Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 03:05 PM
    The United States led the entire world in reducing CO2 emissions last year while also experiencing solid economic growth, according to a newly released report.
    “The United States saw the largest decline in energy-related CO2 emissions in 2019 on a country basis – a fall of 140 Mt, or 2.9%, to 4.8 Gt,” The International Energy Agency (IEA) reported on Tuesday. “US emissions are now down almost 1 Gt from their peak in the year 2000, the largest absolute decline by any country over that period.”
    This is speaking of 2019. Rather amazingly, this all happened even as electrical consumption actually INCREASED. Well, always good to be reminded.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/unite...ONOyixlkl--N6E
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 04:43 PM
    Dems fall 10 short of convicting the dufus. 57-43
    in other words not guilty .

Gotta love partisanship...
    according to the compliant press ;this is the most votes against the charged by his own party in American history . True as far as a statement of 'fact' . However it is deceptive . Andrew Johnson came within one vote of conviction . There have been 3 other impeachments ;Bubba and 2 for Trump . So what exactly is their point except more gothca ?

No surprise at all, nor was Minority Leader McConnell's scathing rebuke of the dufus while voting not guilty.

Slick Mitch has the next election cycle in his sights.
    The turtle was on point and correct in that the Senate is no place to play judge and jury . An impeachment is a political process . If Trump is guilty of crimes ,it is for the justice dept and judiciary to deal with it .
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 05:18 PM
    If Trump is guilty of crimes ,it is for the justice dept and judiciary to deal with it .
    I don't think they'll do that. They know that if they have to follow the rules of justice, they won't stand a chance. This sham of a Senate trial broke all sorts of rules, and still they plainly had no case.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    in other words not guilty .

according to the compliant press ;this is the most votes against the charged by his own party in American history . True as far as a statement of 'fact' . However it is deceptive . Andrew Johnson came within one vote of conviction . There have been 3 other impeachments ;Bubba and 2 for Trump . So what exactly is their point except more gothca ?

The turtle was on point and correct in that the Senate is no place to play judge and jury . An impeachment is a political process . If Trump is guilty of crimes ,it is for the justice dept and judiciary to deal with it .
    The only thing you got right was that impeachment is a political process, and that political process will continue to play out for sure. Spin and all. Remember the dufus has only just begun, his words not mine.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 05:07 AM
    McConnel's comment was priceless - he voted to acquit, then promptly bashed Trump for every charge brought against him - in the most vicious terms.

He explained his acquittal because Trump was no longer president so could not be tried as a private citizen. That's even more priceless, since he was the one who requested the trial be delayed until Trump was no longer president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don'cha love it???
    Expert

Feb 14, 2021, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    McConnel's comment was priceless - he voted to acquit, then promptly bashed Trump for every charge brought against him - in the most vicious terms.

He explained his acquittal because Trump was no longer president so could not be tried as a private citizen. That's even more priceless, since he was the one who requested the trial be delayed until Trump was no longer president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don'cha love it???
    Another perfect example of repub fixing the outcome. Just like the last impeachment of this dufus. Evidence and FACTS the fringers always demand just doesn't matter.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 06:11 AM
    since he was the one who requested the trial be delayed until Trump was no longer president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don'cha love it???
    Yeah. I'm sure the liberal dems all sat around and said, "Our dear friend McConnel has requested we hold off until Trump is gone, so in a spirit of love and unity, let's do that!" Please don't ask us to believe something that ridiculous.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2021, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure the liberal dems all sat around and said, "Our dear friend McConnel has requested we hold off until Trump is gone, so in a spirit of love and unity, let's do that!" Please don't ask us to believe something that ridiculous.
    As dems have said repeatedly it doesn't matter when the trial goes forth, he was impeached while he was president for stuff he did as a president. Repubs are the only ones using McConnell's delay as an excuse to not convict the dufus. Nice spin but BOGUS!
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 03:23 PM
    Trump made history.He is now the most acquitted president in American history.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2021, 03:25 PM
    Trump made history.
    Not in a particularly good way though...
    I'm sure there's more to come, we haven't heard the last of this..
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 03:35 PM
    we haven't heard the last of this..
    I'm afraid that's true. When the repubs regain control, I hope they will have the courage to reject these sickening political circuses.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2021, 03:58 PM
    I'm afraid that's true. When the repubs regain control, I hope they will have the courage to reject these sickening political circuses.
    This isn't party political, you need to look beyond the pettiness to the far bigger picture.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 04:11 PM
    Both of the trials for Trump were purely political. The second was beyond incredible. Impeaching a pres who was no longer in office is just crazy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2021, 04:22 PM
    If a president can't be impeached when IN office, and he/she can't be impeached when OUT of office, when can he/she be impeached???
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 04:27 PM
    Not following you. A sitting Pres can be impeached. Having a solid case really helps.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 05:12 PM
    Trump made history.He is now the most acquitted president in American history.
    And the most impeached in American history.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2021, 05:14 PM
    Mitch McConnell, the same person who refused to convene the Senate to begin an impeachment trial while Trump was still in office, later claimed it was unconstitutional to impeach a president after he's left office.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2021, 06:48 PM
    Please don't ask me to explain McConnell.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2021, 03:37 AM
    Please don't ask me to explain McConnell.
    I'd be happy if you could just explain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Mitch McConnell, the same person who refused to convene the Senate to begin an impeachment trial while Trump was still in office, later claimed it was unconstitutional to impeach a president after he's left office.
    Slick Mitch ain't fooling anybody. He knew where his party was and didn't dare vote against the dufus. Too many cowards and sycophants need those loony voters, and a civil war within the party hurts him and a bunch of repubs. He made a scathing speech against the dufus, but voted to acquit using a BS excuse he set up to cover his arse and his party, so he just had his cake and tried to eat it too.

For now it's still the dufus mob, and will remain so for some time, and Slick still wants to remain the repub senate leader. That simple.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 06:57 AM
    And the most impeached in American history.
    and Bubba was impeached . Does the left think any less of him for it ? j is right . Impeachment is a political process. The Dems with Trump have tried to make it into an elaborate 'vote of no confidence.' .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancŽ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search