goodness she didn't listen to the adults who told her younger self that she would never land a husband if she got too sportsy and won awards.
    It is just a fact that once male puberty is complete the biological advantages men possess: larger hearts, lungs and bones, greater bone density, more-oxygenated blood, more fast-twitch muscle fiber and vastly greater muscle mass gives them an overwhelming advantage .
    And how are all those masculine types when sewing, cleaning house, and taking good and patient care with babies and children?
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2021, 12:24 PM
    And how are all those masculine types when sewing, cleaning house, and taking good and patient care with babies and children?
    I can sew. I can clean house. I'm not nearly as good with babies as my wife is, but I can change a diaper. I have no problem with teaching those kinds of things to boys. HOWEVER, you have changed the subject. A Felix is a great athlete, but if she had to compete against men, you would never have heard of her. I hope you will rethink your idea of one team for boys and girls. If you truly care about girls, you will.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2021, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    So what did Connecticut do ? They allowed 2 males who "self identify " as female to compete in girls track . No surprise here . They crushed the competition and took the 2 top spots . They eliminated girls from advancement to regional championships, scouting and scholarship opportunities and trophies, and they set records that will be unsurpassable to other girl athletes .
    Sounds like it's time to create more divisions.

I hope you will rethink your idea of one team for boys and girls. If you truly care about girls, you will.
    Teams should be made based on ability. I played grade-school softball/baseball and soccer with the boys. Of course, that ended when I went to high school (because I was a girl). Then, to get back at the administration, I, a mere girl, was the top English, Latin, and trig student.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2021, 12:52 PM
    Of course, that ended when I went to high school (because I was a girl). Then, to get back at the administration, I, a mere girl, was the top English, Latin, and trig student.
    It ended because, as a female, you by then were hopelessly outclassed by the boys. Sorry, but that's how it is. I have no idea how you doing so extremely well in academics was "getting back" at the administration. I would have been gloriously happy for you.

But if a girl can compete with the boys, then I'm fine with her playing on a boys team. There would not be one girl in a thousand capable of doing it, and in all my years I never saw the girl I thought could do it, but if she can, then so be it. It's when you call for boys to be able to play on the girls teams that you go far, far astray.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2021, 01:04 PM
    I've seen place kickers in football . Never saw them having to make a touch down saving tackle .

Sounds like it's time to create more divisions.
    like what ? A Transgender division ? Then it wouldn't be girls athletics would it ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2021, 01:15 PM
    It ended because, as a female, you by then were hopelessly outclassed by the boys.
    ...as were many very disappointed boys.
    I have no idea how you doing so extremely well in academics was "getting back" at the administration.
    The administration wouldn't even allow me to try out for the boys' team. "You're a GIRL, ick!"

Time to cut out all the cut-throat competitiveness and get back to just enjoying the fellowship and the game. Melania was all wrong with Be Best. It should have been Be YOUR Best.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2021, 03:34 PM
    Left wingers at it again.

"Washington city's mayor rushed to safety after homeless-advocate rioters storm City Hall."

The dem mayor immediately took a hard line.

He added the city is giving those in the encampment services and supplies and asking them to leave voluntarily. Fleetwood told KIRO the city planned to ask the members of the homeless encampment that took root late last year to move 25 feet away from the building after several issues, including harassment of county employees and several fires. "We seek a peaceful end to this encampment and if there is confrontation, we will not be the aggressors," he said.

Amazing that the protestors are still there when they have been asked so sweetly, nicely, and politely to leave. Go figure! I'm sure our new pres will respond in his usual forceful manner.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...torm-city-hall
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2021, 07:23 AM
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 07:36 AM
    Thank you, President Harris/Biden!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 10:07 PM

Maybe we can beat those Ruskie women now.

Russian powerlifting champ told to prove she's female before flight (nypost.com)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

visa under VE Subclass 175 skilled (Migrant)Independent [ 0 Answers ]

Can a refused visa under above clause be reapplied

When my ford focus to caravan there are no flashers on caravan all other ligts work [ 0 Answers ]

When my ford focus ghia 03 plate is connected to mt caravan all lights work apart from flashes

My 87 Dodge caravan is getting 13 MPG what's up with that [ 1 Answers ]

I have tuned it up new air filter new temp sensor new radiator, tires, thermostat looked for vac leaks

Caravan 99 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have dodge caravan 99. I have starting problem in the winter time. When I am starting some time it's start but some time it show the click sound, but if you try couple times, some time it's start. I check the battery, battery is OK. Please tell me how to figure out this problem. ...

View more questions Search