Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and Bubba was impeached . Does the left think any less of him for it ? j is right . Impeachment is a political process. The Dems with Trump have tried to make it into an elaborate 'vote of no confidence.' .
    The Repubs impeached Clinton for his private sex life. Trump was impeached for 1) betraying his country by bribing a foreign president, and, 2) for inciting insurrection to overthrow a legitimate election.

No contest.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 07:09 AM
    Bubba was impeached for the same things you wanted to put Flynn in jail for .... perjury and suborning perjury . All 3 impeachments were political theatre ;as was Andrew Johnson's .

Had they impeached Nixon it would've been legit .
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 07:23 AM
    Bubba was impeached for the same things you wanted to put Flynn in jail for .... perjury and suborning perjury . All 3 impeachments were political theatre ;as was Andrew Johnson's .

Had they impeached Nixon it would've been legit .
    His perjury was lying about his private sex life. Hardly an impeachable issue. Perjury is often excused in courts unless it's a major falsehood effecting more important issues. Trump's issues went to the heart of the republic.

As to impeachment being political theater, impeachment is a LEGAL process spelled out in the Constitution. It’s a myth that impeachment is just political. It’s the principal legal remedy that the Constitution expressly specifies to hold presidents accountable. It is the supreme law of the land.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2021, 08:18 AM
    His perjury was lying about his private sex life.
    Private??? You mean the incident that the entire world became aware of, and that BC repeatedly lied about, and concerning which he was entirely willing to sacrifice the reputation and career of a 21 year old WH female intern? That kind of "private"??? Why does it seem that none of that means much to liberal dems so long, of course, as it was a liberal dem who was guilty of it?
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 08:23 AM
    It’s the principal legal remedy that the Constitution expressly specifies to hold presidents accountable. It is the supreme law of the land.
    Not the way it has been applied .
    Johnson was impeached because he would not go along with the Republican reconstruction .
    Bubba you already noted that it was not something that should've been dealt with by impeachment .Although it was clear that he perjured himself . That is why the judge punished him .

Trump 1 He got impeached for having a phone call with Zelenskiy asking him to look into the Quid Pro Joe crime family's dealings in Ukraine . And article 2 was about the President using his legitimate executive authority to deny Congressional subpoena demands (if Congress didn't like that they should've taken it to court ) .

Trump 2 The laws of incitement are clear and Trump's words being the cause of a riot would not hold up in court .Does he believe the election was stolen ? Yes .Therefore no matter how many times you throw out the word 'lie ' it is not so. What he said ,he believes. Nowhere did he instruct the protesters to storm the capitol to overthrow the government . What he wanted was the legal process to work out in his favor . He said to go to the capitol to support the lawmakers who were challenging the electoral results and to put pressure on others to change their mind. He was not rejecting the electoral process . He was trying to win within the process and the congressional certification was his last chance to do so .

The idea that he wanted Pence killed is equally stupid . Had Pence been killed ,Pelosi was next in line . So what would that gain him ? Putting pressure on Pence was a possibility only if Pence was alive A dead Pence served Trump no purpose . He needed Pence alive as the only person he thought could change the results . So the prosecution's contention that he sent the mob to kill Pence was equally a farce of a charge .

There may have been some leaders in the mob that incited them . For the most part the majority of them did not know what to do once they breached the building . Thus the selfies . That was hardly the act of insurrection.

Did he have anything to do with the planning of the Capitol defense ? No ;Capitol security is arranged by Congress .The police presence there was all arranged by the Capitol police and the Mayor of DC . So the President did not know the perimeter was so easy to breech . So he can't be accused of intent . He had no idea that some of the protesters would break away from the speech a good half hour before he ended the speech to attack the Capitol /

Therefore the impeachment was not about laws he broke .It was political .
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2021, 09:38 AM
    Therefore the impeachment was not about laws he broke .It was political .
    Wrong. Read the Constitution.

Of course Trump did not call for the killing of Pence. Talk about cherry-picking!

Apparently, you did not bother to watch the days of trial where the House Managers laid out in great detail all the actions of Trump before, during, and after the insurrection. Even the few honest Republicans with backbone voted to convict Trump.

Check out the strange comments from McConnell. And the truly bizarre behavior of McCarthy.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2021, 09:41 AM
    Wrong. Read the Constitution.
    Enlighten us.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2021, 08:25 AM
    Governor of Florida ;Ron DeSantis, is proposing legislation that asks the Florida state legislature to impose stiff fines – up to $100,000 per day – on tech companies that “deplatform” political candidates running for office in his state. His bill would allow individuals and the Florida attorney general to sue firms that violate newly established safeguards against privacy violations and censorship......and that colluding to ban people or companies from payment platforms or from cloud services, could also be outlawed.“Used to be that consumers were trusted to make their own decisions about what information to consume, about which leaders to ‘follow,’ about what news to watch,” he said. “Now those decisions are increasingly made by nameless, faceless boards of sensors.”
    https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/go...state-capitol/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2021, 06:39 PM
    Clinton was guilty of being Clinton, Trump was guilty of being Trump. Now what is Pelosi guilty of?
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2021, 04:23 AM
    Madam Mim is guilty of having PTDS Post Trump Derangement Syndrome . She has been completely obsessed with Trump as was evident by her ripping up his State of the Union Address during the address ;and her frequent impeachments against him. Even while her nephew Gavin Newsom's governorship hangs in the balance of a possible recall ;her obsession of Trump leads her to unconstitutionally impeaching an out of office President ;and trying to deny his ability to hold office again with a bizarre misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 05:19 AM
    Nice spin Tomder, but fact is the dufus cult is the greatest threat to America we've seen in a century and I don't blame the card carrying members of his cult for trying to keep him above the law and the reach of justice. That's just expected from his loony defenders and followers.

What's in your wallet?
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2021, 05:31 AM
    Update Parler is back on line .

https://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...e-here-to-stay

https://parler.com
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 08:11 AM
    Hurray! The loony fringers have a place to spew lies and disinformation and conspiracy theories. Think the dufus will climb on board?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 11:13 AM
    She has been completely obsessed with Trump as was evident by her ripping up his State of the Union Address during the address
    No, she ripped up the speech AFTER he was finished as a very clear message of what she thought of it. I agreed with her. (This is how nasty rumors get started, changing just one word to make it sound worse.)
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2021, 11:37 AM
    No, she ripped up the speech AFTER he was finished as a very clear message of what she thought of it.
    It was rude and totally unprofessional. And yes, you can say that she was simply following Trump's example, but they should both grow up and act like grown-ups. There is no excuse for it.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, she ripped up the speech AFTER he was finished as a very clear message of what she thought of it. I agreed with her. (This is how nasty rumors get started, changing just one word to make it sound worse.)
    I thought she made her point quite clearly too!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I thought she made her point quite clearly too!
    I've seen teachers do that too, as a very visual point.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2021, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    A distinction WITH a difference. Wtg, WG!
    Expert

Feb 17, 2021, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    A distinction WITH a difference. Wtg, WG!
    Of course such nuance is LOST on dufus defenders. Their heads exploded which I find rather amusing!
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2021, 01:50 PM
    No, she ripped up the speech AFTER he was finished as a very clear message of what she thought of it.
    Before or immediately after . Still a clear sign of PTDS .

But I get it .If the Dems lose Trump as an issue all they have left is infighting . It is not just Madam Mim . Quid during yesterday's Snooze Hall event got frustrated with Anderson Cooper and said even he was tired of talking about Trump. But CNN and all the compliant press have nothing else to talk about without Trump and their ratings show it CNN, MSNBC and Fox News prepare for life after Trump - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancŽ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search