Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 10:21 AM
    You guys throw that lie word around way too much . It is an easy smear for you to use . It takes no effort on your part to write that 3 letter word .
    That's a good point. I've been guilty of it myself. It is much easier to write three letters than it is to produce contrary evidence. Simply saying, "Oh, those republicans are just lying. After all, an election won by a dem just had to have been done legally," hardly proves anything.

I will say again. This business of allowing whoever to mail in a ballot is a terrible idea. We need to go back to having people go to the trouble of getting off their rear end and going to a polling place to vote. You know, like we do with liquor stores, Walmart, ballgames, and other vital activities. Expand the time of voting to two days if need be to mitigate long lines. Require a picture ID like we do with the purchasing of liquor or tobacco.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 10:37 AM
    Did the dems objections result in a howling mob storming the capital? In truth we probably have these objections and stunts every four years during the certification process, but behind closed doors between the house and senate members. What makes this election so different is the dufus lies and his sycophants repeating the lies.

I mean if 60 judges, some dufus appointees, throw his lies out of court why do you fringers still believe them and act on them?

That's pretty crazy. When crazy crosses a line there are consequences...169 pro-Trump rioters have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all. (msn.com)...I don't care about left or right when it comes to loony CRIMINAL behavior. Nor should any sane person.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I will say again. This business of allowing whoever to mail in a ballot is a terrible idea. We need to go back to having people go to the trouble of getting off their rear end and going to a polling place to vote. You know, like we do with liquor stores, Walmart, ballgames, and other vital activities. Expand the time of voting to two days if need be to mitigate long lines. Require a picture ID like we do with the purchasing of liquor or tobacco.
    What if each registered voter gets an application to vote by mail (if that's the preference). The application demands a photocopy of a current ID (state, driver's license, college, gun registration), last four digits of the SS#, and the voter's signature. All that information is on file at the election office and will be checked against the mailed-in application.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 10:46 AM
    What if each registered voter gets an application to vote by mail (if that's the preference). The application demands a photocopy of a current ID (state, driver's license, college, gun registration), last four digits of the SS#, and the voter's signature. All that information is on file at the election office and will be checked against the mailed-in application.
    How does all of that information get on file at the election office?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 10:49 AM
    How does all of that information get on file at the election office?
    The voter has to personally bring it in and have it approved sometime during the year.

The same information must be produced when voting in person for the first time.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We can't let a small thing like facts get in the way of fringer thinking now can we? I posted a link before about voter registration with each states requirements but reading and comprehension is not the strong suit of some people, or they rather just make up stuff, twist the truth, or just plain LIE.

Take your pick.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 11:42 AM
    The voter has to personally bring it in and have it approved sometime during the year.
    If they can do that, then why can't they go vote? I'm not talking about legit absentee ballots. My wife and I voted absentee this year for the first time ever. Our first granddaughter was due in early November, but we had to get off our rear ends, go to the courthouse, present a pic ID, and basically go through what everyone else at the polling places had to go through. It must first and foremost be secure, reliable, and not open to accusations of fraud.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 11:50 AM
    Plenty of accusations from this last election, but no EVIDENCE of fraud. That's not just from the dems, but repubs too. More of those pesky FACTS.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 11:53 AM
    If they can do that, then why can't they go vote?
    I did when I could still walk. Covid has also changed the scene of voting in person.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 12:16 PM
    Your situation is understandable and has never been in question. Covid will someday be a bad memory, probably within the next several months. But Covid did not prevent people from going to liquor stores or political demonstrations. It is just being used as a convenient excuse.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 12:31 PM
    I'll never understand why conservatives and repubs feel so threatened by mail in voting when there is no evidence of fraud. What do you call accusations with no evidence?

BASELESS!

I suppose though that after years of making voting harder for some they repubs can't help themselves.

Your situation is understandable and has never been in question. Covid will someday be a bad memory, probably within the next several months. But Covid did not prevent people from going to liquor stores or political demonstrations. It is just being used as a convenient excuse.
    Despite the "EXCUSES" long lines were still in evidence everywhere. No evidence of fraud there either despite the claims.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2021, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You guys throw that lie word around way too much ..... It takes no effort on your part to write that 3 letter word .
    You guys sure make it easy to do so.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2021, 01:14 PM
    tal for me it is simple . I want my ballot private . Despite the bs assurances about 2nd secret envelopes that are separated from the envelopes that carry the signature ;I don't believe poll counters are not comparing ballots with who sent them especially in districts where video evidence shows that counters are sent home while counting proceeds .

There is no conclusive proof that significant fraud did not occur . Enough to change the outcome ? Maybe ;maybe not .

The only place a Senator could address the concerns of their constituents is when the certification process occurred . Hawley knowing that, did the will of the people as he saw it and raised objections during the count . If you see that as incitement then that is your problem.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 01:27 PM
    But Covid did not prevent people from going to liquor stores or political demonstrations. It is just being used as a convenient excuse.
    And those are our trusted voters....
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 22, 2021, 12:49 AM
    Oh well..

Judge denies Parler an injunction to force AWS to host the antisocial network for internet outcasts
    https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/21/parler_aws_injunction/
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2021, 02:00 AM
    antisocial network for internet outcasts
    Thank goodness you have an unbiased outlook on the matter. This is exactly the kind of approach used by those who want to squelch free speech. "Yes, Parler ended up out of business, having been squelched by big tech, but it's no real concern since they didn't agree with me anyway."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2021, 08:30 AM
    appeal and appeal again . This case has to be decided by SOTUS .
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 22, 2021, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    appeal and appeal again . This case has to be decided by SOTUS .
    I very much doubt it.
    AWS' (Amazon's) Terms of Service are particularly strict.

Thank goodness you have an unbiased outlook on the matter. This is exactly the kind of approach used by those who want to squelch free speech. "Yes, Parler ended up out of business, having been squelched by big tech, but it's no real concern since they didn't agree with me anyway."
    That was a quote from the irreverent UK tech paper I linked to, not mine.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2021, 12:33 PM
    Free speech is not unfettered as it has limits defined by not shouting fire in a crowded theater, and it's been long held that commerce can seek it's own contracts and terms. If a Parlar cannot meet those terms then good luck in the courts, or with any other options they deem viable. That's the problem with the court of public opinion sometimes as it may not comport with the law which is the final arbiter of resolution.

Seems a simple enough case of complying with the contract that before current events was not enforced too closely. It is now.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2021, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Free speech is not unfettered as it has limits defined by not shouting fire in a crowded theater
    Good and necessary point. So many do not understand the simple concept of free speech.

Urging insurrection in front of thousands in front of the WH and urging the thousands to march on the Capitol is NOT free speech. Yet, there are some here who defend Trump doing this very thing under the guise of free speech.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancŽ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search