Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2021, 04:13 PM
    Discovery works both ways. Dobbs was fired from Faux, will the others be far behind? Regardless, I see a BIG settlement in their future.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 10:14 AM
    You can now be punished for other people's absurd misinterpretations of your words including the following punishments .... social media ban, cancellation, boycott, loss of job........oh yeah and impeachment .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You can now be punished for other people's absurd misinterpretations of your words including the following punishments .... social media ban, cancellation, boycott, loss of job........oh yeah and impeachment .
    The words were not "absurdly interpreted". They were plain as day needing no interpretation. What you call punishment is the right of an organization to manage its business.

The impeachment quote reflected an incitement to overthrow the government by not allowing Congress to perform its duly authorized business by murder and mayhem. Over 200 insurrectionists have now been arrested and charged. Do you consider that absurd?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 11:04 AM
    Except, of course, that trump never said any such things. It just comes back to an absurd interpretation allied with extreme hatred. Maxine Waters said much worse with no complaints at all from liberal dems.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2021, 12:19 PM
    Trump tells Capitol rioters to ‘go home’ but repeatedly pushes false claim that election was stolen (cnbc.com)

When you blow a dog whistle the dogs will respond. Maybe you ain't a dog and can't hear the whistle but obviously the dogs heard it.....DUH!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Trump tells Capitol rioters to ‘go home’ but repeatedly pushes false claim that election was stolen (cnbc.com)

When you blow a dog whistle the dogs will respond. Maybe you ain't a dog and can't hear the whistle but obviously the dogs heard it.....DUH!!
    When people deny the obvious reality, it becomes increasingly difficult to break through the shield of what has become a cult. Accounts of the disaffected QANON followers supporting Trump are frighteningly similar to the Jim Jones tragedy years ago.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2021, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Accounts of the disaffected QANON followers supporting Trump are frighteningly similar to the Jim Jones tragedy years ago.
    "Like clockwork, the once loud and abrasive pro-Trump rioters who stormed the capitol building just a few weeks ago are starting to lose some of their once strong convictions to the failed second-term president.

One participant in the insurrection, the virally pictured shirtless, horned man Jake Angelo, who was later identified and imprisoned after the riot, has now said that he would be willing to testify at Trump's impeachment trial after his hopes of being pardoned were slashed."
    https://www.complex.com/life/horned-...eachment-trial
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 03:08 PM
    All of this complaining about 1/6 would sound much more genuine if it hadn't been for the appalling silence when BLM, Antifa, and others were burning city blocks and federal buildings, and then occupying entire city blocks for weeks on end.

The simple truth is this. At no time did DT ever instruct or suggest that his supporters go out and try to take over the Capital Building. Case closed.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    All of this complaining about 1/6 would sound much more genuine if it hadn't been for the appalling silence when BLM, Antifa, and others were burning city blocks and federal buildings, and then occupying entire city blocks for weeks on end.

The simple truth is this. At no time did DT ever instruct or suggest that his supporters go out and try to take over the Capital Building. Case closed.
    no but he told them to fight so mixed messages
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 03:33 PM
    If there was a riot every time a pol told people to fight for their values, there’d be ten riots a day.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 05:09 PM
    You do seem to have a lot of riots over there
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 05:29 PM
    Sadly true.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 06:08 PM
    Simple it is, truth it's not.

How frikkin' blind can a person be when it comes to Trump's behavior? The video evidence, eyewitness evidence, the testimony of participants in the riot, senators and congressmen in imminent danger for their lives - all are overwhelming. How anyone can fail to see the truth is beyond belief.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 06:13 PM
    It's very "frikkin" simple. If you have a quote where Trump instructed his followers to go and take over the Capitol Building, then post it. Otherwise, waste your breath on something else.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 06:19 PM
    It's very "frikkin" simple. If you have a quote where Trump instructed his followers to go and take over the Capitol Building, then post it. Otherwise, waste your breath on something else.
    Go turn your TV on - you'll find all the quotes your heart desires.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 06:56 PM
    Which means, of course, that you don't have any. If you did, then you would post them. It's that "frikkin" simple.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2021, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Go turn your TV on - you'll find all the quotes your heart desires.
    Here's one:

“Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election,” Trump, a Republican, tweeted on Dec. 20. “Big protest in DC on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

They turned out in the thousands and heard the president urge them to march on the Capitol building to express their anger at the voting process and to pressure their elected officials to reject the results.

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and Congressmen and women,” Trump told the crowd, speaking with the White House as a backdrop.

“We will never give up, we will never concede,” Trump said, delighting the crowd by calling Democratic victories the product of what he called “explosions of bulls---.”

“Bulls---! Bulls---! Bulls---!” people chanted in reply.

Trump has sought for weeks to thwart a peaceful transfer of power, aided by groups such as "Stop the Steal," which promoted stopthesteal.us the day's protest and peddled false claims about voter fraud on Facebook and other social media.

But Wednesday’s events were the culmination of his efforts to thwart a peaceful transfer. About 50 minutes into the speech, some of his supporters, waving Trump flags, began heading toward Capitol Hill, where unprecedented mayhem ensued.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29B24S
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 07:41 PM
    “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and Congressmen and women,” Trump told the crowd, speaking with the White House as a backdrop.
    Oh my! "We're going to walk down to the Capitol and cheer!!" No wonder there was a riot.

(Sarcasm meter on overload.)

The question remains. "If you have a quote where Trump instructed his followers to go and take over the Capitol Building, then post it."
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2021, 08:25 PM
    Oh my! "We're going to walk down to the Capitol and cheer!!" No wonder there was a riot.

(Sarcasm meter on overload.)

The question remains. "If you have a quote where Trump instructed his followers to go and take over the Capitol Building, then post it."
    That's exactly the problem with your demand. You want to cherry pick a quote so you can be sarcastic about it. You're hardly seeking the truth. If you were, you would do what the rest of the world has been doing - watch the events on tv. You know that if you do, you won't have a leg to stand on.

Trump's behavior stretched from November 3 to the day of his gathering on January 6 when his supporters attempted to prevent Congress from carrying out their duty to count the ballots. Trump had been loudly claiming for months that the election was fixed and doing everything in his power to overturn it. Even to criminally trying to influence the secretary of state of Georgia to "find" votes to make him the winner - an act that is currently under review in Georgia to determine its criminality.

There is not a doubt in anyone's mind (including the Republican senators) who disagree that the rioters were marching to the capitol on behalf of Trump. Only the senator's lame reading of free speech and the Constitution will give them an out from convicting Trump for inciting the insurrection. Make no mistake about it - it was an insurrection, much more than a riot. They and Trump were responsible for the murders, suicides, other deaths, eyes gouged, fingers cut off, and a hundred other injuries.

There has been nothing like it in American history. The senators who will vote to acquit will have sold their souls for a price. Their oath means nothing.

So it's not a matter of a quote here and there. It's an entire pattern of behavior lasting for months since the election. Are you up to examining that pattern? Then read on.

If you are disturbed by anything I've written here, and I hope you are, then watch the impeachment trial tomorrow. There will be all the evidence you need and that you have been asking for. Then come back tomorrow and tell us what you think.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2021, 08:37 PM
    That's exactly the problem with your demand. You want to cherry pick a quote so you can be sarcastic about it. You're hardly seeking the truth. If you were, you would do what the rest of the world has been doing - watch the events on tv. You know that if you do, you won't have a leg to stand on.
    I ask for evidence. You reply that I should watch TV. Try that in any court of law and see how long they laugh at you. A simple admission that Trump never called for insurrection or riots would be suitable here. Hatred is not evidence. The man has a big mouth, but that is not a cause for impeachment.

There is not a doubt in anyone's mind (including the Republican senators) who disagree that the rioters were marching to the capitol on behalf of Trump.
    Do I believe that you have some sort of special knowledge about what everyone does or does not believe? No.

Only their lame reading of free speech and the Constitution will give them an out from convicting Trump for inciting the insurrection.
    That and the inconvenient (for you) fact that Trump never actually called for violence or insurrection gives them, not an out, but an obligation to point out that this is nothing more than a second Democrat party kangaroo court. It is driven by an irrational hatred of a man who is not even in office, and is purely a political vendetta.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancˇ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search