Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 04:23 AM
    Cool the pack forms behind us like it always has. You already knew that though.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 06:15 AM
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2021, 07:51 AM
    Biden : I want to vaccinate 1million people a day in the first 100 days

ummmm Trump had already achieved that before he left office

Biden ... make that 1.5 million

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/polit...ion/index.html
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 08:24 AM
    I suppose it beats forgetting where he is.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 09:40 AM
    I thought this was amusing. "I think with the grace of God, the goodwill of the neighbor and the creek not rising, as the old saying goes, I think we may be able to get that to 1.5 million a day, rather than 1 million a day," he said.

So we are going to allow boys who think they are girls to go into girls restrooms and compete against girls, and we are going to applaud 900,000 humans lost a year to abortion, and yet we depend on God for help?

And there is no assurance at all in his statement. "We may be able..."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So we are going to allow boys who think they are girls to go into girls restrooms and compete against girls
    Have you ever read up on the science behind that? Those boys ARE girls. If you haven't researched this (apparently, you haven't), thank God your mother didn't take DES or another estrogen-laced drug during her pregnancy with you to e.g., prevent a miscarriage.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 11:04 AM
    Have you ever read up on the science behind that? Those boys ARE girls. If you haven't researched this (apparently, you haven't), thank God your mother didn't take DES or another estrogen-laced drug during her pregnancy with you to e.g., prevent a miscarriage.
    I have read up on it. Those boys have XY chromosomes, male sex organs, and are in every way male. In what way do you conclude they are girls? And I can hardly wait to hear your answer. Please do not link to another website that proves to be a waste of time. Just explain in your own words how you conclude they are girls.

Might add that the practice of using DES ended back in the 70's, so the boys being talked about now certainly do not fall into that category. You need a much more current explanation.

You might want to look at the CDC info on DES. No mention is made of it producing any kind of gender confusion.

https://www.cdc.gov/des/consumers/ab...ects_sons.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 11:22 AM
    I have read up on it. Those boys have XY chromosomes, male sex organs, and are in every way male.
    Nope, they have "broken" chromosomes that make males actually female. Since you refuse to read any of my links, I won't post any.

And you've checked with each transgender individual to find if somehow the fetus hadn't been bathed in excess estrogen, either naturally or medically?
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 12:17 PM
    Nope, they have "broken" chromosomes that make males actually female. Since you refuse to read any of my links, I won't post any.

And you've checked with each transgender individual to find if somehow the fetus hadn't been bathed in excess estrogen, either naturally or medically?
    No. There is nothing on the web to support those wild ideas. It's just wild conjecture. If there were “broken chromosomes” being found in trans people, it would be on the front page of every news site in the country.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 12:45 PM
    No. There is nothing on the web to support those wild ideas. It's just wild conjecture. If there were “broken chromosomes” being found in trans people, it would be on the front page of every news site in the country.
    https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/02...ogically-male/

Skip past any ads and scroll down to:
    No, Trans Women Are NOT ‘Biologically Male’
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 01:11 PM
    THAT is your weak as water evidence? From the Everydayfeminism site, you have a seven minute video by a man posing as a woman who says he cannot convince anyone other than those who already agree with him? THAT is it??? Really??? His argument is simply ridiculous.

Do you have any reputable site that agrees with your idea that trans people have "broken chromosomes"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 01:15 PM
    THAT is your weak as water evidence?
    I told you to read the article.

Do you know and talk with any transwomen?

Here's from another article:
    "For many people, biology defines sex, and sex is always a binary affair. Sure, postmodernists have been playing with the concept of gender for decades, but sex, well, sex is sacred, which means you're either biologically male or female. But never both. Or neither.

But biology doesn't work that way. Biological phenomena don't necessarily fit into human-ordained binary categories. So while humans insist that you're either male or female – that you have either XY or XX sex chromosomes – biology begs to differ.
    "

Then, read Genesis 3, where sweet, innocent Eve used her free will to open up the world -- and our biology -- to endless possibilities.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 02:02 PM
    I told you to read the article.
    The "article" was about sixty words long. If you are even remotely serious, you would never go to a site such as "everydayfeminism.com".

Here's from another article:
    "For many people, biology defines sex, and sex is always a binary affair. Sure, postmodernists have been playing with the concept of gender for decades, but sex, well, sex is sacred, which means you're either biologically male or female. But never both. Or neither.

But biology doesn't work that way. Biological phenomena don't necessarily fit into human-ordained binary categories. So while humans insist that you're either male or female – that you have either XY or XX sex chromosomes – biology begs to differ."
    Many assertions with no support whatsoever. Useless.

Then, read Genesis 3, where sweet, innocent Eve used her free will to open up the world -- and our biology -- to endless possibilities.
    "Endless possibilities" like pedophilia, or necrophilia, or kleptomania, or hypersexuality, or any one of scores of other disorders? Surely you are not suggesting those are morally OK as you are trying to suggest with the trans situation? And where in the Bible do you find any support whatsoever for your idea?

You are going to have to learn that making an assertion but providing no support is the opposite of being persuasive. You tried the DES argument, but the CDC shut that down, so then you tried the "broken chromosomes" approach, and yet you have nothing to back that up. What's next, the influences of little green men? At some point you have to have a basis in fact for what you are suggesting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 02:07 PM
    The "article" was about sixty words long.
    Did you deliberately read the wrong article?
    Surely you are not suggesting those are morally OK as you are trying to suggest with the trans situation? And where in the Bible do you find any support whatsoever for your idea?
    Jesus taught us.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 02:16 PM
    This is all the article on that page. "“Yes, trans women are women, but they’re still biologically male.”Ever thought or said something like this? You might even have good intentions by stating what you think is a simple fact – after all, gender is a social construct, while sex is biological, right?
    Actually, this “simple fact” of trans women being “biologically male” is inaccurate – and this misrepresentation of the truth is being used to justify some pretty hateful things.
    So if you really want the facts, and to follow through on your good intentions by being a good ally, check out Riley J. Dennis’ explanation of why trans women are not biologically male.

With Love,
    The Editors at Everyday Feminism"

Jesus taught us.
    Unless you can quote a passage for that idea that there are now "endless possibilities" that are morally acceptable, then you are being thoroughly dishonest to the point where you should be completely ashamed of yourself. I will wait patiently for that passage.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 02:22 PM
    At some point you have to have a basis in fact for what you are suggesting.
    From https://www.patheos.com/blogs/religi...s-transgender/

"The precise cause of gender transition is unknown. However current research into gender identity and sexual orientation point towards processes before birth as being responsible.

A person's biological sex is determined during the conception process when an ovum is fertilized by one very lucky spermatozoon, and a zygote is produced normally with either an XY sex chromosome pair for a male, or XX pair for a female.

The bodies of all embryos start off as female. However, embryos that are biological males generally produce hormones that change their appearance to male. Thus, an ultrasound test on a ten-week-old embryo can often tell whether she or he is a biologically female or male.

In contrast, major neuron development in the brain of the fetus starts much later in pregnancy, in the middle of the second trimester.

Thus, during pregnancy, there are some processes early on that determine a person’s biological sex and their anatomical design.

However, the processes that develop the brain occur much later, in the second and third trimester. This introduces the possibility that some processes at different times during pregnancy can result in the birth of a new-born with a male body and a female brain or vice versa."

I will wait patiently for that passage.
    John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 02:29 PM
    This is all the article on that page. "“Yes, trans women are women, but they’re still biologically male.”Ever thought or said something like this? You might even have good intentions by stating what you think is a simple fact – after all, gender is a social construct, while sex is biological, right?
    Actually, this “simple fact” of trans women being “biologically male” is inaccurate – and this misrepresentation of the truth is being used to justify some pretty hateful things.
    You are still reading the wrong article or at least cherry-picking on top of it. Transwomen were born with external male sex organs but their chromosomes, heart, mind, brain scream "I'm a girl!" As they age and can afford it, they go through HRT, electrolysis, perhaps voice coaching, and what is known as bottom surgery to become the woman they know they are.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2021, 02:35 PM
    Your article you quoted at least had some scientific basis. However, there was not a shred of support for your "broken chromosomes" idea, and that is now officially a broken and preposterous suggestion alongside the DES hypothesis.

Your quote from Jesus is simply dishonest to an astounding level. He said nothing at all to support your silly idea that Eve's sin somehow opened the door to any and all sexual desires and feelings becoming acceptable. Have you no shame in attempting to drag Jesus into your baseless assertion?

Transwomen were born with external male sex organs but their chromosomes, heart, mind, brain scream "I'm a girl!"
    As usual, no support at all, and your comment that their "chromosomes...scream, 'I'm a girl,'" is just pure guesswork that is flatly wrong.

I'm done with this. I have no interest in your outlandish, unsupported ideas.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 02:50 PM
    Your article you quoted at least had some scientific basis. However, there was not a shred of support for your "broken chromosomes" idea, and that is now officially a broken and preposterous suggestion alongside the DES hypothesis.
    DES was a major gamechanger for babies born during the '30s through the '70s. Calculate how old those babies are today. And yes, a number of those now-adult babies are struggling with dysphoria because they are, to all appearances, women trapped in a man's body, or vice versa.

The broken chromosomes was my term for chromosomes that have been damaged or changed in some way. From https://www.genome.gov/about-genomic...ies-Fact-Sheet

Structural Abnormalities: A chromosome's structure can be altered in several ways.

• Deletions: A portion of the chromosome is missing or deleted.
    • Duplications: A portion of the chromosome is duplicated, resulting in extra genetic material.
    • Translocations: A portion of one chromosome is transferred to another chromosome. There are two main types of translocation. In a reciprocal translocation, segments from two different chromosomes have been exchanged. In a Robertsonian translocation, an entire chromosome has attached to another at the centromere.
    • Inversions: A portion of the chromosome has broken off, turned upside down, and reattached. As a result, the genetic material is inverted.
    • Rings: A portion of a chromosome has broken off and formed a circle or ring. This can happen with or without loss of genetic material.

Your quote from Jesus is simply dishonest to an astounding level.
    He said treat each other with love. How is that dishonest?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2021, 02:57 PM
    I have no interest in your outlandish, unsupported ideas.
    Get to know people in the trans community and talk (nicely) with them, ask questions -- like I have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search